Jethro
Hugh Midde
Angry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Tisdale sacked again Empty
PostSubject: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 pm

and replaced by steve evans at stevenage.

boy has his career nose dived since he left the greeks. To think there were some who saw him as a future argyle manager at one point.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 6:26 pm

Angry wrote:
and replaced by steve evans at stevenage.

boy has his career nose dived since he left the greeks. To think there were some who saw him as a future argyle manager.

I still do Wink
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 10:34 pm

Future Argyle manager ???

We are trying to get away from the Small janner club mentality,
Why appoint a 6 toed Greek.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 7:54 am

Jethro wrote:

Future Argyle Manager from the past bhey not now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 8:30 am

Best manager we never had ( thank feck!).

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 9:46 am

Jethro wrote:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 11:06 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Never rated Tisdale. The team that achieved promotion for City was largely someone else's handiwork. Once back in div2 and until he left for MK, I reckoned that 24 managers got their teams up while he never did again ... and still there is folk on exeweb who rate him. Still, should the excellent Ryan Lowe get headhunted (I believe I convinced Freathy on that score) I'm sure he'll have a letter in the first class post before you lot can dot another "i" Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 1:27 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Never rated Tisdale. The team that achieved promotion for City was largely someone else's handiwork. Once back in div2 and until he left for MK, I reckoned that 24 managers got their teams up while he never did again ... and still there is folk on exeweb who rate him.  Still, should the excellent Ryan Lowe get headhunted (I believe I convinced Freathy on that score) I'm sure he'll have a letter in the first class post before you lot can dot another "i" Laughing Laughing  

Last time I looked, the excellent Ryan Lowe had been unable to improve Prestons league position, since he arrived there.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Funny that Lowe was seen as our messiah right until he abruptly went up north and within weeks he's as washed up as our favourite midfielder will be once he follows him. Fickle bunch the Janners.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 18, 2022 3:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Never rated Tisdale. The team that achieved promotion for City was largely someone else's handiwork. Once back in div2 and until he left for MK, I reckoned that 24 managers got their teams up while he never did again ... and still there is folk on exeweb who rate him.  Still, should the excellent Ryan Lowe get headhunted (I believe I convinced Freathy on that score) I'm sure he'll have a letter in the first class post before you lot can dot another "i" Laughing Laughing  

Last time I looked, the excellent Ryan Lowe had been unable to improve Prestons league position, since he arrived there.

no difference in results from the guy the sacked to hire him. He offered to refund the fans that went to luton midweek to see his team loose heavily.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 10:39 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

As a Greek I'm naturally a bit sketchy regarding Ryan Lowe's previous seasons at Preston or elsewhere which means I can only comment on what I see before me when I take a totally disinterested glance at the league 1 table - In all honesty, the bloke seems to be making a pretty good fist of it. Lowe may well have his detractors but if he delivers promotion then what camp do you expect to find yourself in Mr C ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 10:54 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

As a Greek I'm naturally a bit sketchy regarding Ryan Lowe's previous seasons at Preston or elsewhere which means I can only comment on what I see before me when I take a totally disinterested glance at the league 1 table - In all honesty, the bloke seems to be making a pretty good fist of it. Lowe may well have his detractors but if he delivers promotion then what camp do you expect to find yourself in Mr C ?

As i've already posted the results are no different, his inability to understand that in some games its better to protect what you have especially away from home than continually playing gun ho attack and getting picked apart ad losing what you gave. Defending is a dirty word to him, he saw the light after last season that he needs better defenders than the makeshift bunch he was using if he wants to be more assured in ignoring them but he still didnt change his ways, Schumacher at least is and its paying off and we havent lost the attacking naure to ourr game.

until lowe does that he wont take preston anywhere but mid table which tbh is probably what they want as they arent a big club in terms of resources or size.

i see your posts about tisdale and his reign at the greeks and i got to ask the question if matt taylor fails again to take you guys up even now with you possibly being 2nd by this evening when do the fans/board of yours decide enough is enough and look for a new manager?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 11:01 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

League 1? Lowe left us to manage Preston in the Championship, which is fair enough.

The point I was making was he joined Preston and they were 14th. Now....they’re still 14th.

Whatever way you look at it, getting Argyle out of Division Four shouldn’t really be classed as a super achievement. In the same way that any half decent manager should be able to get Ipswich Sunderland or Wednesday out of Division 3 with their relative wealth, fan base, budget etc. Etc.

In normal circumstances, getting Bury promoted would have been a far greater achievement for Lowe, but he was handed an open chequebook by the crooked owner which ultimately sent Bury to the wall. RIP.

Lowe got the Preston gig on the back of our great start to this season, but he still lost his last 3 games with us. If you speak to people at the club, Shuey was quite instrumental in the day to day game preparation and tactics as a no.2. So it isn’t the greatest surprise to me that Lowe has simply stagnated in the next league up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

League 1? Lowe left us to manage Preston in the Championship, which is fair enough.

The point I was making was he joined Preston and they were 14th. Now....they’re still 14th.

Whatever way you look at it, getting Argyle out of Division Four shouldn’t really be classed as a super achievement. In the same way that any half decent manager should be able to get Ipswich Sunderland or Wednesday out of Division 3 with their relative wealth, fan base, budget etc. Etc.

In normal circumstances, getting Bury promoted would have been a far greater achievement for Lowe, but he was handed an open chequebook by the crooked owner which ultimately sent Bury to the wall. RIP.

Lowe got the Preston gig on the back of our great start to this season, but he still lost his last 3 games with us. If you speak to people at the club, Shuey was quite instrumental in the day to day game preparation and tactics as a no.2. So it isn’t the greatest surprise to me that Lowe has simply stagnated in the next league up.

Managers only make so much difference the players are way more important my guess is that Preston have a mid table side and Lowe has had no funds to significantly change that hence still mid table.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I must admit my knowledge of the PAFC managerial merry-go-round are very limited Mr C. All my opinions concerning Ryan Lowe have been formed with what your club has so far achieved this season. Should you get promoted - and you have a very good chance of doing so, then I imagine all his 'perceived' faults will be forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 9:47 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I must admit my knowledge of the PAFC managerial merry-go-round are very limited Mr C. All my opinions concerning Ryan Lowe have been formed with what your club has so far achieved this season. Should you get promoted - and you have a very good chance of doing so, then  I imagine all his 'perceived' faults will be forgiven.

I think it's more likely that Schuey will get the credit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 4:06 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I must admit my knowledge of the PAFC managerial merry-go-round are very limited Mr C. All my opinions concerning Ryan Lowe have been formed with what your club has so far achieved this season. Should you get promoted - and you have a very good chance of doing so, then  I imagine all his 'perceived' faults will be forgiven.

Highly unlikely that a manager who leaves in November, gets credit for the team getting promoted the following May.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 5:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Highly unlikely that a manager who leaves in November, gets credit for the team getting promoted the following May.

There's a ring of truth with what you say which means I'll have to track the end of season plaudits or lack of them. Meanwhile, have you been having a shufti at Supa-City Wink Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 11:15 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

There's a ring of truth with what you say which means I'll have to track the end of season plaudits or lack of them. Meanwhile, have you been  having a shufti at Supa-City Wink Wink  

Yes looks like ole Guardliolo’s going to do it again!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 8:54 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Had Lowe remained here we wouldnt be in the position we are now more 8-10th, Schumacher will get all the credit if we go up which is still a big ask this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tisdale sacked again   Tisdale sacked again Empty

Back to top Go down

Tisdale sacked again
Page 1 of 1