Les Miserable
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Bit of a test of character now for the team. All teams lose matches throughout a season, the important bit is the response and two home games against high flying opposition provide a good opportunity to bounce back in style-no doubt Wycombe will push the boundaries on Tuesday evening in their own way and Argyle must not fall into any traps which Ainsworth is very good at engineering. Shame about today, Cooper should have saved the shot from Purrington but equally Argyle struggled to create much by all accounts-hopefully this proves to be a rare bad day at the office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 10:40 pm

Jethro wrote:
if only they kept the 5 sub rule.... specially when Ennis returns

that could be returning it is being debated fwiw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Bit of a test of character now for the team. All teams lose matches throughout a season, the important bit is the response and two home games against high flying opposition provide a good opportunity to bounce back in style-no doubt Wycombe will push the boundaries on Tuesday evening in their own way and Argyle must not fall into any traps which Ainsworth is very good at engineering. Shame about today, Cooper should have saved the shot from Purrington but equally Argyle struggled to create much by all accounts-hopefully this proves to be a rare bad day at the office.

i agree, cant comment on the match as ive been at work so all i know is the score but you are right this is a test of character now with the next two games coming up to see if this squad has the mental strength to overcome blips quickly and go on another run of results.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 10:13 am

It had to happen sooner , or later.

Just a blip , or the start of a bad run of results.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 10:22 am

We smashed Wednesday on Tuesday (arf!). We haven't turned into relegation fodder in 4 days
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Having just seen the 1st goal and my lad was totally right
Absolute howler from Cooper

Its no good having a keeper who makes great saves when he also fails to deal with that FFS

Its not as if Youtube doesn't reveal it week after week !  Evidence is there for all to see.

From the start of last season and every game since
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 1:24 pm

The run had to end and charlton away was always going to be tough, two big games coming up so lets get a new run started.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 1:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

If everyone is honest we have ridden our luck quite a few times this season and not been the best team on many occasions. Argo are probably an upper midtable side but definitely not a top six side. I think we'll finish around 10th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

If everyone is honest we have ridden our luck quite a few times this season and not been the best team on many occasions.  Argo are probably an upper midtable side but definitely not a top six side.  I think we'll finish around 10th.

which would still be a great season for us
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

If everyone is honest we have ridden our luck quite a few times this season and not been the best team on many occasions.  Argo are probably an upper midtable side but definitely not a top six side.  I think we'll finish around 10th.

Agreed - it would
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Its no good having a keeper who makes great saves when he also fails to deal with that FFS

Its not as if Youtube doesn't reveal it week after week !  Evidence is there for all to see.

You really are mental or a permenant troll. Purrington was unmarked at the far post when the cross came in and lashed the ball past Cooper. Wtf was Cooper meant to do leave the goal undefended whilst he came out and became a left back?
If you want to blame Cooper for anything his limp throw out to the right which got picked up by a Charlton player but luckily Cooper saved the shot in style to save his blushes.
This team always leaves someone unmarked at the back post at some time in the match costing us a goal but that happens because we play with such a high line so we can always be on the attack at short notice and the plan is that we score more than they do which hasn't worked out too badly this season so far.
I suggest you look at YouTube again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Agreed - it would

At the start of the season I would have agreed with you but after being top for the last few weeks anything less than playoffs would be an utter downer. I think we have the best chance of promotion this season that we have had for years.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

You really are mental or a permenant troll. Purrington was unmarked at the far post when the cross came in and lashed the ball past Cooper. Wtf was Cooper meant to do leave the goal undefended whilst he came out and became a left back?
If you want to blame Cooper for anything his limp throw out to the right which got picked up by a Charlton player but luckily Cooper saved the shot in style to save his blushes.
This team always leaves someone unmarked at the back post at some time in the match costing us a goal but that happens because we play with such a high line so we can always be on the attack at short notice and the plan is that we score more than they do which hasn't worked out too badly this season so far.

The problem is (and has been since last season) that we haven't got a proper left wing back-Cooper & Grant are converted midfielders, not natural defenders. Galloway is a better Left centre back than his stand in and can often mitigate this problem.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 7:47 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The problem is (and has been since last season) that we haven't got a proper left wing back-Cooper & Grant are converted midfielders, not natural defenders. Galloway is a better Left centre back than his stand in and can often mitigate this problem.

It's the Lowe way, we haven't got anybody even remotely resembling a proper full back either, I think he knows the frailties but as long as we can get it on the deck and break fast the odd fopah at the back is a price worth paying. Tbf I think Lge 1 has changed since last here because you rarely get long balls raining down in your box all afternoon it's played a lot more on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Agreed - it would

At the start of the season I would have agreed with you but after being top for the last few weeks anything less than playoffs would be an utter downer. I think we have the best chance of promotion this season that we have had for years.

We've never really looked like the real deal this season. The 'real deals' this season are Wigan, Rotherham, Wycombe, Sunderland, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday. Also at a stretch you could maybe throw in Pompey. The three promoted will be from these.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 12:03 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Oh My Gawd

Tony Cannon....

Hello Harve!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 12:57 am

I think the big crowd spurred them on. That was a factor.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 9:48 am

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

10th would be good.

If Argyle can make the Play-Offs come season end , then fair shout.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:12 am

SteelCannon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Oh My Gawd

Tony Cannon....

Hello Harve!

Thought you did very well Tony, maybe your detractors should give it a bash, see how they sound.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Good to see some unbridled delight on this thread for a couple poor saps. sunny
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 8:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Good to see some unbridled delight on this thread for a couple poor saps. sunny

I still don't get the delight in wanting a team you claim to support losing.

Has to be a long con
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 10:47 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Oh My Gawd

Tony Cannon....

Hello Harve!

Thought you did very well Tony, maybe your detractors should give it a bash, see how they sound.

Thanks very much. I'd like to think I've improved a lot since the first time. Was easier to do in a massive packed place like that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews    Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre  match interviews - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle + pre match interviews
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4