Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)

Go down 
+5
PlymptonPilgrim
Sandford_Grecian
pepsipete
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) Empty
PostSubject: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:28 am

I think we established last time that we'd all been in massive brawls when Argyle play the Gas. The memory is pretty hazy, but I'm pretty certain it all ended with Freathy holding Jeffrey Archer (famous fan knowledge +1) in a choke hold off the cliffs of Tregantle. He eventually let him go, but only after they found mutual ground in their love and admiration for Ian Holloway.

Argyle Nil is my guess.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 am

Not sure about anything else, but that 7/1 on Richard Blight scoring first looks pretty tasty. I'll have a tenner on it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:12 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I think we established last time that we'd all been in massive brawls when Argyle play the Gas. The memory is pretty hazy, but I'm pretty certain it all ended with Freathy holding Jeffrey Archer (famous fan knowledge +1) in a choke hold off the cliffs of Tregantle. He eventually let him go, but only after they found mutual ground in their love and admiration for Ian Holloway.

Argyle Nil is my guess.

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 am

Jeffery Archer in a choke hold, Is that why you look so smug in your avatar pic? Good work, I am tempted to be really upbeat and predict a win but every time I do that we lose, and vice versa, so Argyle 1 Bottom burps 2. First scorer Lennox.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 am

Please put forecasts on the forecast thread, makes it easier for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:32 am

Useless piece of information #1:

Jeffrey Archer went to the same school as my lad Joe, Wellington School (The one in Somerset). Archer would like you to believe it was Wellington College (The one in Berkshire).

Pub quiz help a speciality!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Argyle Nil is my guess.

Freathy went up in my estimation there, oh but quickly fell back down again, fancy letting that fecking Archer go, should have let the fecker go, over the cliff... poor show young man, very poor show!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Please put forecasts on the forecast thread, makes it easier for me.

Sorry Pete, just to make it easier for you, just put a big fat zero next to me in the forecasting league, I'm bleddy rubbish. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Not sure about anything else, but that 7/1 on Richard Blight scoring first looks pretty tasty. I'll have a tenner on it.
More appealing that Chadwick at 10s!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 am

Is this the official matchday thread then?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:30 pm

We won on Saturday, so a win tonight is, to say the least, unlikely. We need to win home games though.

Have we won 2 games on the bounce all season?
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:36 pm

C'mon you Greeeeeeeeeens, a 7th placed finish is still on the cards 9 games & 9 wins and let's see where it leaves ya bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Whereas you, dear Greek have a massive 6 pointer tonight that will seal your fate or give you a glimmer of hope.

Honestly can't see either of us getting much tonight, but fancy us for at least a point. Exeter not having won in ages playing a team that scored four on Saturday doesn't bode well.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Whereas you, dear Greek have a massive 6 pointer tonight that will seal your fate or give you a glimmer of hope.

Honestly can't see either of us getting much tonight, but fancy us for at least a point. Exeter not having won in ages playing a team that scored four on Saturday doesn't bode well.

3-1 defeat for city tonight... our fate was sealed pre-season.. we will also struggle next season, bottom half finish.. I like the smell of coffee me lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:35 pm

You lot are going to be waiting a long time for me to score scratch Come on as a last minute substitute to take a penalty and trip over my soddin bootlace. Embarassed

Could try refereeing I suppose!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

3-1 defeat for city tonight... our fate was sealed pre-season.. we will also struggle next season, bottom half finish.. I like the smell of coffee me lol!

I saw on SSN that City have signed the Italian Fulham striker (can't remember the way his name goes- Lauri Dalle?). He scored a few, whilst on loan, at Bournemouth so should boost your attack. Not sure what you'll do about your terrible defence though (even with Premiership bound Krysiak Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

I saw on SSN that City have signed the Italian Fulham striker (can't remember the way his name goes- Lauri Dalle?). He scored a few, whilst on loan, at Bournemouth so should boost your attack. Not sure what you'll do about your terrible defence though (even with Premiership bound Krysiak Laughing ).

We could sign Rooney & RVP, but without the service, even those 2 would struggle to get enough goals, to keep us up.

Is Krysiak signing for you in the summer then? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:39 pm

What's the betting that Zebroski will score?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:50 pm

BBC Sport saying the team is this

Cole Berry Purse Bhasera Blanchard Williams Walton Hourihane Lennox Tsoumou MacDonald

Substitutes - Larrieu Bignot Young Feeney Hemmings

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Dreadful, dreadful first half.

BSP here we go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Table looks good due to gas not being able to finish a game and everybody else being shit as well. Must get a result on Sat. at cobblers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 pm

I heard the cheer of relief in work tonight when we scored, it gets us out the mire slightly. A win on Sat would make a hell of a difference now!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Big equaliser but another non-win in a winnable game at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 pm

How we got a point out of that baffles me.

Macdonald worked his socks off, and deserves so much better than just trying to jump for a hoofed through ball against defenders 2 feet taller than him.

The midfield pairing of Hourihane and Walton just doesn't work. Both of them are too slow and too ponderous on the ball. Hourihane needs someone to point him in the direction we're supposed to be attacking - sideways and backwards are ok if you're a Hermit Crab, but not a lot of good if you're a footballer.

The back four did ok-ish, with Blanchard again shining out like a diamond in a pile of manure. Is it me or does Purse look to have lost many of the qualities that he seemed to have earlier in the season.

The team lacks shape, organisation, fitness and drive...stop me if you've heard that one before.

We might be out of the relegation zone (again) but for how long. The games left are looking more and more difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:54 pm

What was it you was saying about a winning run tonight Andy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)   Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle - Gas (1st scorer, R. Blight 7/1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next