Freathy
Nick
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nick

Nick

Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread Empty
PostSubject: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Match day 32, then. A right old six-pointer and no mistake.

Up and at 'em from the off please Argyle.

Nice day for it! Think I might take a walk with the sprog to a beer garden for pre kick-off cider. Best avoid a right old six-pinter though...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 pm

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! or we will lose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 pm

3-1 to argyle i reckon, about to leave and going to go and have a 'few' pints somewhere on mutley and then to get my Wimbledon away ticket.

Never thought a game against Dagenham and Redbridge would mean so much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Family day today, Son, Grandson, Nephew and me off to see the mighty greens

I am in deep doo doo if they lose after dragging the others to the match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Well it was an opportunity missed but no damage done. Gained a point on Northampton and Barnet, didn't lose ground on Hereford and Bradford or D+R. Another clean sheet as well. Wasn't the greatest performance but don't think it's a bad day all in all.

We could and probably should have gained ground by winning today, but it could have been an awful lot worse so I won't be calling for Fletcher's head tonight.

I think we need to beg Burnley to let us keep Macdonald until the end of the season, which is probably what Fletcher's already been doing.

Hope Larrieu's night goes well after his yellow card today. Booked for picking up the ball when it hadn't gone out of play!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 pm

On the train home. Two points dropped. Not good enough, simple as that. Neither side looked like winning today. We should be winning games like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:30 pm

The daggers will be going down, absolotuley awful performance by them.

We wern't very good, but at leats we made a few chances... however we didnt take them, hitting the post twice and missing 3 sitters.

2 points dropped for me against an awful opponent. At least we didnt lose, anyway onto macc on tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Exciting. Good team work. Good communication. Scintillating. All-in-all a good afternoon. Well, that was my time spent in one of the booths with Andy.

As for the match - truly dire, inept performance. Embarrassed as my Palace-supporting (and his West Ham supporting neighbour) friend chose this to make their HP debut this afternoon. I can't apologise enough to them! We hit the post twice. We had two excellent opportunities in the first half. We should have won. But we didn't.

Never mind, another clean sheet and we didn't lose.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Oh dear. Not a good result at all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:38 pm

For over an hour today D&R were the better team, and that is seriously worrying.

We then seemed to wake up and had a 10-15 minute spell where we actually went at them, hitting the post twice in quick succession.

Then it all pettered out with a whimper towards the end.

We're crap, but I have a feeling two teams may just prove to be even crapper(sp?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Czarcasm

?? crappier??

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Bloody awful.

Wotton obviously knew someone in the Lyndhurst, because he kept trying to pass the ball to him.

Chadwick was outmuscled too often, and The Hobbit up front with him was never going to get near any of the barrage of high balls that Blanchard and Wotton pumped forward

Williams was ok-ish, Daley at least showed a bit of spark and skill when he came on, and his shot that hit the post showed terrific technique, but when the highlight of a professional football match is a fat bloke in the Mayflower jumping up to head the ball and then tumbling arse-over-tit over the railing in front of him onto the Mayflower terrace, that should tell you all you need to know about the quality on offer.

And yep, the best teamwork on display was in the Trust booth in the Lyndhurst. Symons and Knecht. What a team!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:57 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Czarcasm

?? crappier??

Merv P.

Yep, that'd be it.

Cheers Merv. Very Happy

Let's hope if we're crap, someone else is crappier, and then another team proves to be crappiest.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

Czarcasm

?? crappier??

Merv P.

Yep, that'd be it.

Cheers Merv. Very Happy

Let's hope if we're crap, someone else is crappier, and then another team proves to be crappiest.

We would need to be crappy, but I'm sure we can manage that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Well I had the pleasure? of listening to the game courtesy of Sparksy's dulcit tones, and it sounded as though we were the better side and a bit unlucky not to win. Having seen the comments on here and browsing on Pasoti, it would seem that Sparksy talks out of his ringpiece and we were a piss poor team against another piss poor team, and luckily the other piss poor teams around us didn't win.

Then I spotted this post over there, so I guess I was lucky to be sat miles away just listening to it on Player. Having second thoughts about going next week now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:39 pm

I thought we were the best of the two teams. Cole dealt with a few crosses in a way I didn't think he had in him. I don't think he had a save to make. We had at least a couple of chances that should have been converted. We hit the post twice. We were the better of the two sides but only in the sense that David Cameron is a better pm than MaggieT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 pm

That was going so well until your last sentence. Cameron is a buffoon and Maggie is probably this country's best post war PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Cerbera wrote:
That was going so well until your last sentence. Cameron is a buffoon and Maggie is probably this country's best post war PM.

In the same way that Stalin was Russia's best 20th Century leader.

(I'll stop there Basketball )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Anyone who thinks we were the second best team on the park today was either asleep through it or at another game. Dagenham are a team bidding their time until the relegation trap door opens. If that is their fighting spirit then they are down. We were better than them but only just in that we created more chances than they did but never once looked like making one count. It was a shit match with the ball in orbit for most of the time. Shit Ref, shit play and shit performances all around. Apart from that it wasn't a loss which is about as good as today goes. All the angst at Williams playing today from some people was shown up to be unfounded. In my opinion he was probably our best player but that isn't actually giving him much credit as there was little to beat on show.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
If that is their fighting spirit then they are down.

They have no fighting spirit but we're just plain shit. We're going down with them
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Anyone who thinks we were the second best team on the park today was either asleep through it or at another game. Dagenham are a team bidding their time until the relegation trap door opens.

I dont see anyone arguing we were second best....just the fact we were shit at home against conference bound fodder, in front of the large crowd the suits demanded. There's probably around a dozen teams whom really dont deserve to be professional football clubs compared to many more in non-league who wish to be, we're one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote "for over an hour today we were the second best team" is where I get my comment from so there is somebody arguing that point.

You may have been the sage of doomsville previously Freathy but how the feck would you know if we are crap or not. Did you watch or are you feeding off other people's opinions now? Currently we are the fourth worst team so no guarantees regarding relegation just yet. Don't sell your house just yet and put the money on that outcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:37 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Czarcasm wrote "for over an hour today we were the second best team" is where I get my comment from so there is somebody arguing that point.

You may have been the sage of doomsville previously Freathy but how the feck would you know if we are crap or not. Did you watch or are you feeding off other people's opinions now? Currently we are the fourth worst team so no guarantees regarding relegation just yet. Don't sell your house just yet and put the money on that outcome.

I was there and i thought we were crap!!
Any team that fails to beat the likes of Barnet and Dagenham at home deserves to be shot!!
I see on Pasoti they are satisfied with it all.........if the support is happy with that crap they are getting the team they deserve i suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:48 am

Exactly right punch. We were truly awful. How that team managed to beat Accrington 0-4 last week is beyond me. Did Accrington actually leave the dressing room for the second half?

Any positive that could possibly be taken from that yesterday is a fourth game without defeat.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 am

After the dogs abuse my son gave me about dragging him to the Barnet game I was surprised he agreed to go to the game after meeting me for a drink at the "freak meet". I feel a really poor father for having dragged a second twenty quid out of his impoverished wallet to watch more of the same. A slightly improved performance because D&R are worse than Barnet. I search in vain for any tactical masterplan, in fact any discernable tactics at all, other than lump it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread   Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Dag & Red - the Richard Blight match thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next