Go down 
+3
Freathy
Chemical Ali
lawnmowerman
7 posters
AuthorMessage

An Audience With James Brent? Empty
PostSubject: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:08 pm

As promised on the 'James Brent Q & A...' thread, I've spoken to Mr Brent today, albeit briefly (it's never easy getting a word in edgeways when that old rogue Cholwell is intent upon having his say), but the upshot of it was that Mr Brent would not be averse to conducting a Q & A session on ATD.

Nothing is set in stone; all that has happened is that I have handed on my contact details to JB - he has my email, mobile and home phone numbers - the ball is firmly in his court.

I hope he takes us up on the offer - for a start the Mods on here won't be editing or deleting any questions we might not like, which will make a pleasant change from the way other websites are running things. I'm sure the questioning will be tough, and rightly so, but I'm sure JB will be pleasantly surprised by both the standard of debate and the levels of courtesy he will be shown.

So, it's over to you Mr Brent. We'd welcome the opportunity to put some searching questions, and hopefully get some interesting answers. I'm awaiting your call...
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Good can`t wait. At least my question will not get censored because I`m advertising another forum.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:43 pm

At least we can ask questions that aren't purified for ass-licking reasons (look at me sat in my director's chair- Brenty is my fw-end).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:57 am

A good move Andy and Brent will gain my respect if he's prepared to accept "genuine" questions.

Keep an eye out for the saboteurs though, they'll surely be tempted out to play.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 am

Well done Andy for getting brent to (sort of) agree to this. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 am

Freathy wrote:
Well done Andy for getting brent to (sort of) agree to this. Should be interesting.

Freathy he's down in Cornwall doing a face to face as well . If you want to go I'm happy to give you a lift .
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 am

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Freathy he's down in Cornwall doing a face to face as well . If you want to go I'm happy to give you a lift .

Cheers for the offer. But I'm not sure I could be bothered to go to one of these stage managed events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 am

I thought I'd bump this one back up because I've still not heard back from Mr Brent, more's the pity.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
I thought I'd bump this one back up because I've still not heard back from Mr Brent, more's the pity.

What about from his secretary? I'm sure he's mentioned it to Newell, and I'm sure it's slipped his mind. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Greenman

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Brent is doing another question and answer on Pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

I am surprised!

Why risk being asked "genuine" questions when you can have the whole shenanigans stage managed.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:54 am

Nice try andy but cant see it ever happening mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 am

I think it will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Maybe we can ask him if he knows how to assist his President with finding his IP?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

Bump it up?
That would suggest he reads this site. I'd be surprised if he knew what ATD is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 am

I agree with others, whilst it would be nice to be asked, I really don't see the point in these things.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 am

Iggy wrote:
.. I really don't see the point in these things.

The trouble with the format that has been used recently by pasoti is that it it rarely ever reveals anything noteworthy. Because the questions are pre-posed, there is plenty of time to research an 'appropriate' answer and zero chance of being 'caught' out. There is also no chance of a follow up question to an answer that is unsatisfactory. Nothing gets discussed 'in depth' at all! The whole exercise is pretty much worthless!

I would much prefer James Brent met ATD'rs in a pub somewhere (the Cherry Tree?) and just went one and one with whoever wanted to question him about something.

It could be reported back on here - maybe phone filmed and "YouTube'd" for us exiles?

In an effort to promote Mr. Brent's vision of clarity and openess... I promise to buy JB all he can drink!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Theres absolutely NO chance of Brent doing a Q&A on here or with those who post on here.

Unless of course his trusted 'advisers' run it. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:51 am

A quick update, particularly for the doubters:

Had a brief conversation with Rick Cowdery at Home Park yesterday; James Brent will be doing a Q&A on here - he wants to get the pasoti Q&A out of the way first, so that he doesn't have to deal with a whole bunch of duplicate questions. Once the answers to the sycophantic ass-kissing Pasoti Q&A are out of the way, something WILL be set up on here sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:33 am

He's probably waiting until we're safe from relegation so his decision to keep Fletcher on as manager will be vindicated. Then it will be a similar Q and A to Pasoti where he gets the questions in advance and they are answered on his behalf by Mr President and the other disciples.

We scraped another win yesterday which gives us breathing space and I can't honestly see us being relegated now. This will probably ensure that Fletcher is kept on next season, cheap innit, and once we are displaying the "mid table" form heralded by fuckwits as some kind of miracle working, another season will have passed us by.

Fortunately on this site, I'm sure we will be able to ask questions about tax avoidance schemes, about how much has been invested by him so far and how much he plans to invest in players and coaching staff and why the need for the GASB when the Trust is already in place and could fulfill the role with some help, and why has the former Trust leader suddenly gone off the idea of the Trust and is right behind this new initiative, now that he has made a complete u-turn with his views, and is now questioning the Trusts membership figures. If you're so feckin interested Chris why did you step down to become a Brent lapdog? And lastly, why the feck does the Club President, which is really just a honorary title given in recognition for past services, have to be involved in setting up a Board, when it is obvious that any involvment he has will be for the benefit of James Brent, and not for Argyle supporters.

And as for someones comment that James Brent will not have heard of Argyle Talk Democratic, well Mr President himself stated last year that he had shown James Brent transcripts of dicussions on this site. And I'm sure it would have been a random sample of discussions eh Chris?

I'll be so glad when this season is finally over and the bigger picture becomes a lot clearer. If there is no significant investment in the playing and coaching side of things then we will all know why James Brent bought the club, or was he paid to take it on? and then the fanbase can be content in the knowledge that Argyle will be a League 2 club at best for the forseeable future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Audience With James Brent?   An Audience With James Brent? Empty

Back to top Go down

An Audience With James Brent?
Page 1 of 1