Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Incoming Friday Maybe Not

Go down 
+14
sufferedsince 68
green_genie
zyph
Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
pafcineurope
RegGreen
akagreengull
Angry
Jethro
Grovehill
Freathy
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5328
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 61
Location : Tavistock area

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Could be a good 'un. Didn't play much last year [interesting stat-1 game,2 goals] which does make you wonder but he has certainly been a pretty good striker over the years with a fair turn of pace:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck to him, hope he has a long and successful stay.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2020-03-25

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Short term contract makes good sense for both parties, he’s had injuries so we can have a good look at him, took a chance on McLeod last season and look how that ended for a player who has yet another injury and is considering retirement, Lowe got caught out last season not going to happen this season, besides perhaps it’s Agard wants it short term
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15298
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 11:47 pm

Grovehill wrote:
TBH with his record at this level, I would have thought he was worth a contract until the end of the season, or does RL think 3 experienced forwards is enough?

if he does well between now and january im sure he will have his contract extended till the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6909
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 8:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not a particularly enthralling signing but then it is nearly mid September so options clearly limited. But always difficult to know with these kind of signings. Definitely a good idea to offer a short contract.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 4474
Join date : 2015-07-08

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 11:02 am

Proberly won’t be able to hit a cows arse with a banjo
When has ever these short term loans turned out well for us
Can’t remember the last successful one striker wise
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15298
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 am

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not a particularly enthralling signing but then it is nearly mid September so options clearly limited. But always difficult to know with these kind of signings. Definitely a good idea to offer a short contract.

Exactly, he should do the job of covering Jephcott and Hardie while we wait on Ennis to return and hopefully do good and come January pending on how he does we either say goodbye and bringing another striker to boost the numbers up or extend him till the end of the season so its truly down to him now.

Lets see how he does i guess.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8990
Join date : 2017-09-09

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 1:10 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Proberly won’t be able to hit a cows arse with a banjo
When has ever these short term loans turned out well for us
Can’t remember the last successful one striker wise

Agreed, also the downside of a deal until January is it will probably take that long for him to get match fit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8990
Join date : 2017-09-09

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 3:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.

I thought 'foreign' players had to play for their country at international level to make them eligible to play in the UK?  If true, that puts French players out of the running for us, and puts Argyle at the level of finding a player from Malta etc.

Quite a few league one players play for their country Argyle has three on their books right now.

Lol I'll insert your reply here,
Just admit you were wrong for once...  Blunder after blunder after blunder you make, and you never ever cop to any of them.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6447
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.

I thought 'foreign' players had to play for their country at international level to make them eligible to play in the UK?  If true, that puts French players out of the running for us, and puts Argyle at the level of finding a player from Malta etc.

Quite a few league one players play for their country Argyle has three on their books right now.

Lol I'll insert your reply here,
Just admit you were wrong for once...  Blunder after blunder after blunder you make, and you never ever cop to any of them.

My reply is you're pathetic.

..and what I said still stands.  Jeppers playing for Wales hardly makes him the standard of Mbappe.

Gawd, you're thick.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8990
Join date : 2017-09-09

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.

I thought 'foreign' players had to play for their country at international level to make them eligible to play in the UK?  If true, that puts French players out of the running for us, and puts Argyle at the level of finding a player from Malta etc.

Quite a few league one players play for their country Argyle has three on their books right now.

Lol I'll insert your reply here,
Just admit you were wrong for once...  Blunder after blunder after blunder you make, and you never ever cop to any of them.

My reply is you're pathetic.

..and what I said still stands.  Jeppers playing for Wales hardly makes him the standard of Mbappe.

Gawd, you're thick.

lol! No you are full of shit, it really is too easy making you look a twat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Incoming Friday Maybe Not
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: