Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Incoming Friday Maybe Not

Go down 
+14
sufferedsince 68
green_genie
zyph
Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
pafcineurope
RegGreen
akagreengull
Angry
Jethro
Grovehill
Freathy
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13327
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 8:37 pm

Derby County striker Bobby Duncan trained with Plymouth Argyle for a couple of days with a view to a possible loan move but that is now off, DerbyshireLive understands.

It is believed the League One club wanted to take the 20-year-old on loan until January but the Rams were looking at a season-long deal.

Going on loan for the season would not have affected Derby's quota of 23 players of 'professional standing' because Duncan's only first-team appearance came in the FA Cup third-round tie against Chorley in January when the Rams had to field a young side due to a coronavirus outbreak in the squad.

The EFL later decided a number of the youngsters who played in the Chorley game - including Duncan - should not be classed as players of "professional standing".

Had he gone on loan until January and played first-team football he would have returned as a player of 'professional standing'.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5656
Join date : 2011-05-12

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:02 pm

It's obvious we are not signing anyone today.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6066
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:17 pm

Just like the dogshit days under the Brentmare, losing to Newport reserves and signing fvck all in the transfer window.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13327
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:
By Chris Errington Plymouth live

Plymouth Argyle linked to Portsmouth striker Ellis Harrison on deadline day


HampshireLive understands that Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth Argyle are in talks over a potential deadline day deal.

BBC Radio Sheffield are reporting that Bolton Wanderers have lodged a bid to sign Pompey striker Ellis Harrison.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 10:49 pm

10 mins left can Ryan pull it out of the bag......


Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:15 am

nope

oh well overall its been a good window for us i feel excluding the lack of striker addition to finish it off. we just have to pray nothing happens to Jephcott or Hardie in terms of injuries or suspensions till at least Ennis returns to full fitness with only Shirley a YTS player backing them up.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2012-01-24

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 6:48 am

Don't panic! In true Argyle style we'll sign an "unattached! (not currently under contract to a Club) player, with an injury record as long as your arm!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6533
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 am

Beggars can't be choosers.

We've fecked this window up.
We just needed someone to come in to cover Ennis.
If we was offered players why didn't we take the best of that bunch FFS.

Cmon Ryan your better then this.
Should have concluded business earlier
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 5656
Join date : 2011-05-12

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 7:55 am

Under Hallett we'll never be anything other than a L1/L2 yo yo club. To progress we need a new owner not just a new manager.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9451
Join date : 2011-10-23

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 10:51 am

Freathy wrote:
Under Hallett we'll never be anything other than a L1/L2 yo yo club.  To progress we need a new owner not just a new manager.

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2012-01-24

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 11:06 am

Tgwu wrote:
Derby County striker Bobby Duncan trained with Plymouth Argyle for a couple of days with a view to a possible loan move but that is now off, DerbyshireLive understands.

It is believed the League One club wanted to take the 20-year-old on loan until January but the Rams were looking at a season-long deal.

Going on loan for the season would not have affected Derby's quota of 23 players of 'professional standing' because Duncan's only first-team appearance came in the FA Cup third-round tie against Chorley in January when the Rams had to field a young side due to a coronavirus outbreak in the squad.

The EFL later decided a number of the youngsters who played in the Chorley game - including Duncan - should not be classed as players of "professional standing".

Had he gone on loan until January and played first-team football he would have returned as a player of 'professional standing'.


Only Argyle could feck up signing a player who isn't even classed as a player LOL
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13327
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 11:18 am




Are they excuses? taken from local media

Ryan Lowe reveals Plymouth Argyle transfer deadline day near misses

The Pilgrims did not complete any deadline day signings before the summer transfer window shut at 11pm last night

Plymouth Argyle saw two potential loan signings fall through on deadline day as the summer transfer window shut without manager Ryan Lowe strengthening his squad.

One of the targets is thought to have been out-of-favour Portsmouth striker Ellis Harrison, who was also linked with Sheffield Wednesday but ended up staying at the Fratton Park club.

Even in the hour leading up to the 11pm deadline last night, Argyle director of football Neil Dewsnip and Lowe were working on a possible loan deal, but that did not materialise either.

We had another one potentially done on loan, we agreed the monies, and then they have come back said 'No, the owners don't want to do it'. This is just all today.

"We had one for a Championship player, which has been brewing for a couple of weeks, but he said he wants to stay in the Championship, which is fine.

"We can't go and spend £300,000-£400,000 on any players because we haven't got it, and we can't go and spend £4,000-£5,000 a week on any players."

Lowe added: "I have been offered loads of players but they just don't fit our criteria. It has been tough.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6628
Join date : 2014-03-30

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 11:26 am

Rather he didn't panic buy/loan tbh. Work with what you've got, keep the squad tight and hope for minimal injuries and suspensions. Bring it on. COYG jocolor
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:15 pm

begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9451
Join date : 2011-10-23

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 1:47 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Derby County striker Bobby Duncan trained with Plymouth Argyle for a couple of days with a view to a possible loan move but that is now off, DerbyshireLive understands.

It is believed the League One club wanted to take the 20-year-old on loan until January but the Rams were looking at a season-long deal.

Going on loan for the season would not have affected Derby's quota of 23 players of 'professional standing' because Duncan's only first-team appearance came in the FA Cup third-round tie against Chorley in January when the Rams had to field a young side due to a coronavirus outbreak in the squad.

The EFL later decided a number of the youngsters who played in the Chorley game - including Duncan - should not be classed as players of "professional standing".

Had he gone on loan until January and played first-team football he would have returned as a player of 'professional standing'.


Only Argyle could feck up signing a player who isn't even classed as a player LOL

Clearly more a case of knowing he was a risk, and wanting to limit that risk to the January window, rather than commit for the whole season. Derby clearly want him gone.

I’m not Lowe’s biggest fan but it’s the correct decision and this gobby prick wasn’t ever worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6447
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 pm

Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 6:52 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6447
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 7:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.

I thought 'foreign' players had to play for their country at international level to make them eligible to play in the UK? If true, that puts French players out of the running for us, and puts Argyle at the level of finding a player from Malta etc.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6447
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 pm

Here you go...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So what foreign leagues will we be looking at?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.

I thought 'foreign' players had to play for their country at international level to make them eligible to play in the UK?  If true, that puts French players out of the running for us, and puts Argyle at the level of finding a player from Malta etc.

each individual is judged on their own merits but yes that is one of the main requirements however there are ways around that as the home office will know the likelihood of a french striker coming to argyle who plays for the national team would be slim to none.

seeing as the uk are going to be looking at work permits and how they are issued out due to the shortage of hgv drivers and the impact its starting to have the system may change yet,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8990
Join date : 2017-09-09

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 8:24 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
begs the question again why wont the club look abroad for players rather than continually looking in the same places.

The problem of work permits...

not that problematic pending on what nation they are signing the player from, if they were harder to come by due to brexit there wouldnt have been the same amount of incomings and outgoings in this transfer window as usual. It would probably be alot cheaper to sign a striker from france even for a fee including their wages than trying to sign one from a club up north who would want more money and the player demanding more to come here.

I thought 'foreign' players had to play for their country at international level to make them eligible to play in the UK?  If true, that puts French players out of the running for us, and puts Argyle at the level of finding a player from Malta etc.

Quite a few league one players play for their country Argyle has three on their books right now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 12:49 pm

WE HAVE AN INCOMING


bound to be a short term contract deal with someone...
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15297
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 1:01 pm

Kieran Agard a striker on a deal till jan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

welcome Kieran
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6533
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 1:34 pm

It's about time, should have just shut up from the start and got on with it.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1623
Join date : 2012-01-24

Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2021 2:54 pm

TBH with his record at this level, I would have thought he was worth a contract until the end of the season, or does RL think 3 experienced forwards is enough?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming Friday Maybe Not   Incoming Friday Maybe  Not - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Incoming Friday Maybe Not
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: