seadog
mouldyoldgoat
Grace Less
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace Less

Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Just so you know;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59174424
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Nice, still wallowing around the basement though.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 2:58 pm

On the other hand the Club doesn't spend it on ice-rinks and useless developments;

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/major-state-art-improvements-exeter-5581138
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 3:04 pm

del bhey was right about exeter and its fans they absolutely no ambition to get out of league 2 and are very happy to remain there via selling kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 4:07 pm

Grace Less wrote:
On the other hand the Club doesn't spend it on ice-rinks and useless developments;

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/major-state-art-improvements-exeter-5581138

Neither do we ! and you’ll soon find that out when Brent doesn’t deliver on Cathedral Green!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 4:09 pm

Angry wrote:
del bhey was right about exeter and its fans they absolutely no ambition to get out of league 2 and are very happy to remain there via selling kids.

100% and they’re still dining out on the 4-0 gubbing they gave us.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 10:18 am

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Mr. Angry has been known to get things wrong before and this is quickly becoming one of those occasions. I recall a conversation with Lou Macari who also said in so many words that City were doomed to perennially haunt the lower regions of Division Four. During Tisdale's stultifying and autocratic time as manager, things certainly looked that way as something like 24 managers lifted their clubs out of that division whereas Tisdale never did.

Under Matt Taylor things are looking up as there is money in the bank and a fine crop of youngsters coming through the ranks. Whether the team in it's current form is capable of promotion I'm not certain, however, if there are weaknesses then Taylor has the cash to go shopping.

Wouldn't you go gubbing if your team did a job on your near neigbour? Take a look at Suffy's first post in his 'Exeter Relegation Thread Updated' where he is actively seeking some sort of response. By and large it was a good thread which I enjoyed posting on. Decent fellow he undoubtedly is, Suffy's tips were usually side-splitting stuff but heaps better than "Lowe out now" that Freathy "used" to churn out. Embarassed

For your enjoyment....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO4ceooqd3w

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Mr. Angry has been known to get things wrong before and this is quickly becoming one of those occasions. I recall a conversation with Lou Macari who also said in so many words that City were doomed to perennially haunt the lower regions of Division Four. During Tisdale's stultifying and autocratic time as manager, things certainly looked that way as something like 24 managers lifted their clubs out of that division whereas Tisdale never did.  

Under Matt Taylor things are looking up as there is money in the bank and a fine crop of youngsters coming through the ranks. Whether the team in it's current form is capable of promotion I'm not certain, however, if there are weaknesses then Taylor has the cash to go shopping.

Wouldn't you go gubbing if your team did a job on your near neigbour? Take a look at Suffy's first post in his 'Exeter Relegation Thread Updated' where he is actively seeking some sort of response. By and large it was a good thread which I enjoyed posting on. Decent fellow he undoubtedly is, Suffy's tips were usually side-splitting stuff but heaps better than "Lowe out now" that Freathy "used" to churn out.  Embarassed  

For your enjoyment....

until the penny drops for the trust owners of the club that they after so many years of trying and to their credit kept the club alive but ultimately they cant fund a professional football club with ambition without selling off kids to pay the bills, paying the bills with that money and giving the change to the manager year after year and hoping he gets you in the playoffs its not an ambitious model that tells anyone from the outside looking in that exeter city want to be anything more than what we were under james brent jsut happy to have a club mentality and staying in league two where its cheap.

Futhermore whoever owns the club if they do sell or bring someone in or indeed keep the 100% trust they must start to look for and more importantly seek to get the feck out of sid james park which was bog standard when i lived nearby in the late 90's before they rebuilt the big bank and cowshed and build a new stadium to which they could upgrade if required in future that like what the chiefs did they use the stadium to generate income that city simply dont do now bar handouts and again selling kids they wont ever be a club looking to be championship or even established league one.

so whats wrong with that statement without the rose tints on?

you maybe have the kids now and exeter's youth system is far better than argyle's still for finding and developing players and "money in the bank" for the manager who probably in a job for life despite failing to get you out of league 2 multiple times what do you think is going to happen once the big clubs start offering cash for the likes of Key and Jay and that kite fella who's not a bad player from what i have seen of him your club will sell without bartering becasue thats their only big income.

oh and for every one highlight vide there are 5 for Argyle against you guys so keep that for the wankbank we have spares lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 pm

For your enjoyment.... hugh

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/19722834.fa-investigate-exeter-break-sub-limit-bantams/

cant they count in exeter the cheating barstools lmao del bhey must have been pissed lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:33 pm

Strange seeing as they have six fingers up there....
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Jethro wrote:
Strange seeing as they have six fingers up there....

Tis a little odd ain't it? Still, we're rubbing along using the same old singular digit whenever the greens are in town Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:06 pm

Exeter City have been ordered to replay their FA Cup first-round game with Bradford City after fielding a sixth substitute in Tuesday's extra-time win.

FA Cup rules state teams may not make more than five changes in a tie, including any period of extra time.

Exeter made a sixth change at the start of extra time when Josh Key replaced Sam Nombe and the hosts went on to win 3-0 after a goalless 90 minutes.

The match will be on Tuesday, 30 November at St James Park (19:45 GMT).

An investigation by the FA's Professional Game Board decided that "the result of the match should not stand".

"The PGB deemed that the most appropriate action would be for the match to be replayed in its entirety," a statement from the Football Association added.

Tuesday's game was already a replay after the League Two sides drew 1-1 at Valley Parade on 6 November.

The winners will travel to Cambridge United in the second round on Saturday, 4 December
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Jethro wrote:
Exeter City have been ordered to replay their FA Cup first-round game with Bradford City after fielding a sixth substitute in Tuesday's extra-time win.

FA Cup rules state teams may not make more than five changes in a tie, including any period of extra time.

I did read somewhere that the City players were pretty confident going into extra times as Bradford wre out on their feet. Let's hope that's the case and the replay draws the extra fans.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:28 pm

I guess cheats do prosper with an extra payday.

Should have been a replay and pay Bradfords travel expenses.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Jethro wrote:

As Humphrey Bogart would say: "That's the way the pisspot cracks". Wink

More filthy lucre heading our way. Suffy would have a fit Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Jethro wrote:

As Humphrey Bogart would say: "That's the way the pisspot cracks". Wink

More filthy lucre heading our way. Suffy would have a fit Razz

I’d be surprised if the net result of foul play is financial reward, tbf. Surely the first game is null and void? So free entry for those hardy few souls who went to the first game, shorely?

Exeter will of course pay Bradfords expenses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 11:06 pm

surely fine exeter for cheating and boot them out of the cup would have been better
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 10:42 am

Jethro wrote:

I popped over to Exeweb (The word on well steet) where a poster claims the Bradford fans are crying because they weren't awarded the tie by the FA.

The poster then added: "They are in complete denial about the fact that you can't bring someone on the field of play without the consent of the referee and the 4th official".

This was answered by our old chum STURTZ....

"You ask the FA representative what the ruling is on substititions, you follow the rules. The ruling is wrong, so how is it our fault at all? We're bloody unlucky to have to replay that game".

This, Mr J, is what happened to me many moons ago when I represented my army unit against an RAF team at RAAF Butterworth, Malaysia. It was getting towards the final whistle when I left the field with cramp. After having treatment, I ran on the pitch and was immediately booked for entering the field of play without permission which was correct as I should have waited for the ref to give me signal to come on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:58 pm

It is a weird one because to make a sub you don't just swap the players yourself you have to notify the 4th official who has to put the numbers on the board and obviously make a note of what's what and I'm amazed they didn't say you've had your subs already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 5:38 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Wouldn't you go gubbing if your team did a job on your near neigbour? Take a look at Suffy's first post in his 'Exeter Relegation Thread Updated' where he is actively seeking some sort of response. By and large it was a good thread which I enjoyed posting on. Decent fellow he undoubtedly is, Suffy's tips were usually side-splitting stuff but heaps better than "Lowe out now" that Freathy "used" to churn out.  Embarassed  

For your enjoyment....

I can understand the crowing of that gubbing but that’s the real problem with Exeter, they always seem to claim promotion in the Autumn and bang on about any defeat of Argyle, whereas I’m gutted for a couple of days and then move on and couldn’t give a flying one especially come the end of the season when it’s L1 here we come and still are, it’ll be interesting to see where Exeter are in May.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 6:33 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Well, I heard your collective criticisms regarding agent Lowe and yet this Greek is extremely impressed with the form and league position you greenies currently occupy - therefore it's a hearty round of applause from me. However, I do feel the time is ripe for his detractors to publicly eat crow as you are all in danger of making the outrageously incompetent Suffy and Les look good.  Wink Wink

A bit of a setback over the weekend but agent Lowe continues to earn my admiration for what he has achieved so far - no-way could you accuse ol' Hugh of being an insular sphincter (like some) regarding football in our region. As for eating crow, I notice that his greatest critic has "finally" got around to deleting "ROWE OUT NOW!" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Meanwhile the replay between ECFC and Bradfud takes place on Tues 30 November at 7.45pm

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2022 10:56 pm

Saw a rare sight today in the city centre. standing outside a shop with my drink waiting for someone to finish paying and low and behold i saw a guy get of a bus wearing boldly an exeter city scarf around his neck. Yes it was an actual Exeter scarf as the badge was in plain sight

i took pity on the guy as he looked as if he had down syndrome so clearly he knows no better but the brave stupidity of the guy to be brazenly walk around the city wearing that scarf won my respect as this was one more city fan proudly showing off his support than what i saw in exeter city centre for a whole 4 days last month.

stil
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 7:27 pm

Shitty going large at just the right time only 16 games left for them to implode.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Shitty going large at just the right time only 16 games left for them to implode.

Good win for the Greasy 'uns last night to be fair. Another Wembley horror show a la Northampton on the way possibly?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:

The above paragraph was my post on the 17th November, but even at this later date I'm still on edge what with the late comeback against Harrogate. However, in spite of all, I'm well pleased with our current position - how refreshing it must be for my Greenie chums to have my methodical reasoning as opposed to the wishy-washy guff you get from "Mystic Suffy and Lowe out whatsisname. If there should be any sort of worry on the horizon for you lesser folk it could be that a more pre-eminent club comes shopping for Mr Lowe's services. How we Greeks would laugh Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season   Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Relegation Thread 2021-2 Season
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next