Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Thanks Hugh for the link as I can’t do them on my phone.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Was it less than a fortnight ago when The Swiss jumped to their feet and left the room when confronted by the terms laid down by the EU which, according to Brussels, were "Better than those offered to the UK". It seems that little ol' Brussels isn't against a "little bit tinkering" themselves which really got Swiss backs up and nostrils flaring. Later when the Swiss made further suggestions they were accused of "cherrypicking". Where have we heard that before?

Even though a fully independant sovereign state, Switzerland was expected to fall in line with EU's "dynamic allignment" which means fully excepting the jurisdiction and dominance of the European Court of Justice. In heaven's name, what sort of politician from an independant country would even consider, nay, risk such a sell-out to a coterie of rule-changing third rate martinets. FFS read the link from top to bottom.

Things have moved on since that fateful day when the sovereign state of Switzerland decided against embracing EU's "dynamic allignment" and excepting the supremacy of the European Courst of Justice. They simply preferred to carry on in their splendid isolation - or so they hoped.

So what has happened, have both parties decided to rub along as before or has Brussels come up with something new? The reality is it's more nasty EU threats to toe the Brussels line or else. Remember how the French threatened Jersey with electricity cut-off if they didn't get fishing rights? Well, once again the obergruppenfuhrers' / commissars' are resorting to the selfsame intimidation. Who the feck would want to throw their lot in with that bunch of control freaks!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    

They really are showing themselves up for the bullies that they are.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:04 am

Oh dear and the thought the UK was trouble.....

'Slovenia's increasingly strained relations with Brussels will undoubtedly be underscored for the next six months as Prime Minister Janez Jansa prepares to be a thorn in Brussels' side during his presidency of the EU.

The Slovenian leader has been in charge of the rotating EU presidency for just three days and he already lashed out at the EU's treatment of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

Mr Jansa said on Friday that the Hungarian leader must be allowed to express his ideas about the European Union's future, warning that the bloc would "continue to shrink" if people are excluded from the debate.

His comments were a further sign of a growing alliance between the nationalist leaders of Slovenia, Hungary and Poland that is worrying more liberal countries in the EU.

Mr Orban faced criticism at an EU summit last week over a Hungarian law banning schools from using materials seen as promoting homosexuality, with French President Emmanuel Macron referring to a fundamental "East-West divide".

Like Mr Orban, he has also clashed with Brussels over media freedoms.

Mr Jansa said: "I think that he has the right to explain how he envisages the future of the European Union."

In an indirect reference to Brexit, he added: "If the debate on the future of the European Union excludes people in advance, then I think that the European Union will indeed continue to shrink."

Mr Jansa appeared not to be referring to any incident in which Mr Orban was prevented from expressing his views, but rather to the increasing mistrust of him in western European capitals.

He said differences between EU countries due to their different traditions and cultures must be respected.

He said: "So if you now judge a person based on imaginary European values which everyone perceives differently, and dual standards are used, then I think that this is the fastest road to collapse."

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Clouds gathering in Utopia lol.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Quite right to take a stand against leaders like Orban whose racist and fascist policies have no place in the modern world.

What's more worrying is that Johnson was so keen to invite him to Downing Street.

Sign of things to come perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 1:42 pm

Just tell me one good thing that has happened as a result of Brexit.....Countryfile last night had Adam the Cotswold farmer on saying how delighted he was with the price of Lamb mainly due to farmers panicking after being told by the likes of Harve that the EU were going to impose tariffs on Lamb exports yet the government actually has negotiated a tariff free lamb export deal! Not only that but British housewives are cooking more at home and are choosing high quality home grown English Lamb.
Obviously you wouldn't read this in the papers who are still ignoring any good news regarding Brexit.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 4:12 pm

Thats Adam out of a job for not following the bbc guidelines on Brexit.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 5:52 am

Quite astonishing that Steve Bray actually got Lord Frost to speak let alone saying what he did !

(Steve Bray is the guy with the megaphone pre Brexit who used to yell "Stop Brexit" at media broadcasts)

What journalists failed to get out of the Government Bray does ! Its not working !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:02 am

Steve Bray lmfao. Here's what Terry Stribling of Mulligatawny Way in Barnstaple says about Brexit,
"I think it's absolutely brilyant, I've never been to France ever and I don't want to neither".
There's always two sides to every story.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 7:17 am

The question clearly needs to be asked at this point in time....

"Could Johnson really be using Covid to cover up his dreadful and catastrophic Brexit"  ??
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 7:45 am

The affects of Bozo's catastrophic brexit will be felt long after this pandemic has ended. By far the worst is yet to come. Time for a responsible government to take over and put this right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 9:40 am

Freathy wrote:
The affects of Bozo's catastrophic brexit will be felt long after this pandemic has ended.  By far the worst is yet to come.  Time for a responsible government to take over and put this right.

bollox
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 11:25 am

Freathy wrote:
The affects of Bozo's catastrophic brexit will be felt long after this pandemic has ended.  By far the worst is yet to come.  Time for a responsible government to take over and put this right.

It's a pointless exercise trying to point out how the EU is attempting to spread it's borders / control even wider. Take Switzerland, they've had a cozy relationship with Brussels for years but now it's leaders find themselves in a George Floyd situation where, after turning down the EU initial overtures to be ensnared under the dead hand of the European Court of Justice, they're faced with having the their electricity turned off. Read the link I've added and then imagine you are the Prime Minister / president of switzerland and tell us all what you would ??

(scroll down to last paragraph: "What are the arguments".
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 12:00 pm

This whole situation reminds me of my position in the early eighties, Id just bought my first house and due to lack of self employed books covering 3 years I had to take a job in a boatyard where they treated everybody like scum, £2.49/hr iirc! Anyway I took all their shit for about nine months and then handed in my notice when I was asked if I was mental because how was I going to put bread on the table without all the abuse and the shit wages? Guess what I immediately went self employed and was earning about three times as much. Some people can't cope with change some of us thrive on it. I've survived and thrived under a succession of shit governments, recession and natural disasters whoever is in power or what the rules are you just have to get on with it and so we shall.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:04 pm

The eu just keep showing themselves up as the bullies and fascists that they are.
If they take Denmark to court over rest area times all they are doing is playing into those people who want to leave the 4th reich.

Denmark and the UK should just tell them to feck off.
Of course the Danes have an ace up their sleeve they can say if they are taken to court they will say no to everything to do with voting and feck up the eu machine.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 5:57 am

Truly astonishing....

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 10:04 am

It’s all down to the scum across the channel.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:19 am

EU were meant to have built flexibility into the post Brexit agreement but have obviously said FU to that they have no morals or integrity whatsoever. Also if we didn't have the Remain gang trying to stop Brexit then all this could have been agreed way before the elenvth hour.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Utterly utterly devastating, Further words completely superfluous

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Last time I looked NI, and Scotland were part of the UK, and like it or not the UK voted to leave the EU UTTERLY DEVESTATING I know but that democracy so suck it up like you would Jo Maughms knob.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 pm

It's funny how Boris and the government are utterly devastated every single day, I'm not sure Harve understands the word, here to help,

great destruction or damage.
'the floods caused widespread devastation'
synonyms: destruction, ruin, desolation, depredation, waste, havoc, wreckage, ruins, ravages, laying waste, wrecking, ruination, despoliation, ransacking, ravaging, demolition, razing, levelling, flattening, annihilation, rape, shock, trauma, upheaval, distress, stress, strain, pain, anguish, suffering, upset, agony, misery, sorrow, grief, heartache, heartbreak, torture, traumatization
severe and overwhelming shock or grief.
'she spoke of her devastation at his death'
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Here's another one that Harve and the gang struggle with.
Democracy,

"The word democracy itself means rule by the people. A democracy is a system where people can change their rulers in a peaceful manner and the government is given the right to rule because the people say it may."
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 3:19 pm

I would hate to play a football game against harve and his FB cocksuckers because at the end of the game and we had scored the only goal they wouldn't except it and demand a vote. The questions would be They won or they one.

What harve and his FB cocksuckers can't grasp is we voted with a majority to leave and as the losing side they have to except the result. The same with scotland, NI and the nazi eu.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 9:00 pm

More trouble for nazi eu.....

'Poland is locked in a legal battle with the European Union over the legitimacy of judicial and constitutional reforms exerted by its conservative ruling party that could trigger the possibility of Poland’s exit from the EU bloc.

Led by the populist Law and Justice Party (PiS), the Polish government has pushed widespread reforms it says are needed to fight corruption but critics say expand government powers and defy the democratic values upheld by EU law. Poland's abortion rights were overturned with a near-ban introduced in January, despite months of violent street protests, while LGBTQ groups and the freedom of speech of everyday citizens have also come under attack.

But differences between Warsaw and Brussels deepened Wednesday taking a more hostile turn as Poland’s Constitutional Court defied a ruling by the European Union Court of Justice against Poland’s controversial judicial reforms. Poland’s Constitutional Court, the country’s highest court, said the decision was “not in line” with the constitution.

The rift over the legitimacy of EU law first emerged in February 2020 when Poland passed new measures to prevent judges from referring cases to the European Court of Justice. Poland maintains that on domestic affairs to do with its judiciary and courts it is up to Polish authorities and legislation, and not Brussels, to decide.

Wednesday’s ruling was “against interference, usurpation and legal aggression by organs of the European Union”, said Poland Justice Minister Zbigniew Ziobro, who is responsible for the judicial reforms.

The ruling came on the heels of an earlier decision by the EU court to issue an interim order for Poland to put an immediate suspension to the work of Poland’s newly established “disciplinary chamber” -- an offshoot of the Supreme Court set up as part of the government’s vast judicial reforms to discipline judges and prosecutors.

The PiS has been accused of using the disciplinary chamber to either gag judges or go after them for political reasons. One judge is currently facing up to three years prison on a disciplinary charge after incurring the ire of the PiS.

Some EU states, such as Ireland and the Netherlands, have already stopped extraditions to Poland, citing the breakdown of the country’s rule of law. Many legal experts agreed that the decision by Poland’s constitutional court was a deliberate step in undermining the power of EU laws.

In response to the Polish Constitutional Court’s claim that Polish judges are not EU judges, Alberto Alemanno, an EU law professor stated on Twitter, “Yet that’s exactly what happens in the EU legal order to which Poland belongs...”

A Polexit?

Former EU Council chief Donald Tusk saw the constitutional court’s decision as a tentative tilt towards exiting the EU altogether. Tusk said, “It is not Poland but (ruling party leader Jaroslaw) Kaczynski that is leaving the EU together with his party.”

“Only we Poles can effectively oppose that,” said Tusk, Poland's former prime minister who recently made a political comeback.

Poland's independent human rights ombudsman Adam Bodnar told reporters that Poland was “in the process of a legal Polexit which is taking place step by step”.

Poland joined the EU in 2004, but long-held differences have put Warsaw and Brussels on a collision course a result of the PiS surging ahead with an ever-widening conservative reform agenda.

Like Poland, Hungary has steered away from EU liberalism and excoriated other EU members for interfering in its national affairs. Both countries have clamped down on freedoms of speech at universities, driven out left-wing think tanks and NGOs and kept a tight surveillance over the media and the judiciary while ignoring attempts by the EU to rein in their actions.

EU defends values

However, the EU was preparing to fight back. On Thursday it launched legal action against Poland and Hungary for violations of fundamental rights concerning LGBTQ rights. In relation to Poland, the EU Commission has accused Polish authorities of failing to “fully and appropriately respond to its inquiry regarding the nature and impact of the so-called ‘LGBTQ-ideology free zones' resolutions” which were adopted by several Polish regions. The EU procedures against Hungary relate to a June “anti-paedophilia” law that bans or limits LGBTQ content for under 18 year-olds.

FRANCE 24’s Brussels correspondent Dave Keating said that neither country was showing signs it would back down and it was likely the matter would go to the courts, though the EU Commission’s “legal grounds were shaky, especially against Poland”.

“It could be that this will be decided on some technical single-EU market rules rather than on fundamental rights violations,” Keating said of the infringements.

Some legal observers warned that any attempt to fine some member states and not others for non-compliance with decisions made by the European Court of Justice would be illegal and further rupture trust within the bloc. On the other hand, if unchallenged, it might lead to an unravelling of EU law.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 3:13 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mr Orban faced criticism at an EU summit last week over a Hungarian law banning schools from using materials seen as promoting homosexuality, with French President Emmanuel Macron referring to a fundamental "East-West divide". Like Mr Orban, he has also clashed with Brussels over media freedoms.

Prime Minister Orban probably believes that the child's parents are best placed to intraduce them to the birds and the bees. Mr Orban, Hungary's political leader wishes to continue that long and trusted way but once again the dead hand of Brussels wants to interfere with something as trivial and personal as that. As regards homosexuality, one of the best things that has come about in recent years is the Men for men and woman for woman sections in freebie newspapers and magazines which means that many find their ideal partner without the risk of offending people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 7 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 35  Next