Nick
Richard Blight
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:48 am

knecht wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:
I was drinking with non-internet Argyle fans before the game. You know the type, season ticket holders who read the Herald and debate with their mates before/after the game but don't then feel the need to check everything online. They were surprised there was even speculation about Fletcher's future.

Oh come on. You're making that up! What a load of rubbish!

I'm afraid he's not. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am

I think he's done 3 now, and hasn't been doing badly at all. I believe it's 2 wins and a draw so keep it up Mr President.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:35 am

Greenjock wrote:
I think he's done 3 now, and hasn't been doing badly at all. I believe it's 2 wins and a draw so keep it up Mr President.

I think he's improving as a co-commentator, too. A bit more animated and less monotone last night. And definitely better than Messrs. Davey and Errington.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:36 am

Does he only do away matches?

If that's his form, kick him into the box next to Sparksy at HP. Our home form is terrible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Well that was an entertaining evening.

Tring would love AFC Wimbledon. It is a very neat and tidy non league stadium. I hope they get on with building a new ground in Wimbledon soon as their story will stall if they stay in Kingston for much longer. The capacity is only 4,700 and the view is crap. I would not be surprised to see AFC relegated this year as they appear to be a team in freefall at the moment.

It was a good result for us but I don't think we have turned the corner. I think we will continue to grind out results which may be enough to see us avoid the drop. I don't think we are good enough to get a run of wins that would pull us clear from the danger zone. Its going to be brown pants only for the rest of the season.

I think Fletcher will stay till then but hopefully he will be replaced at the end of the year. I do not see him building a team that will get us promoted. We are a million miles away from the shape, organisation and fitness of the teams of Warnock and Sturrock. And of course we would need Brent to open his wallet as well.

MacDonald looks like a good player and we should make an effort to sign him. Luke Young was impressive in the second half. Bhasera would be a good player in a good team but the rest of them are just a load of huff and puff.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Fairly accurate description of what they're like at home too, without the fight!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Excellent result, for a nice change we did things right.
Started game with a bang, thats how we should ahve started at home for gods sake.

That ground should NOT be allowed in the league, no view at all on the terrace if you were under 6 foot tall.

Ball was over the line, typiclal bloke in front berated linesman for not being up with play then when he finally was he sees the ball over the line affraid

We could have and should have won by more, although AFC had a couple for decent chances late on. Berry saved the day after Purse made the ususal balls up.
Even running the clock down , maybe someone has booted someone up the backside.

Great win,

stand by for us to lose the next 3 games as usual Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Im in the middle over Fletcher at the moment. I look at his record, and all i see is improvement.

Flechers Stats as Manager (League Only)

P W D L PTS
26 7 10 9 31

His record since being able to sign players in January

P W D L PTS
10 3 5 2 14

Sorry but all i see is improvment, 17 pts from his first 16 games, 14 pts from his last 10 games.

Not a great record, but Argyle are now competitive, and picking up points. 11 games left, if we continue with the later points ratio, potentially 46-48 pts in the bag, will be tight but i believe it will be enough.

I think he deserves his chance. Who would come in to replace him, Northampton arnt exactly flying and they have had an experianced change of management since end of december, and signed alot of players.

Bradford,Bristol Rovers,Macclesfield,Northampton have all had a change of management, i dont think any of them are safe from the drop.

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:35 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Excellent result, for a nice change we did things right.
Started game with a bang, thats how we should ahve started at home for gods sake.

That ground should NOT be allowed in the league, no view at all on the terrace if you were under 6 foot tall.

Ball was over the line, typiclal bloke in front berated linesman for not being up with play then when he finally was he sees the ball over the line affraid

We could have and should have won by more, although AFC had a couple for decent chances late on. Berry saved the day after Purse made the ususal balls up.
Even running the clock down , maybe someone has booted someone up the backside.

Great win,

stand by for us to lose the next 3 games as usual Crying or Very sad

As usual, seeing weve lost only 2 of our last 10 thats not an accurate quote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:51 pm

125+1 wrote:
Northampton arnt exactly flying and they have had an experianced change of management since end of december, and signed alot of players.

Bradford,Bristol Rovers,Macclesfield,Northampton have all had a change of management, i dont think any of them are safe from the drop.

Northampton are finally picking up points/wins, and they will continue to do so as Aidy Boothroyd is a top gaffer.

Bradford are all but out of it, and Bristol Rovers fans were looking making a late surge towards the playoffs a week or so ago...

Macclesfield are woeful to be nice, but they annoyingly keep coming from behind to snatch draws (Apart from last night) as that was a good thing because it pushed hereford into 22nd!

It will be between us, Macc, Dag+Red and Hereford.

If i was to put money on it... I'd go for Hereford and Dagenham, Somehow i think we'll survive, simply because we have the best squad out of the 4 i named.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Just seen our two goals on Spotlight.

Have to say, they were two of the best goals I've seen us score this season. I would suggest that there has been a lot of practice in 'taking your chances and making them count' or............they luckily went into the net!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Gotta love how people collate figures & present them as some sort of meaningful stat followed by fking it all up by giving misleading details about Northampton Town. If you want to quote the opening of the transfer window as a benchmark, at least have the correct numbers. Inclusive of Jan 2nd Argyle's record is P12 W3 D5 L4 14 points from 12 games. Ignoring the opening 2 defeats in January to boost your argument does you no credit.

Here's some more random meaningless stats. Since the transfer window closed in January, Northampton P5 W3 D1 L1, Argyle P7 W2 D4 L1 Same pointage but Northampton have played 2 less. It looks like the experience of Boothroyd is starting to pay dividends for Northampton.

Whilst I'm delighted with last nights result, there's no getting away from the fact our home record is quite frankly appalling and should be a real concern to the club. We've clearly got the players/squad capable of picking up the points required to get us out of this mess but for whatever reason they're not delivering on a regular enough basis, especially at home. Lack of shape/organisation, defensive tactics, like for like substitutions without changing tactics, late substitutions, useless set-pieces, lack of leadership from the sidelines are all common complaints amongst many Argyle fans. 6000+ Argyle fans deserve better. We're not some sort of college or work-placement for training managers, we're a professional football club or at least we're supposed to be. No doubt last night's victory will ensure our trainee manager will be here until the end of the season, it's still not too late to bring in additional coaching staff to ensure he doesn't fail.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Gotta love how people collate figures & present them as some sort of meaningful stat followed by fking it all up by giving misleading details about Northampton Town. If you want to quote the opening of the transfer window as a benchmark, at least have the correct numbers. Inclusive of Jan 2nd Argyle's record is P12 W3 D5 L4 14 points from 12 games. Ignoring the opening 2 defeats in January to boost your argument does you no credit.

Here's some more random meaningless stats. Since the transfer window closed in January, Northampton P5 W3 D1 L1, Argyle P7 W2 D4 L1 Same pointage but Northampton have played 2 less. It looks like the experience of Boothroyd is starting to pay dividends for Northampton.

Whilst I'm delighted with last nights result, there's no getting away from the fact our home record is quite frankly appalling and should be a real concern to the club. We've clearly got the players/squad capable of picking up the points required to get us out of this mess but for whatever reason they're not delivering on a regular enough basis, especially at home. Lack of shape/organisation, defensive tactics, like for like substitutions without changing tactics, late substitutions, useless set-pieces, lack of leadership from the sidelines are all common complaints amongst many Argyle fans. 6000+ Argyle fans deserve better. We're not some sort of college or work-placement for training managers, we're a professional football club or at least we're supposed to be. No doubt last night's victory will ensure our trainee manager will be here until the end of the season, it's still not too late to bring in additional coaching staff to ensure he doesn't fail.

Words of wisdom like these, tend to fall on deaf ears down these ere parts meansum.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Great post Coxside. We could probably throw up another meaningless stat to discredit the Salsa Verde effect that the bloody flag has had, but that'd be churlish.

We used to be a place teams feared coming to. Now they look at Home Park with over 50% of the direct pitchside area closed off or unavailable to the home support, and they quite fancy their chances.

We simply have no home advantage any more, borne out by our pathetic results.

But hey, we've got a flag.... Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:04 pm

I think that all stats regarding matches already played are pointless. Any team can travel anywhere within their own league and get a result irrespective of previous.

Part of the reason Home Park was historically a place teams feared travelling to was because of how they had to get here in years gone by. Getting up at 6am and setting off on a 5 or 6 hour bus journey and then having to play 90 minutes of a competative football match was never a recipe for success. These days however even in these lowly leagues everyone travels the day before and stays in a smart hotel overnight before playing. It is only the supporters who fear some places now as they don't have that luxury.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:31 am

I remember as a youngster in the 60's, autograph hunting,waiting outside the Duke of Cornwall Hotel for visiting teams to emerge from breakfast .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 am

Tringreen wrote:
I remember as a youngster in the 60's, autograph hunting,waiting outside the Duke of Cornwall Hotel for visiting teams to emerge from breakfast .

Rolling Eyes Another statistic used to prove somebody wrong. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
I probably know you then Tringreen.I was a very keen autograph collector in the early sixties and would regular haunt the Continental,Duke of Cornwall,the Grand Hotel and the Astor to find which hotel the visiting team were staying at.I also used to frequent the railway station as most teams in those days came by train on the friday night.,and picked up a coach outside the station.Some teams even used to fly to Exeter.I dont think the poor home record is due to travelling times,just that we have by comparison to those days a very poor team at present.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:30 pm

oddball wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
I probably know you then Tringreen.I was a very keen autograph collector in the early sixties and would regular haunt the Continental,Duke of Cornwall,the Grand Hotel and the Astor to find which hotel the visiting team were staying at.I also used to frequent the railway station as most teams in those days came by train on the friday night.,and picked up a coach outside the station.Some teams even used to fly to Exeter.I dont think the poor home record is due to travelling times,just that we have by comparison to those days a very poor team at present.

Ha ha ! quite possibly. Didn't do it for long though. Felt a bit of a train spotter.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

Your obviously an idiot i quite clearly said "when Flecher was allowed to sign players", Im pretty certain the Burton game was debut for most of the January signings.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

125+1 wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Your obviously an idiot i quite clearly said "when Flecher was allowed to sign players", Im pretty certain the Burton game was debut for most of the January signings.

Calm down princess Basketball

Fletch was allowed to sign players from Jan 1st, we've since played 12 games. Where on earth did I say anything about the Burton game? my starting point was the home defeat to Torquay on Jan 2nd, as yours should've been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4