Nick
Richard Blight
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Naturally I agree with Cerbs. Fletcher should have been sacked weeks ago and should still be sacked along with his useless 'mentor'. We all know we'll be back in the relegation zone before very long. And even if by some miracle we survive this season, under the non-investing brent and fletcher the clueless next season will only be another miserable fight against relegation.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Quite a night. My man of the match was most definitely Bush
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I know Cerbs but how often have we had the chance to celebrate this season? It's going right to the wire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Hmmm, fletcher should still go, but a wonderful win
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Flat back on your arse on Saturday Jock.

A draw against Rotherham, which under normal circumstances would be a reasonable result, and the other three below us win...............

Fact is Freathy is right. Unless we get rid of clueless and his 'Mentor' we might as well have Pilgrim Pete picking the team and game plan.

I pray we survive this season, but fear next season will be the same. Get relegated and we are looking mid table in the BSP at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Like a few have already said i am not creaming my pants over just 1 win (like some are on Pasoti i see).
I believe that it is too late now for any change in management, but should we escape relegation then Fletcher should be replaced,normal service resumed on Saturday anyone!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 pm

A great and unexpected win and good results tonight, if it wasn't for our relegation scrap record I would even have a little hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Not content with writing off this season I see some have started to write off the next one as well. I haven't any idea how this one is going to pan out yet. When the fat lady has sung or buggered off somewhere else for a change is the time to look at next season if we have one.

There is just no consistency with Argyle. Drop points we should expect to get and pick up others we don't expect. Results wise it isn't as if we are even constently bad either. Not commenting about the prowess of the players just the results. Looks like the rumours about Fletcher are not going to come true now after this one. The more games that go by the less it looks likely anyway. I can't get too excited about tonights result as pleased it went our way as I am. Rotherham is a hard one and probably or rather should not get us anything. What price another unexpected result? The teams round and about Argyle in the league are closing up both below and above. Barnet looked set to get out of the mire at one stage but have crept back in and one or two others are creeping that way. It's going to be a long hard slog till the end of the season that is for absolute sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Not content with writing off this season I see some have started to write off the next one as well. I haven't any idea how this one is going to pan out yet. When the fat lady has sung or buggered off somewhere else for a change is the time to look at next season if we have one.

There is just no consistency with Argyle. Drop points we should expect to get and pick up others we don't expect. Results wise it isn't as if we are even constently bad either. Not commenting about the prowess of the players just the results. Looks like the rumours about Fletcher are not going to come true now after this one. The more games that go by the less it looks likely anyway. I can't get too excited about tonights result as pleased it went our way as I am. Rotherham is a hard one and probably or rather should not get us anything. What price another unexpected result? The teams round and about Argyle in the league are closing up both below and above. Barnet looked set to get out of the mire at one stage but have crept back in and one or two others are creeping that way. It's going to be a long hard slog till the end of the season that is for absolute sure.

What he said......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm

A league 2 derby vs them up the road next year? Yess please!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm

monti wrote:

But we mustn't gloat. DTT, Lord T & Sandy have been hovering around changing their allegiance to Argyle. The wrong steps now would lose their support. Let's just pretend they didn't lose tonight and have slipped into the relegation places.

(Even more important - we aren't safe yet affraid )
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Good win. Awful game of football. AFC woeful. Good win.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

I think staying up is the priority and this is a big 3 points.

I just want us to win 2 or 3 in a row. pale
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:35 pm

I also much liked the Womble at the top of the page.

flower Nick flower
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Just back from what was a good performance. Before anyone says "FFS we should be beating Wimbledon" how many actually predicted it?

I stood behind the dugouts and Fletcher looked to be directing what was going on, with believe it or not, wads of paper files....!!! cyclops

Debate all you like but if we repeat tonights performance for the rest of the season we'll be fine.

Lovely and just about to tuck into a late night glass of Merlot to celebrate.....enjoy everyone cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:29 am

It was a huge win. From looking dead and buried again it's now any two from 6 or 7. Just wish we could stop taking two steps forward and one step back.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 am

monti wrote:

How exciting.Look how far we've come. Parochial mediocrity a speciality. Porkie will be on fire pig jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:53 am

I am going to echo the sentiments of the majority here, fantastic win, other games on the whole going our way, other teams games in hand could still see us back in the cack though. I still don't think that Fletch is the man for us however I can see him remaining at the helm for the rest of the season. We really need another 2 wins back to back now and we might just do it, the trouble is D&R, Northampton and Hereford pull off the odd unlikely win as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 am

I cannot see Fletcher going anywhere for the next 11 games. Based upon the fact that we have the most important 11 games in our history I don't think it is asking too much, if you're a supporter of Plymouth Argyle, to get behind him and the team.

I was drinking with non-internet Argyle fans before the game. You know the type, season ticket holders who read the Herald and debate with their mates before/after the game but don't then feel the need to check everything online. They were surprised there was even speculation about Fletcher's future.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 am

Nick Wall wrote:
I cannot see Fletcher going anywhere for the next 11 games. Based upon the fact that we have the most important 11 games in our history I don't think it is asking too much, if you're a supporter of Plymouth Argyle, to get behind him and the team.

I was drinking with non-internet Argyle fans before the game. You know the type, season ticket holders who read the Herald and debate with their mates before/after the game but don't then feel the need to check everything online. They were surprised there was even speculation about Fletcher's future.

Not very bright then Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:53 am

The most important 11 games in our history with fletcher in charge. We're completely incapable of getting clear of the relegation zone - on the rare occasions we scrape out of it we're straight back in it the following week after another 'performance' from hell. Saturday should see us back in the drop zone.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:08 am

Freathy wrote:
The most important 11 games in our history with fletcher in charge. We're completely incapable of getting clear of the relegation zone - on the rare occasions we scrape out of it we're straight back in it the following week after another 'performance' from hell. Saturday should see us back in the drop zone.

Have faith Sad Act. I mean, the nice gentleman is doing his best with little old Plimuff. There's some tough teams in this division lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:17 am

Nick Wall wrote:

Oh come on. You're making that up! What a load of rubbish!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 am

Was this the Presidents second co-commentary (for Radio Devon) game and second win?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Was this the Presidents second co-commentary (for Radio Devon) game and second win?

No, there's been more than that. I think three at least. And, to be fair, he is doing a pretty good job of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight   The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wimbledon match thread. Started by Richard Blight
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next