Dog Bone Malone
Chemical Ali
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
The criteria was there before the ST’s went on sale, everybody knew, so those that disagreed with it shouldn’t have bought them, Bleddy simple really

This is what the club says,

As outlined at the very beginning of this process, tickets are being allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to those who purchased their season-tickets first.

Yes it's there in black and white but I think that if that was the case for the whole season then the club should have said that.
Many season ticket holders feel pissed off and I think they have a point. It would be just as easy to say that the first tranche of ticket holders wouldn't be able to apply for the second game and so on.

Which is exactly what the club did say. What makes it so difficult for you and others to understand?

I personally think it was crazy for Argyle to have done things the way they have done - I am surprised at the amount of season tickets sold because of it - but nobody who wasn't an idiot was in any doubt at all as to the situation.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:11 pm

Surely a rotation would have been fairer?
Everywhere will be tier one soon just in time for Xmas.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 12:30 am

they clearly stated it before people bought them so its not as if this has been sprung on them. Personally i believe they should have done a rotation system but the club dont have the mental capacity to do anything that requires hard work.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 5:57 am

Whoever gets in I doubt Hallett will be happy. Will cost more to open the ground I suspect than any food and drink sales the club might make.

Whats happened to McGuires shack out of interest ?? Ivor ?? That turned out to be a catastrophic investment in money and time. Still if only they had been warned......
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 6:11 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Whoever gets in I doubt Hallett will be happy. Will cost more to open the ground I suspect than any food and drink sales the club might make.

Sometimes it's not just about the money Harve...  You should drop into a Argyle Zoom room during a match at some point and you can listen to SH's view on the subject.

Whats happened to McGuires shack out of interest ??  Ivor ?? That turned out to be a catastrophic investment in money and time. Still if only they had been warned......

Warned of what?  That a global Pandemic was about to hit?  As it happens the GT's seem to be having regular dining events...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 8:54 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
The criteria was there before the ST’s went on sale, everybody knew, so those that disagreed with it shouldn’t have bought them, Bleddy simple really

As outlined at the very beginning of this process, tickets are being allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to those who purchased their season-tickets first.

Yes it's there in black and white but I think that if that was the case for the whole season then the club should have said that. Many season ticket holders feel pissed off and I think they have a point. It would be just as easy to say that the first tranche of ticket holders wouldn't be able to apply for the second game and so on.

How would the club have known? When these tickets went on sale it was muted by government that stadiums would be opening beginning of October with a proposed 4K capacity, But the spike came and that was blown out the water, the criteria for capacity also changed, listening to the CE tonight when he explained the difficulty and impracticality of rotating 2k crowds I’m not sure if PAFC could have done it any different.
I can’t wait to get back but I knew the risk and so did many other posters who were very doubtful about an October start.
Yep we can all fire a shot from the sidelines as we’re not charged with making it happen and there’ll be many pissed write off about it but that’s the world we’re having to live in at the moment.

I'm not firing any shots from anywhere I am noting that a large section of the fanbase is pissed off and I can see why they are. If even ten per cent of my customer base were pissed off I'd have to change things but then my customers are always right (unlike football fans).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 8:59 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Yes it's there in black and white but I think that if that was the case for the whole season then the club should have said that.
Many season ticket holders feel pissed off and I think they have a point. It would be just as easy to say that the first tranche of ticket holders wouldn't be able to apply for the second game and so on.

Which is exactly what the club did say.  What makes it so difficult for you and others to understand?  

I personally think it was crazy for Argyle to have done things the way they have done - I am surprised at the amount of season tickets sold because of it - but nobody who wasn't an idiot was in any doubt at all as to the situation.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of fans thought that there would be some kind of rotation and I'm very surprised that the club seem unable or unwilling to take a sensible approach to this. There must be thousands of "idiots" in our fanbase they are the ones moaning not me I'm just using a football message board to say that I can see why they are pissed off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Yes it's there in black and white but I think that if that was the case for the whole season then the club should have said that. Many season ticket holders feel pissed off and I think they have a point. It would be just as easy to say that the first tranche of ticket holders wouldn't be able to apply for the second game and so on.

How would the club have known? When these tickets went on sale it was muted by government that stadiums would be opening beginning of October with a proposed 4K capacity, But the spike came and that was blown out the water, the criteria for capacity also changed, listening to the CE tonight when he explained the difficulty and impracticality of rotating 2k crowds I’m not sure if PAFC could have done it any different.
I can’t wait to get back but I knew the risk and so did many other posters who were very doubtful about an October start.
Yep we can all fire a shot from the sidelines as we’re not charged with making it happen and there’ll be many pissed write off about it but that’s the world we’re having to live in at the moment.

I'm not firing any shots from anywhere I am noting that a large section of the fanbase is pissed off and I can see why they are. If even ten per cent of my customer base were pissed off I'd have to change things but then my customers are always right (unlike football fans).

The reference to firing shots from the sidelines was a general reference not just to ATD posters, however it was clear what the criteria was when they went on sale, when we advised the club of our “bubbles” my bubble was with my daughter, she’s got her pass but I haven’t because she decided to wait on a phone line for an hour and I was having the online issue that many others were having, so I’ve just got suck it up and watch it on ifollow.
In the context with what’s happening in our country and around the world being denied entry to HP for a few more weeks/months is a small cross to bear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 1:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Which is exactly what the club did say.  What makes it so difficult for you and others to understand?  

I'm pretty sure that a lot of fans thought that there would be some kind of rotation and I'm very surprised that the club seem unable or unwilling to take a sensible approach to this. There must be thousands of "idiots" in our fanbase they are the ones moaning not me I'm just using a football message board to say that I can see why they are pissed off.

Rotation was never mentioned when the ST’s went on sale, I’m very clear on that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Rotation was never mentioned when the ST’s went on sale, I’m very clear on that.

And nor we're the current restrictions and guidance on how many fans are allowed. I would have thought that the club could easily acknowledge that people are upset and make some really sensible amendments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 3:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

And nor we're the current restrictions and guidance on how many fans are allowed. I would have thought that the club could easily acknowledge that people are upset and make some really sensible amendments.

I get the feeling no matter what system the club proposed it wouldn’t suit some.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Club statement frm August 17th.

With our season-ticket renewal period now closed, the ticketing team at Home Park are embarking upon the unique process of allocating seating for a socially-distanced return to supporters in stadia.

The take-up from season-ticket holders during the renewal phase has been nothing short of incredible, with well over 90% of supporters renewing their status for the Greens’ return to Sky Bet League One, and the club is truly grateful for supporters’ commitment to Argyle in these challenging times.

Our ticketing team has begun the challenging process of allocating seating for the eventual return of supporters to Home Park.

Club officials will comply with recommendations from the Sports Ground Safety Authority, the EFL, and our own Covid Officers, in determining the seating plan for the upcoming season.

While all at Argyle appreciate the significance to each supporter of sitting in their own seat, our priority, at this moment in time, will be to ensure that we can place as many supporters back inside the stadium at the earliest opportunity.

Our chances of doing this are enhanced by groups of ticket-holders who either come from the same household, or identify themselves as part of a ‘social bubble’ with other season-ticket holders). In these cases, we will be able to place season-ticket holders in a group, socially distanced from other supporters.

All 20/21 season-ticket holders have been sent an email over the weekend, which includes a link to a survey to gather more information from supporters that will help us allocate seating in the most efficient manner.

If you are a season-ticket holder for the upcoming season and you have not received your survey, please click here.

Season-ticket holders who do not have access to email, or the internet, will be contacted by alternative means in the coming days.

Thank you for your support.

I don't see fook all about the first come first served basis here, that was only said way after everybody had bought their tickets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 4:54 pm

I’m assuming your not a ST holder as what you’ve posted was the reference to “bubbles” I mentioned in an earlier post, my daughters and my seat was moved in anticipation of HP being opened on October 1st.
Below is the post from Argyle announcing ST’s on sale, have a read and then tell me it’s wasn’t on a first come first served basis!

“Current season-ticket holders can renew for the Pilgrims’ 20/21 Sky Bet League One campaign from 10am on Monday, July 27.

The club would like to thank the Green Army for their patience and support during these unprecedented times. As a token of our gratitude, we have frozen prices for 20/21 renewals, meaning that season-ticket holders at Home Park will pay no extra to watch the Pilgrims compete back in the third tier. In addition, based on supporter feedback, we have reduced the cost of an under-23 season-ticket, in order to make following the Greens more affordable for young adults.

With the finer details on how supporters can attend our League One fixtures still to be ironed out in the coming weeks, we have done our best to deliver a ticketing option which takes supporters’ preferences into account, and prepares for all eventualities.

Due to the likelihood that capacity restrictions will be in place during the season, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend new season-ticket applications, as well as flexi tickets, 1886 memberships, and individual match tickets, until such a time that capacity restrictions are lifted.

The initial loyalty renewal phase will run until Friday, August 14, and priority access to games in a restricted capacity scenario will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis - so season-ticket holders are encouraged to renew at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.

In the event that season-ticket renewals do not meet the initial reduced capacity at Home Park, a limited run of season-tickets will be made available for new season-ticket applications.

The club will, of course, place staff and supporter safety at the highest priority during our preparations, ensuring that we adhere to the guidance laid out in the Sports Grounds Safety Authority’s ‘planning for social distancing at sports grounds’ document.

Should fixtures need to be played behind-closed-doors at any time throughout the season, season-ticket holders will be provided with a pass to stream the fixture live on iFollow Argyle, or via an equivalent streaming service (EFL rules and regulations permitting).

Argyle’s Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Parkinson, said: “Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude towards our supporters for their patience during this challenging period – as ever, the Green Army have been first-class.

“Our staff have worked diligently to ensure that we deliver the best-possible ticketing solution in the circumstances, taking supporter feedback and likely outcomes into account. We understand that this solution will not suit everyone, and we sympathise with supporters who may, in the short-term, have to make do with streaming our games online.”

“We will continue to monitor our approach to ticketing sales as the situation evolves.”
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Clear as mud that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clear as mud that is.

It’s abundantly clear and as you don’t understand that statement it would appear there’s not much point in pursuing this little debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 7:47 pm

ts a shit deal from a pack of twats but it is what it is unfortunately. i just pray the club havent got a bunch of drips in the stadium singing we're trying our best shite i dont ever want to see or hear those days return.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 6:42 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

With our season-ticket renewal period now closed, the ticketing team at Home Park are embarking upon the unique process of allocating seating for a socially-distanced return to supporters in stadia.

The take-up from season-ticket holders during the renewal phase has been nothing short of incredible, with well over 90% of supporters renewing their status for the Greens’ return to Sky Bet League One, and the club is truly grateful for supporters’ commitment to Argyle in these challenging times.

Our ticketing team has begun the challenging process of allocating seating for the eventual return of supporters to Home Park.

Club officials will comply with recommendations from the Sports Ground Safety Authority, the EFL, and our own Covid Officers, in determining the seating plan for the upcoming season.

While all at Argyle appreciate the significance to each supporter of sitting in their own seat, our priority, at this moment in time, will be to ensure that we can place as many supporters back inside the stadium at the earliest opportunity.

Our chances of doing this are enhanced by groups of ticket-holders who either come from the same household, or identify themselves as part of a ‘social bubble’ with other season-ticket holders). In these cases, we will be able to place season-ticket holders in a group, socially distanced from other supporters.

All 20/21 season-ticket holders have been sent an email over the weekend, which includes a link to a survey to gather more information from supporters that will help us allocate seating in the most efficient manner.

If you are a season-ticket holder for the upcoming season and you have not received your survey, please click here.

Season-ticket holders who do not have access to email, or the internet, will be contacted by alternative means in the coming days.

I don't see fook all about the first come first served basis here, that was only said way after everybody had bought their tickets.

As usual...  You are so wrong.

This is obviously from before July 27th, way before anybody bought any tickets.

And notice it says "games", not a "game".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"and those that purchase first will have priority access to games"
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 8:19 am

Just out of interest, are a small number of away fans allowed to attend, or is it just home fans ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 9:57 am

Imo anyone who bought a season ticket needs their head examined, it was blatantly obvious that this season was going to be a complete shambles. You could still have supported the club financially if you so desired buy purchasing all of the home ifollow games. On the other hand I think the club(all clubs tbf) were out of order for selling STs, nothing more than a cash grab perpetuated upon the hard of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 11:20 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

As usual...  You are so wrong.

This is obviously from before July 27th, way before anybody bought any tickets.

And notice it says "games", not a "game".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"and those that purchase first will have priority access to games"

The fact that so many people are confused by it proves it is confusing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 11:22 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Imo anyone who bought a season ticket needs their head examined, it was blatantly obvious that this season was going to be a complete shambles. You could still have supported the club financially if you so desired buy purchasing all of the home ifollow games. On the other hand I think the club(all clubs tbf) were out of order for selling STs, nothing more than a cash grab perpetuated upon the hard of thinking.

Imagine all the fun we could be having sat in the stadium for an hour and a half before the games starts though.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Oddly enough, it seems the Crème de la crème of our support have received their golden ticket. How fortuitous? pig
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Bet my bollocks all real mates got first dibs though pig jocolor ..Noshers & real mates only
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:08 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Just out of interest, are a small number of away fans allowed to attend, or is it just home fans ?

Home fans only.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 1:23 pm

I've not had a season ticket for the last couple of years, though was seriously considering it back in February.

When the apllication time came around though it was pretty obvious that any investment would be a huge gamble, and even those who renew year in year out were taking a big risk with their cash. It's a fair chunk of cash to basically enter a rafffle that was predicated on buying your ticket first.

What was the mantra back then? Limited numbers back in October and full grounds by Christmas.

But it still seems kinda pointless. Just to get those 1800 fans in the ground must be costing the club money, way more than just playing with the doors shut.

Still it's all about the PR. I'll be keeping clear of those crowing about attending on social media too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let fans in on Dec 2nd?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next