HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fu*K the Fans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 am

Fans continue to raise concerns over return of Tony Wrathall as an Argyle director

FANS are continuing to voice their concerns about the reappointment of Tony Wrathall as a director of Plymouth Argyle.

The 56-year-old has bought a five per cent stake of the League Two club from owner and chairman James Brent.

Wrathall was part of the board of directors when the Pilgrims went into administration in February 2011 as debts spiralled out of control.

Now, almost exactly three years later, he has returned to the corridors of power at Home Park.

John Petrie, a founder of the Argyle Fans’ Trust and a former vice-chairman of the group, had strong opinions on the subject.

He said: “This is a slap in the face to all the supporters, staff and players who fought so hard, and sacrificed so much, to save our club from the brink of liquidation.

“This man was partly responsible for our club falling apart. Bringing him back is a disgrace.

“Considering how much time, money and energy the fans put into saving the club from oblivion, it was insulting enough that the Trust were asked for £400,000 for shares with no offer of a seat on the board.

“That one of the men responsible for our demise is now welcomed back into the boardroom is a shocking sign of how little value is apparently seen in the lifeblood of Argyle, the fans.

“The post-admin goodwill has been wastefully squandered and this move will certainly not help bring the fans and board closer together again.

“Argyle supporters will be rightly furious and it is time for the board to listen to them and value them.”

Keith Bulley, chairman of the Plymouth Argyle Supporters’ Club (Plymouth branch), admitted he was surprised by the return of Wrathall as a director.

He said: “I met Tony during the bad times. In fact, he rang me on several occasions and I know he lost a lot of his own personal money.

“But being of the old guard, as it were, I think he should share some of the responsibility of the demise of the club, seeing as he was a director.

“I don’t think he should have come back, and I’m rather surprised to be honest.

“James Brent said some time ago that he would rather have directors with good governance, if my memory serves me right, than buying into the club to come and watch football.”

Bulley added: “It has not been put to PASB (the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Board), or even our good selves.

“I suppose with James Brent being the owner he can do what he likes, but I don’t think it’s a good move.”

Graham Clark was the eloquent chairman of the Argyle Fans’ Trust when the club were forced into administration and continued in that role until June 2011.

He has a specific concern over Wrathall’s reappointment as a director.

Clark said: “Tony Wrathall was jointly, and severally, liable for the decline in the financial status of the club, and its eventual fall into administration.

“My concern is that there still remain payments outstanding to former staff who went many months without pay to safeguard the future of the club, and how they might feel about his return.

“I would feel very much happier if that debt is settled.”

He added: “I find the timing of this move difficult to understand. Is it that the club needs a cash injection for cash-flow reasons?”

Wrathall has been a lifelong supporter of Argyle and has watched games from the Devonport End since the period in administration.

His main focus as a director on the board under Brent will be the club’s youth academy.

Argyle have not commented further since Wrathall’s return was confirmed in a statement on Thursday morning.

In it, Brent said: “I am fully aware that Tony’s reappointment will raise some questions among the fan-base.

“However, it is one that I am comfortable with.”

Wrathall added: “I appreciate that many, many people have suffered very badly as a result of what happened at the club, and I am extremely sorry for that

In other words Fu*k the fans it my club and I want his money
Back to top Go down

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:30 am

LINK.

Though the most interesting article in there today contains a photo of a naked Tom Daley.
Back to top Go down

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:39 am

If like me you added to the pot to save the Club and the staff etc. how does it feel now that it's clear that your donation is being used to assist one of the very people that placed the Club and the staff in the situation of needing charitable donations in the first place?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:43 am

See me, I would be happy that a real fan was prepared to put his hard earned into the club maybe with a view to building up his stake and mounting a takeover if slippery Jim decides to drop the dead donkey.

Let's not forget, "to err is human, to forgive devine".
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
See me, I would be happy that a real fan was prepared to put his hard earned into the club maybe with a view to building up his stake and mounting a takeover if slippery Jim decides to drop the dead donkey.

This is Devine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You probably meant divine. Wanker.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:51 am

Good to see the Herald finally waking up, though.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 am

Tis would be happy if Kim Jong Il joined Uri and Jacko on the board at Sid James
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 am

You are soooo educated Peggy.
Back to top Go down

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:49 am

Peggy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

This is Devine: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You probably meant divine. Wanker.

laugh 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:56 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tis would be happy if Kim Jong Il joined Uri and Jacko on the board at Sid James

Of course, it would probably improve the level of communication and thin the boardroom of some of the deadwood.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Of course, it would probably improve the level of communication and thin the boardroom of some of the deadwood.

Lol

Back to top Go down
Hitch

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Let's not forget, "to err is human, to forgive divine".

I have to say that I agree with this. I really don't have a great deal of truck with Wrathall.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fu*K the Fans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fu*K the Fans    Fu*K the Fans  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fu*K the Fans
Page 1 of 1