Dog Bone Malone
Chemical Ali
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Likelihood is Plymouth like the majority of places will be in Tier 2, at least initially.  So only 2,000 fans. Hardly anywhere will be in Tier 1.

One of the criteria for which tier a region is in is how close the hospitals are to being overrun.

With Trelisk already full, Devon & Cornwall seem  a sure bet for T2

Nearly every region in the South West has declining Covid infection rates now but I think Plymouth is still one of the higher ones. Talking to other Business people around West Devon it was first thought we would go into tier two on Dec 2nd but a lot of people are hopeful it will be tier one if the rates keep falling.
What they must do on Dec 2nd is make sure it's illegal to travel from Teri 3 to tier 1 instead of being advisory like in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Likelihood is Plymouth like the majority of places will be in Tier 2, at least initially.  So only 2,000 fans. Hardly anywhere will be in Tier 1.

One of the criteria for which tier a region is in is how close the hospitals are to being overrun.

Nearly every region in the South West has declining Covid infection rates now but I think Plymouth is still one of the higher ones. Talking to other Business people around West Devon it was first thought we would go into tier two on Dec 2nd but a lot of people are hopeful it will be tier one if the rates keep falling.
What they must do on Dec 2nd is make sure it's illegal to travel from Teri 3 to tier 1 instead of being advisory like in the summer.

Legally, you take your tier with you wherever you go. For instance if Plymouth was Tier 2, and Cornwall Tier 1, it’d be illegal to go over the bridge and have a pint in Saltash, because the Plymouth Tier 2 rules require a ‘substantial meal’ be bought with alcohol.

In reality of course that will be impossible to police. Pubs struggling to survive aren’t going to actively look to turn away custom by giving them a postcode grilling at the door.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Legally, you take your tier with you wherever you go. For instance if Plymouth was Tier 2, and Cornwall Tier 1, it’d be illegal to go over the bridge and have a pint in Saltash, because the Plymouth Tier 2 rules require a ‘substantial meal’ be bought with alcohol.

In reality of course that will be impossible to police. Pubs struggling to survive aren’t going to actively look to turn away custom by giving them a postcode grilling at the door.

Some will some won't we turned away people from booking our place when Liverpool was locked down and I know of plenty others that did as well. The main thing is they need to change the advisory element. I'm sure Plymouth will be tier two which is where Argyle are based.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Sparksy tweeted this, earlier today-

Gordon Sparks
@SparksyOnRadio
·
7h
MP @AnneMarieMorris hinted to me on this morning’s
@BBCDevon
Breakfast Show that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could be placed in tier two when lockdown ends.

I'd imagine Plymouth would be part of this as the whole of Nottinghamshire was placed into tier 3 despite Nottingham being a unitary authority?

Plymouth rates are still falling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Big spike in deaths come late January, people are going to go silly at Christmas.
No new year parties ??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Looks like tier 2 for us
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 11:16 pm

Tier two is like tier three but gives you loads of excuses to pretend its tier one.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 6:27 am

Tier 1 or 2 or 3 hardly matter when for the last 3 weeks nobody has taken the slightest notice of a supposed lockdown in the first place
When you have a deranged clown in charge of the country (see PMQs yesterday....was he just completely paralytic ?) than the proles simply wont take notice of any tiers.

Wonder what the cash burn is for Hallett and when he might say enough's enough. Effective authorised vaccine cant come soon enough
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 8:34 am

More bollocks. I know many people who have abided by the lockdown rules, including myself and I watched Boris and he wasn’t paralytic.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tier 1 or 2 or 3 hardly matter when for the last 3 weeks nobody has taken the slightest notice of a supposed lockdown in the first place
When you have a deranged clown in charge of the country (see PMQs yesterday....was he just completely paralytic ?) than the proles simply wont take notice of any tiers.

Wonder what the cash burn is for Hallett and when he might say enough's enough. Effective authorised vaccine cant come soon enough

Absolute crap from you again, from what you post it’s most likely your the one on the juice, not Boris
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 11:53 am

lol you pair are unreal.....You're the real problem with this country

When Johnson was jumping up and down in outrage live on TV to the point Lindsay Hoyle warned him (twice) he was out of control. He was either blind drunk or on South America's finest you take your pick

I see Cornwall are in T1
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Taken from Plymouth Live-

Reason why Plymouth is in Tier 2
In an update from the UK Government, the secretary of state for health and social care, Mr Matt Hancock outlines the Covid-19 Winter Plan.

He says it puts forward the UK Government's programme for "suppressing the virus, protecting the NHS and the vulnerable, keeping education and the economy going, and providing a route back to normality."

He has explained why Devon has been placed into Tier 2.

On a table outlining the "rationale" for each sub-region's tier allocation, he says: "Devon - High (Tier 2) - Case rates are 121/100,000 overall though there are higher rates in Plymouth, Torbay and Exeter.

"The case rate in the over 60s is 85/100,000 though significantly higher in Exeter (155.9/100,000). Positivity is 4.2%. There is pressure at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital."
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 12:49 pm

CLUB STATEMENT

We note Thursday’s announcement placing the city of Plymouth in tier two in the national COVID tiering system.

The club is delighted with the prospect of 2,000 members of the Green Army returning to Home Park from Saturday, 5 December, for the visit of Ipswich Town in Sky Bet League One – although we are, of course, disappointed that we cannot welcome more of our loyal supporters back into the stands.

Club staff have been working tirelessly to ensure that we are ready to welcome fans back to Home Park at the earliest opportunity, and we are confident that we have implemented the best possible measures for the Green Army’s return to watch Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims in action.

We understand that supporters will be keen to receive more information on their prospective return to Home Park, and how we will assign tickets.

The club awaits further formal guidance from the EFL, as well as other crucial stakeholders, and will provide further information in due course. As outlined when season-tickets were placed on sale in the summer, priority seating will be allocated to our Club Argyle members, followed by season-ticket holders, in order of purchase date and time.

As we understand it, supporters whose registered ticketing address is in a ‘tier three’ area, will not be eligible to attend Home Park under the current rules, but those who are in tiers one and two will be able to do so.

During the initial period, not all of our loyal season-ticket holders will be able to attend. The club will continue to push for the limitations to be reviewed, and the capacity ceiling to be lifted as soon as possible.

Of course, we also understand that some season-ticket holders will be shielding, or feel that they are not comfortable returning to Home Park until later down the line. This is understandable, and we encourage those season-ticket holders to make contact with the Home Park Ticket Office to ensure that their place in the queue is allocated to someone else.

The club will make contact with season-ticket holders early next week to outline which supporters are eligible for the fixture, and the process of attending.

Thank you for your support.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

When Johnson was jumping up and down in outrage live on TV to the point Lindsay Hoyle warned him (twice) he was out of control. He was either blind drunk or on South America's finest you take your pick

I see Cornwall are in T1

The only one blind drunk or on drugs is you or maybe you should be because you are telling nothing but lies either from remainer sites or your own little world.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 4:01 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

I see Cornwall are in T1

No doubt about it, your sniffing something or you’ve mistaken a Covid jab for something else !
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 4:20 pm

2,000 fans for league matches.  It'll be a bit like the 1981/82 season again.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
2,000 fans for league matches.  It'll be a bit like the 1981/82 season again.

lol! They announced the crowd changes to the team back then.Lowest crowd in Argyle's history against Chester after 11 games without a win from the start of the season,won 5-1 and went 11 games without losing-Moncur's first season.Huge swathes of empty terracing-most of the "crowd" were undercover in the Lyndhurst and the Devonport was uncovered,not many punters in there.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Home games in Cornwall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Home games in Cornwall?

nool's dream come true that Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 8:48 pm

i have no idea where i came in the top 2000 in renewing but as ive already said despite it being made clear at the beginning when the the season tickets went on sale what could happen when situations like this arise many are still going to kick off over it.

im happy not going till we can all go ifollow is shit but it will do for me till next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 8:48 pm

i have no idea where i came in the top 2000 in renewing but as ive already said despite it being made clear at the beginning when the the season tickets went on sale what could happen when situations like this arise many are still going to kick off over it.

im happy not going till we can all go ifollow is shit but it will do for me till next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 9:08 pm

The club won’t make anything out of it, maybe all ST holders should decline to go in favour of paying fans which would generate much needed income
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
The club won’t make anything out of it, maybe all ST holders should decline to go in favour of paying fans which would generate much needed income

With season ticket holders being given the first option to  buy a ticket?

That really would be taking the piss...

Nah...  Argyle should just stick to their word.  The first to sign up for season tickets are the first back in.    

Although I find it hard to believe the first two thousand season ticket holders who signed up could get to see every remaining home game, and yet those who signed up later (a mere couple of days or even hours ) in some cases might not see a single match!   That is just crazy.  I  really can't believe that idea passed muster.    Access to the Covid games tickets should be distributed in rotation between the season ticket holders going in order of when they were bought.

Last edited by Rickler on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 9:39 pm

That would be the fairest way.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:

With season ticket holders being given the first option to  buy a ticket?

That really would be taking the piss...

Nah...  Argyle should just stick to their word.  The first to sign up for season tickets are the first back in.    

Although I find it hard to believe the first two thousand season ticket holders who signed up could get to see every remaining home game, and yet those who signed up later (a mere couple of days or even hours ) in some cases might not see a single match!   That is just crazy.  I  really can't believe that idea passed muster.    Access to the Covid games tickets should be distributed in rotation between the season ticket holders going in order of when they were bought.

Not at all, I’m just suggesting that basically all ST holders do not attend at all and watch via ifollow in favour of non ST holders who would be paying new money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let fans in on Dec 2nd?   Let fans in on Dec 2nd? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let fans in on Dec 2nd?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next