Grace Less
Lord Melbury
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Yep geddon.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Great result but an awful game to watch, ruined by the weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Great result but an awful game to watch, ruined by the weather.

true and fair play to wasps for giving it ago after the week they had and missing several players for todays game due to covid.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Great result, well done Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Chiefs squeaking it at the moment, I thought they'd piss it second half.

They are immensely fit and usually wear down their opponents in the second half. However, the Wasp's pact were pretty immovable with Jack Willis very much their star man. Having said that you can understand why Rob Baxter brought the highly mobile Jannes Kirsten into the starting 15 to keep Willis from too many darting runs.

Nice jinking run that brought about a superb try from that fine (did I say that) Plymothian Henry Slade Smile

Just been announced that the brilliant Jonny Hill has been included in Eddie Jones' England squad. also included are Hairy Williams and Henry Slade.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mods can this thread be moved to the 'whogivesafuck' section please.
Is it to much for you hun x Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:

Just been announced that the brilliant Jonny Hill has been included in Eddie Jones' England squad. also included are Hairy Williams and Henry Slade.
But bizarrely neither of the Simmonds brothers. scratch
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:11 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

But bizarrely neither of the Simmonds brothers. scratch

I fear that Joe Simmonds is some distance off the starting 15 with even the likes Quin's Marcus Smith probably getting the nod over him. Still, Joe looks the more robust player which Jones seems to like.

As for brother Sam at No8, I believe Jones prefers a battleship over a battlecruiser in that role.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:40 am

If this thread is a microcosm of the general sporting persuasion of the people of Exeter, ECFC’s long term hopes and ambitions seem doomed when even their football fans are far more interested in rugby.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If this thread is a microcosm of the general sporting persuasion of the people of Exeter, ECFC’s long term   hopes and ambitions seem doomed when  even their football fans are far more interested in rugby.

Not just Exeter folk but many fans bus to Sandy Park from as far as Cornwall. The South West / West Country has always been a rugby hotbed and the Chiefs emergence as a team of some note means that determined fans will make the effort to attend a live match - I've seen and spoken to Gloucester fans who've made the journey for that reason. Sometimes I cannot help but feel that some footy fans be they Plymouth or Exeter, resent the Chiefs simply because they feel they steal some of their club's thunder when in reality there is room for all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
If this thread is a microcosm of the general sporting persuasion of the people of Exeter, ECFC’s long term   hopes and ambitions seem doomed when  even their football fans are far more interested in rugby.

Not just Exeter folk but many fans bus to Sandy Park from as far as Cornwall. The South West / West Country has always been a rugby hotbed and the Chiefs emergence as a team of some note means that determined fans will make the effort to attend a live match -  I've seen and spoken to Gloucester fans who've made the journey for that reason. Sometimes I cannot help but feel that some footy fans be they Plymouth or Exeter, resent the Chiefs simply because they feel they steal some of their club's thunder when in reality there is room for all.  

I'm not sure Exeter Chiefs steal Plymouth Argyles thunder. ECFC on the other hand 100% will be negatively impacted by the cities rugby teams current success. Much the same as it would impact on Argyle should Plymouth Albion ever get to the top level and shine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Not just Exeter folk but many fans bus to Sandy Park from as far as Cornwall. The South West / West Country has always been a rugby hotbed and the Chiefs emergence as a team of some note means that determined fans will make the effort to attend a live match -  I've seen and spoken to Gloucester fans who've made the journey for that reason. Sometimes I cannot help but feel that some footy fans be they Plymouth or Exeter, resent the Chiefs simply because they feel they steal some of their club's thunder when in reality there is room for all.  

I'm not sure Exeter Chiefs steal Plymouth Argyles thunder. ECFC on the other hand 100% will be negatively impacted by the cities rugby teams current success. Much the same as it would impact on Argyle should Plymouth Albion ever get to the top level and shine.

i agree but that's the natural order. more people would go watch top flight football/rugby in their home town if presented over the alternative.

seeing as exeter city have no ambition to ever get out of league 2 can't really blame the greeks for wanting to go sandy park and see a well run rugby club with ambition aim for the top honours the sameway a number of albion fans defected to them over the years.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Georgia giving England a very stern test today, shoe in for the Six Nations foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Exeter chiefs have finally caved into cancel culture and changed their branding today

the logo is at the end and to me it looks like whoever designed it was a big fan of Rylan!!

i give it a year or two before they change it again, bound to offend someone who thinks its a homage to genhis khan plus they are still called chiefs and thats the trigger word for some that wanted the change.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 3:28 pm

feck egg chasing and feck Exeter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 4:15 pm

The new logo looks like Jack Nowell.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Looks like Genghis Khan, FFS. I'm sure someone from the terminally offended fraternity will find offence in whatever logo they use.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:47 pm

The new chief is from the dunomi tribe which used to rule Devon/ Cornwall and Somerset before Romans took over. Does look like Ghengis Khan. Will upset some snowflake no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 6:50 pm

it truly not a good design for a logo if they wanted to have dunomi tribe featured as a way of not changing the brand name chiefs not the club name which is still Exeter rugby they could have come up with something more professional than that!!

Again i dont think they will keep this too long for a variety of reasons one being the fact many are saying its jack nowell/rylan clark/ghengis khan esq and i cant see them selling more merch more so than they would having an native american on it with that badge on it.

Im still waiting for the day snowflakes start to complain about our badge and demand it changed as its offensive to native americans as the mayflower brought the people who started their genocide on it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Ridiculous decision to rebrand.  I doubt any serious person was offended by the Chiefs old branding. Probably all done on the back of a small handful of attention seeking looking to be offended on someone else's behalf types, in this case on behalf of that large Native American community in East Devon.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 3:26 pm

Freathy wrote:
Ridiculous decision to rebrand.  I doubt any serious person was offended by the Chiefs old branding. Probably all done on the back of a small handful of attention seeking looking to be offended on someone else's behalf types, in this case on behalf of that large Native American community in East Devon.

My youngest bhey ex girlfriend had friends at Exeter uni that were big in the rebranding campiagn.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 3:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

My youngest bhey ex girlfriend had friends at Exeter uni that were big in the rebranding campiagn.

Figures it was mainly students and transexuals strangely as a number of them ran the name change group that did kick off over the logo.
Most never even watched nor followed rugby only trends on twitter trying to liken the exeter chiefs logo and treatment of native Americans to the washington redskins which was crazy and ignorant.

still give it a year and they will be back to demand the name changes too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Figures it was mainly students and transexuals strangely as a number of them ran the name change group that did kick off over the logo.
Most never even watched nor followed rugby only trends on twitter trying to liken the exeter chiefs logo and treatment of native Americans to the washington redskins which was crazy and ignorant.

still give it a year and they will be back to demand the name changes too.

She was a fooking snowflake fruit loop he's best shot of her. I was talking Argyle with my bhey and she piped up with "why don't you watch the women's team?" I asked her why she didn't watch the women's team? Just glared at me.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Angry wrote:
I'm still waiting for the day snowflakes start to complain about our badge and demand it changed as its offensive to native Americans as the mayflower brought the people who started their genocide on it.

It'll come. Already there is talk of culture appropriation by Saracens (cheats) RFC who stand on the terraces wearing Tommy Cooper type fez hats. However, even more upsetting must be the club shirt badge worn by players and fans which depicts a star and crescent moon which is glaringly similar to that of Islam. Any visitor of that faith/snowflake to a game must surely notice fans quaffing copious pints of alcoholic (as seen at prem games) beverages to be suitably annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 3:25 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I put rugby on a par with "women's football" and American 'sport'

Did the ladies give you a hard time Les?

Talking of American sport: Here's a quote from Joe Theismann the famous retired quarterback....

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/joe_theismann_313822
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next