Grace Less
Lord Melbury
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 6:58 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63520511

doesnt look good for the chiefs :O i imagine the rebrand forced upon them by the idiots who still dont go to games cost a pretty penny and hasnt helped with the debts. I dont see them doing a wasps or worchester however key players i cant see getting renewed in the summer as they cant afford them which was the case anyways with some. A stark reminder that Rugby union needs to live within its means more and curb the spiraling costs before the game implodes.  

If i where to guess i would say they will sell the hotel but would they get the £28m for it i dont think so.

The possible sale of some or all of the club's shares in the hotel has been on most people's lips but we will just have to bide our time until they open up on it.

Here's the club's statement.....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/club-statement-november-22

its handy that they have assets to sell in order to balance the books. hopefully they wont have to do this again.

Slippery slope if you ask me. On the other hand maybe they should just stick to playing Rugby anyway. It's funny really that all the Rugby clubs wanted to be like the football clubs ànd lo and behold now they are and all going to the dogs.

Nooo!! Before Covid-19 upset the applecart the Chiefs were rubbing along nicely while banking the profits. Covid reduced them to playing in empty stadiums both home and away. Also, travelling to 'away' matches proved costly as 2 coaches are required, plus (One of the drivers told me this) even when playing nearby clubs such as Bristol, Barf or Gloucester, they always journey up the day before the match is played - the hotel bill for players and officials over the months must have been astronomical.

3 more players sign on....

https://www.ruck.co.uk/done-exeter-chiefs-complete-the-signing-of-wasps-trio/

Fisilau now thats a name ive not heard in a longtime!!! his dad was a talisman back in the days Albion where a serious rugby club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 4:08 pm

Italy's Ange Capuozzo has to be a target for the chiefs to replace nowell with Wink the boy can run tore the Wallabies apart with one of his tries today.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 6:33 pm

New kid on the block who's caught the eye of the Welsh selectors

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/teenage-welsh-colossus-named-captain-25494661

Giant and colossus - whatever next.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 11:43 am

Chiefs are losing several key players for next season its going to be a strange period for them.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 12:45 pm

Eddie Jones just been sacked.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2022 5:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Eddie Jones just been sacked.

im happy about that. Sure he was good for the majority of the time i wont say otherwise but the last few years we have been onthe decline and in truth he should have gone after the 2021 review after England had an abysmal 6 nations. I would even say he should have stepped down after he practically gave south africa the world cup by changing how we play to suit them never forgave him for that.

Lots of names in the running Shaun Edwards, Steve Borthwick and Scott Robertson being the front runners and i would love either of those 3 tbh. Probably more so Robertson if the RFU show some balls and ambition to go get him.
At least though acting now like the RFU has the new head coach has at least the 6 nations and a few games in the summer to get to grips with squad and gets his ideas across ready for the world cup later next year, not ideal prep but is suffice enough at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5