Elias
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:17 am

Chaps it might be fair to point out that we moved up to 6th in the league and are the 2nd highest goalscorers. 4 points out of 6 pre season we'd have said yep take that

Keeper situation somewhat concerning. From Radio Devon Gritton who is a great summariser said the difference when Canavan came on was a joy to see.
Lowe am sure is aware of Copper position. I agree with Ears who said this is not under 11s get Mccormick fit and in the team
Little doubt that Lowe will persist with Cooper for now though
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 6:38 am

Just watched on youtube.....4 cracking goals for Argyle and 4 shockers from defence/keeper for Wimbledons goals
Where the hell was Cooper standing for the 3rd goal with the free kick good that the strike itself was
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 11:27 am

Cooper was not responsible for any of those goals and was standing in exactly the right position for the free kick,which was an unstoppable rocket into the top corner.Absolute worldie from Grant and some other classy finishes from both teams as well,bit of a shocker from Aimson but can't complain about the entertainment value overall.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Our first 2 goals were fantastic, not a bad point.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
RL post match comments include:

It's not like we are being over run

You get punished for mistakes

It's a learning curve

We scored 4 goals

Can someone please give the guy some coaching in how to talk to the media?

Really?

Okay, So what should he have said?  Give us some of your pearls of wisdom...

Conceding 4 goals is not acceptable, we need to improve our defending, both individually and as a team. We will be working on this next week.

It's good to score 4 but wasted by our poor defending.

We need to look at how we play when we lose possession.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Cooper was not responsible for any of those goals and was standing in exactly the right position for the free kick,which was an unstoppable rocket into the top corner.Absolute worldie from Grant and some other classy finishes from both teams as well,bit of a shocker from Aimson but can't complain about the entertainment value overall.

One can only assume you were not watching either live or via highlights......

He was floundering on the floor for the first two and was completely in the wrong position for the free kick albeit would probably have gone in anyway.

He cant play like that each week.... period.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
RL post match comments include:

It's not like we are being over run

You get punished for mistakes

It's a learning curve

We scored 4 goals

Can someone please give the guy some coaching in how to talk to the media?

Really?

Okay, So what should he have said?  Give us some of your pearls of wisdom...

Conceding 4 goals is not acceptable, we need to improve our defending, both individually and as a team. We will be working on this next week.

It's good to score 4 but wasted by our poor defending.

We need to look at how we play when we lose possession.

You actually have the balls to criticise and then come up with that crap?

Lol.  You couldn't think of anything more trite and hackneyed?   What next from you?  "Over the moon" and "the players have got to take responsibility?"
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:47 am

"A game of two halves" is a good one. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

He was floundering on the floor for the first two and was completely in the wrong position for the free kick albeit would probably have gone in anyway.

So where would you have positioned yourself for the free kick? The wall was set up to protect the right hand half of the goal [as viewed by Cooper].Would you suggest that Cooper should have been positioned directly behind the wall,leaving a free route into the left hand side of the goal? Certainly not a method adopted by many goalkeepers of any standard.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 10:36 am

Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

So where would you have positioned yourself for the free kick? The wall was set up to protect the right hand half of the goal [as viewed by Cooper].Would you suggest that Cooper should have been positioned directly behind the wall,leaving a free route into the left hand side of the goal? Certainly not a method adopted by many goalkeepers of any standard.

An attempted serve that got nowhere. If you'd actually read instead of dived in you'll have noticed I said it would likely have gone in anyway. His positioning was still shight
What about the other two where he was floundering around on the grass  ??

I will be the first to say I was wrong after I said post Blackpool we've got our new keeper for sure.
Since then others have said good shot stopper but poor overhead handling. In addition we've got a keeper that cant command his box

I'll repeat what Ears said this aint under 11's. Get Luke fit and in the team soonest. Lets not forget Swindon didnt release him they offered him a new contract up there.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

An attempted serve that got nowhere. If you'd actually read instead of dived in you'll have noticed I said it would likely have gone in anyway. His positioning was still shight
What about the other two where he was floundering around on the grass  ??

I will be the first to say I was wrong after I said post Blackpool we've got our new keeper for sure.
Since then others have said good shot stopper but poor overhead handling. In addition we've got a keeper that cant command his box

I'll repeat what Ears said this aint under 11's. Get Luke fit and in the team soonest. Lets not forget Swindon didnt release him they offered him a new contract up there.

What are you talking about,"a serve that got nowhere"? If you read my original post then i also stated that the shot was unstoppable so that bit is agreed. Right,you say his positioning was "shight".How?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 pm

His positioning was wrong for the FK, he showed too much of his right side, if he had more stature then he might have had a chance but he hasn’t.

Look he wasn’t to blame for the crap defending but that crap defending was there last season but we had a big agile keeper behind them and that’s why we had one of the best defensive records last season.
Lowe and Wilmot rate him, so let’s hope they can iron out his ricks and prove many of us wrong, if they do I’ll be delighted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:06 pm

Graiser wrote:
His positioning was wrong for the FK, he showed too much of his right side, if he had more stature then he might have had a chance but he hasn’t.

Look he wasn’t to blame for the crap defending but that crap defending was there last season but we had a big agile keeper behind them and that’s why we had one of the best defensive records last season.
Lowe and Wilmot rate him, so let’s hope they can iron out his ricks and prove many of us wrong, if they do I’ll be delighted.

the defence needs to protect him better i don't want to see mike suffer like macey did when they give up running after attackers leaving him exposed badly. I feel an addition in defence who has the pace and presence to not only give mike the cover he needs but helps the other two guys alongside him is needed as we simply dont have that there now.

Sawyer is too slow to come in and sort it out.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:20 am

Lowe's philosophy clearly is we let goals in but then we go and score some.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:36 am

Bit like Kevin Keegan at Newcastle.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 am

akagreengull wrote:

dangerous philosophy to have.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 pm

We need someone to just sit in front of the defence. Just sit and hold. The centre halves need to play a one two with the holding mid and carry the ball forward thus opening up space. It's not rocket science.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

dangerous philosophy to have.
It may prove to be, but then as a fan, I am prepared to trust a guy who has achieved two automatic promotions with different clubs in successive years - we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 10:56 am

Cornish Rebel wrote:
We need someone to just sit in front of the defence. Just sit and hold. The centre halves need to play a one two with the holding mid and carry the ball forward thus opening up space. It's not rocket science.

Not sure about that CR I think the squad should watch the Blackpool match before every training session. As the game went on Blackpool showed us how to play and dinked the ball around very neatly meaning we had no possession. When we did manage to get the ball we needlessly gave it away with wayward passes which was especially noticeable at the back. By the end of the game we had reverted to parking the bus and employing pure Lge 1 hoof and hope tactics. How we got away with it I don't know what I do know is we won't get away with that regularly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon match thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4