Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Wimbledon match thread

Go down 
+18
POI
seadog
PlymptonPilgrim
PatDunne
Rickler
sufferedsince 68
akagreengull
Augustus J Honeybun
RegGreen
Grovehill
Freathy
Czarcasm
harvetheslayer
Elias
Earwegoagain
Graiser
Les Miserable
Angry
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6060
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 5:26 pm

A real relegation match between two bottom four clubs.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2020-03-25

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5838
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 5:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
This Saturdays game could be the last for a while
Hearing dire figures of new infections. There can be no delay this time. We can be grateful or Hallett can that we got extensive season ticket sales in

feck off with the politics on every thread.

you got your thread witht he daily bollocks you post use that

Do you fancy rephrasing those two sentences then.......no dont bother that will have gone right over your head

6000 new cases being reported but seems some doubt on origin.  As I say its fortunate that Hallett had the opportunity to coin in the season ticket sales in the interim.

Ohhh I see you want to have a pop. Take it to PM if you do Angry if you cant control yourself


Football will continue whether first team players have covid19 or not.........
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now

Not necessarily nothing stopping us getting a loan in in fact I think we need to. Cooper leaking goals every week will shoot his confidence to feck although the shite defence is deffo fifty percent of the problem. As always the Hallett hating neg heads had actually pointed out with great accuracy where our weaknesses were in pre season.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1615
Join date : 2012-01-24

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 pm

Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

First time Aimson has played three games in a week for nearly 18 months!

Who'd have thought that defenders who got us relegated from this Division 2 seasons ago, would not be up to it this time?

Cooper needs to be taken out of the firing line asap, or his confidence will be destroyed. One of the other keepers need to set up, or there was no point in signing them. The same can be said about the rest of the squad as well.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15284
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now

which is why i want the club to come out and say the extent of mccormicks injury as it looks like we are going to need him and his experience this season. Ruddy im not too sure about as i haven't seen much off him to know if he could step up.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6060
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 6:22 pm

How much is super super Luke costing the club ffs! the worst signing by any club in any league this summer. Bite the bullet ffs and sign a quality keeper before its to late.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now

Not necessarily nothing stopping us getting a loan in in fact I think we need to. Cooper leaking goals every week will shoot his confidence to feck although the shite defence is deffo fifty percent of the problem. As always the Hallett hating neg heads had actually pointed out with great accuracy where our weaknesses were in pre season.

Yeah, because nothing boosts your confidence like being axed after three games and having a loan replace you. ..and quite what Hallett has to do with which new players are brought in is beyond me. Lowe has his budget and uses it as he sees fit.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15284
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now

Not necessarily nothing stopping us getting a loan in in fact I think we need to. Cooper leaking goals every week will shoot his confidence to feck although the shite defence is deffo fifty percent of the problem. As always the Hallett hating neg heads had actually pointed out with great accuracy where our weaknesses were in pre season.

Yeah, because nothing boosts your confidence like being axed after three games and having  a loan replace you.  ..and quite what Hallett has to do with which new players are brought in is beyond me.  Lowe has his budget and uses it as he sees fit.

on the cooper front at least you could do more damage not taking him out of a situation he isnt ready for than you could keeping him in there. ryan got to be mindful of this but our biggest problem is the defence and that i would address first before i would cooper.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:26 pm

Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now

Not necessarily nothing stopping us getting a loan in in fact I think we need to. Cooper leaking goals every week will shoot his confidence to feck although the shite defence is deffo fifty percent of the problem. As always the Hallett hating neg heads had actually pointed out with great accuracy where our weaknesses were in pre season.

Yeah, because nothing boosts your confidence like being axed after three games and having  a loan replace you.  ..and quite what Hallett has to do with which new players are brought in is beyond me.  Lowe has his budget and uses it as he sees fit.

on the cooper front at least you could do more damage not taking him out of a situation he isnt ready for than you could keeping him in there. ryan got to be mindful of this but our biggest problem is the defence and that i would address first before i would cooper.

More damage to the team, maybe?   But to replace Cooper now would be devastating for him personally - it is the ultimate criticism!


Last edited by Rickler on Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2609
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 60

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:27 pm

I am sure we will do well, it's only the third division after all.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Not good for my ticker today and we nearly nicked it, Wootton not at it, M Cooper is not the messiah and how can Aimson be MOTM one week and piss poor the next, anyway it’s a point

most keepers dont hit their prime till mid to late 20's so mike cooper is years away from being there and after today he isnt ready to be in this position he should have been loaned out to a team like torwuay for a season where he can get regular game time and still learn the trade without being fed to lions then evaluate him after that spell.

Well we’re stuck with him now

Not necessarily nothing stopping us getting a loan in in fact I think we need to. Cooper leaking goals every week will shoot his confidence to feck although the shite defence is deffo fifty percent of the problem. As always the Hallett hating neg heads had actually pointed out with great accuracy where our weaknesses were in pre season.

Yeah, because nothing boosts your confidence like being axed after three games and having  a loan replace you.  ..and quite what Hallett has to do with which new players are brought in is beyond me.  Lowe has his budget and uses it as he sees fit.

on the cooper front at least you could do more damage not taking him out of a situation he isnt ready for than you could keeping him in there. ryan got to be mindful of this but our biggest problem is the defence and that i would address first before i would cooper.

More damage to the team, maybe?   But to replace Cooper now would be devastating for him personally - it is the ultimate criticism!

Conceding nine goals in three games is horrendous I can't see why he wouldn't be sidelined and if Luke was fit he could well be a shoe in for the next game and Cooper would have to suck it up like any other pro player who hasn't performed has to. This is professional football not under 11's.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Posts : 2094
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 8:25 pm

How many of those goals conceded have been down to Cooper? I would suggest absolutely none. He can't be blamed for goals going in that have been the result of individual errors by defenders - Aimson today, and Wootton on Tuesday. At Orient he was left one on one for two of the goals. Don't forget he made a number of top saves against Blackpool to help keep a clean sheet.

Give the kid a break, he's a good keeper now, he'll be a top one in the future.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12597
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Tis early doors in the season too FFS! Eight goals, quite a spectacle.



_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6622
Join date : 2014-03-30

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Was very tempted to change my prediction to a draw but I'm steeling myself to remain confident. I see that Radio Devon on free view (the only comms I can access here) is playing to the minority and have got the city game on again fookin wankers. They used to have us or them taking turns more or less I'm shore there's been a fallout.

It's been city every week for at least a year, something has happened contractually or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 1615
Join date : 2012-01-24

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:05 pm

RL post match comments include:

It's not like we are being over run

You get punished for mistakes

It's a learning curve

We scored 4 goals



Can someone please give the guy some coaching in how to talk to the media?
Back to top Go down
POI

POI

Posts : 587
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Grovehill wrote:
RL post match comments include:

It's not like we are being over run

You get punished for mistakes

It's a learning curve

We scored 4 goals



Can someone please give the guy some coaching in how to talk to the media?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
RL post match comments include:

It's not like we are being over run

You get punished for mistakes

It's a learning curve

We scored 4 goals



Can someone please give the guy some coaching in how to talk to the media?

Really?

Okay, So what should he have said? Give us some of your pearls of wisdom...
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12597
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 pm

It was a game of two halves, the final third, at the end of the day.

_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Posts : 314
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Deeefence! DEEEEEFENCE!!

we're gonna get a proper spanking soon if it doesn't get sorted
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2020-03-25

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:00 pm

Grovehill wrote:
RL post match comments include:

It's not like we are being over run

You get punished for mistakes

It's a learning curve

We scored 4 goals



Can someone please give the guy some coaching in how to talk to the media?

Very clear and concise comments, not sure what your beef is
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15284
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:08 pm

Mook wrote:
Deeefence! DEEEEEFENCE!!

we're gonna get a proper spanking soon if it doesn't get sorted

absolutely bang on.

watching ryan's post match interview something tells me he isnt going to anytime soon and we are going to keep cavalier football where we go all out attack and plan to out score the other team by not tightening at the back.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 13798
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Just watched the highlights on quest. Grant's goal was superb!

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12597
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm

A wee cracker.

_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6882
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 12:08 am

ffs calm down, calm down Argo came back from 4 -2 down to draw!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Wimbledon match thread
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: