Elias
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Pompey crisis deepens Empty
PostSubject: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Reports on Skysports with the Administrator saying they are highly unlikely to receive any more parachute payments. This, he said, will seriously put in doubt their ability to fulfil their fixtures this season.

Now, I may be biased because I hate Portsmouth with a passion - I see them as our true rivals - but if they were to go to the wall, would that mean that only one team would drop out of the football league? Anyone know?

If Argyle escaped relegation as a direct result of Portsmouth going out of business, for me, that'd be like birthday, christmas, and pancake day all rolled in to one. Basketball

Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:55 pm

think administrator is trying to get previous owner to waive the parachute payment to them instead giving it to the club.

If they do go bust before end of season then one team would go out of the league - wont do us any favours as we're gonna finish bottom. Sad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
think administrator is trying to get previous owner to waive the parachute payment to them instead giving it to the club.

If they do go bust before end of season then one team would go out of the league - wont do us any favours as we're gonna finish bottom. Sad

Dunno if I've come over all 'Chris Webb', but the eternal optimist in me see's us with a fighting chance of finishing 91st. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 pm

The point is moot.

We will finish out of the relegation zone. No matter what Freathy says!!

I predict the foot of the table:

Plymouth
Macclesfield
Hereford
Northampton
Daggers
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Not a fan of pompey, but perhaps a club of this size going bust will eventually lead to the reform and structure the league needs. Wage caps brought in to every league, clubs being run within thier means. It needs to happen, but will only happen if a club like pompey went bust.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Cerbera wrote:
The point is moot.

Plymouth
Macclesfield
Hereford
Northampton
Daggers

Our 'team' and 'manager' are utter shit and nowhere near good enough for the footbal league. Relegation is a certainty unless two teams above us go out of business meaning there is no relegation from the football league this season.

As for Pompey, they will be saved. And they'll more than likely stay in the Championship. They're not Argyle so won't be completely f****d over by 'hard working gentlemen' in suits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 pm

I used to hate Pompey with a passion in the late 80,s early 90,s, im impartial to them these days if im quite honest. I see them as a proper football club with an old tradition and would be sad seeing them go to the wall.I guess a few Argyle fans still have bad memories of when we played them in the early 80,s when they basically trashed HP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I would not like to see any club, and I mean any, go to the wall whether it saved Argyle or not. As I don't think we will finish in the bottom two this season the point is mute as far as I'm concerned. People always seem to be the same when clubs get into trouble. "They will be saved they always are". Well one of these days that isn't going to happen and the HMRC is not going to give up on this until they have a scalp.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
- I see them as our true rivals -

Well that gave me a good laugh and no mistake.

We are talking football here not the Demport Services field gun crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

The battle of the Ports was always much bigger than anything against your lot Lord Tisdale for those old enough to remember. Your lot were never much in a league close to us but Pompey traditionally were. Not quite as fearce as the Field Gun but the grounds were half full of Matelots who were either Devonport or Pompey which made it a battle.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:04 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
The battle of the Ports was always much bigger than anything against your lot Lord Tisdale for those old enough to remember. Your lot were never much in a league close to us but Pompey traditionally were. Not quite as fearce as the Field Gun but the grounds were half full of Matelots who were either Devonport or Pompey which made it a battle.

Yep, and back in the day we had a big game with Sunderland but in the reality of the here and now we are all you have got, and we are just an aspiration for you so talk of the "battle of the ports" has as much relevance nowadays as the Battle of Hastings does to our boys in Afghanistan.

You have got to learn to set your sights a little lower, like maybe Forest Green as mentioned before.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:52 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Yep, and back in the day we had a big game with Sunderland but in the reality of the here and now we are all you have got, and we are just an aspiration for you so talk of the "battle of the ports" has as much relevance nowadays as the Battle of Hastings does to our boys in Afghanistan.

You have got to learn to set your sights a little lower, like maybe Forest Green as mentioned before.

Whilst I despair at the way our club has missed opportunities for decades, I have faith that normal service will eventually be resumed and that one day we will go all the way.

It could be some time off though.

Be careful not to take the pi$$ too much, we all remember how much of an ass Porkie made of himself on Exeweb with his boasting.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Reports on Skysports with the Administrator saying they are highly unlikely to receive any more parachute payments. This, he said, will seriously put in doubt their ability to fulfil their fixtures this season.

Now, I may be biased because I hate Portsmouth with a passion - I see them as our true rivals - but if they were to go to the wall, would that mean that only one team would drop out of the football league? Anyone know?

If Argyle escaped relegation as a direct result of Portsmouth going out of business, for me, that'd be like birthday, christmas, and pancake day all rolled in to one. Basketball

<snigger>

Portsmouth have only 1 rival, it sure as hell ain't your pile of shite from Cornwall, not on or off the football pitch, ha, ha, ha, still deluded I see, wake up and smell that coffee Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Be careful not to take the pi$$ too much, we all remember how much of an ass Porkie made of himself on Exeweb with his boasting.

Thing is Tring Porky was always bigging himself up, we're just here keeping it real, we know our place in the great scheme of things, he thought he had bought into a thousand year Reich rather than a thirty minute rip off.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Thing is Tring Porky was always bigging himself up, we're just here keeping it real, we know our place in the great scheme of things, he thought he had bought into a thousand year Reich rather than a thirty minute rip off.

I did try to warn him. Rolling Eyes

You do not agree but we were very close IF the outclassed board had not got greedy.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Tringreen wrote:
You do not agree but we were very close IF the outclassed board had not got greedy.

I think all that sun has got to you mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Freathy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
The point is moot.

Plymouth
Macclesfield
Hereford
Northampton
Daggers

Our 'team' and 'manager' are utter shit and nowhere near good enough for the footbal league. Relegation is a certainty unless two teams above us go out of business meaning there is no relegation from the football league this season.

As for Pompey, they will be saved. And they'll more than likely stay in the Championship. They're not Argyle so won't be completely f****d over by 'hard working gentlemen' in suits.

Thank buggery for that, I thought I was going mad. A Freathy post I can file away on a normal Freathy setting....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 am

It's all going to be all right because the bloke that saved Argyle single handedly is going to a Pompey game. pig
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:23 pm

The worry for Argyle fans is that Pompey came out of Administration with so much future income committed to paying previous creditors.

Am I the only one fearing that should Argyle struggle to pay off rolled over debt out of future income, the Club will be in Administration again in the not too distant future.

We have an owner who has driven some very hard "bargains" with staff and football creditors (when you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow) and has no emotional attachment to the club or football in general. I can envisage a situation where rather than subsidise the club for a couple of years, he'd pull the plug and walk away. No doubt saying that "he tried his best" "situation was just too bad when he took over" etc. etc. while he pockets the property profits.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Pompey have only themselves to blame for the mess they're in. When in the Premier League they were shelling out £50k per week on players while getting less than 20k through the turnstiles. The only thing that kept them going was the TV money (Like a lot of clubs there) They won the cup, had a trip into Europe and a good manager but lets be honest, they were never gonna last long like that. Of course their fans then demanded success season on season, big players = big money

Then their out goings way out ranked their income and like most football club they buried their heads in the sand and try to spend what they didn't have, The shit hit the fan, went into Admin relegated from the PL and less than a couple of years later back in Admin because they still cant pay their way and keep paying off the creditors from the last debacle. Questions again about the FL "Fit and Proper" for new owners test comes into question, which is about as useless as a chocolate teapot.

I dont really feel sorry for the fans, they demanded all the success but that success can not be sustained at what is a relativity small club, The 2nd tier is their limit. Unless you're a big club, going up to the PL and trying to spend your way in staying there is very bad for your health.

Its about time football realised that it cant keep spending like this, Maybe it needs a few (Biggish) clubs going to the wall for them to wake up
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Football in the current climate is pants, it has been for a long time. Why we fans continue to put up with it is beyond me to be honest. If you dont have aims of getting into the top flight it all seems rather pointless. If you make it to the top flight your weekends are forever disrupted thanks to TV rights.

I think the best thing that could happen right now is Pompey get liquidated, quickly followed by a number of other clubs (Port Vale, Coventry, Brum to name a few). Fans Trusts, Supporters Groups etc around the country get together and start forming new breakaway clubs and either all join the bottom of the pyramid together or breakaway totally and start our own league. Watching FC Argyle playing FC Pompey at Brickfields sounds far more appealing to me than paying off Brent's debt.

What do others think?. Maybe I've lost the plot scratch
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 am

Although the circumstances and breakdown of the debt is markedly difference, if there is one obvious thing we can learn from Pompey it is that they have had several owners take over and be heralded as saviours only to turn out to be utter damp squibs.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Football in the current climate is pants, it has been for a long time. Why we fans continue to put up with it is beyond me to be honest. If you dont have aims of getting into the top flight it all seems rather pointless. If you make it to the top flight your weekends are forever disrupted thanks to TV rights.

I think the best thing that could happen right now is Pompey get liquidated, quickly followed by a number of other clubs (Port Vale, Coventry, Brum to name a few). Fans Trusts, Supporters Groups etc around the country get together and start forming new breakaway clubs and either all join the bottom of the pyramid together or breakaway totally and start our own league. Watching FC Argyle playing FC Pompey at Brickfields sounds far more appealing to me than paying off Brent's debt.

What do others think?. Maybe I've lost the plot scratch

I believe that you echo what many thinking people harbour, deep in their soul.

You have to be a brain dead Aviva if you don't want Argyle to reach the highest level. The city and region could support top flight football just as well as several current Prem clubs.

The other dilemma is the sick state of football and money in general but if your club has the potential to reach for the stars and you are happy struggling along at whatever level, you are truly an Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 am

I'm equivocal about Argyle reaching the premiership. Does that make me someone with only half a brain?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:31 am

knecht wrote:
I'm equivocal about Argyle reaching the premiership. Does that make me someone with only half a brain?

Just using that word, makes you an educated w@nker in the eyes of a true Aviva. So draw your own conclusions.

I remain unequivocal in my belief that failure to strive to reach the highest possible level, leaves me personally, totally cold and uninspired .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey crisis deepens   Pompey crisis deepens Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey crisis deepens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next