+3
Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
akagreengull
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill Empty
PostSubject: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:28 pm

looking for that dua lipa video with the 80's track that i keep hearing down the gym and this popped up. Not seen it on here before so i thought just for grovehill i would post it here seems to have been film at the start of the season.  i didnt find that dua lipa video so i hope my sacrifice is appreciated

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 8:09 am

I like Lowe.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 10:36 am

I do really like the enthusiasm and the sense of togetherness he always tries to incubate. I just wish his mouth wouldn’t run away with him sometimes, because it has made him look very silly on a few occasions.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:14 am

He is, a scouser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 1:00 pm

its nice to see the players who were here last season actually looking happy to play under a manager who encourages them.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 1:53 pm

I've never really listened to the managers assessments of games I don't know what people expect? Any manager has to say a three minute or so piece for the media after every game it's part of his job. Most of it is treading a careful tightrope hoping not to upset the fanbase, the players and his employer. It is just that a bit of mejia speak.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Don't know about a Dua Lipa video but that reminded me of Shania Twain-"That don't impress me much!"

Just a typical PR video with people saying the right things, Gary Sawyer's hardly likely to say "Well, I've played for some managers in my time, and this guy ain't a patch on Pulis or Holloway"

RL only said what you would expect-"massive club" "well run" "potential" just what any new manager says whether it's Dawlish Town or Manchester City.

His team talk was hardly what I'd call inspirational either, and I didn't see any great tactical insight either-no wonder he has to "joke" about players being on their phones while he's talking.

Just a bit confused as he seems to think he stepped down from League 1 to join PAFC.

And under a minute in before he mentions Liverpool

I've got nothing against the guy, I just don't buy into all the hype.

Having managed at this level (and signed a few who have done OK in this league,) it's no surprise that the team is in the mix for promotion, but, should they go up, I think a complete rebuild will be needed because that's just what the team is -OK at this level, but sure to struggle any higher up-as evidenced by the lack of higher league clubs chasing the player RL has signed.

Hope he gets us up this season, but so much about him points to him not being here in twelve months time, and tbh, it won't be a great loss when he moves on.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 9:59 pm

If he gets us up and then consequently gets us to within even a sniff of a play off place after first sign of interest he will be back up the line as quick as a rat up a drainpipe.

Have to agree with grove over this.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 11:05 pm

Hallett has shown intent in getting hot property Ryan Lowe in and lets be honest we could have a lot worse but the real intent would have been to sack the defence and get a bit more quality up front as well. As always the emphasis is on jam tomorrow, sustainability in the future will lead to success in the future. After forty years it all wears a bit thin to be honest. If Hallett had upped his investment by say 20% not only could we have had the best conferencing facilities in the country this side of Exeter but we also could have a team at the top of this dogshit league trouncing teams and delighting crowds of probably 11k or 12k a week. I don't blame Lowe for speaking shit I blame Hallett for not properly backing him, he's worked miracles with the shite he's got to work with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 12:24 am

he still has alot to learn does Lowe but that's understandable given his age and experience.
Media comments need refining as hes in danger of becoming a new holloway and we all know how that ended but hes doing a good job here. The fact hes improved the defence (its still shit but less so) with last years defenders is no mean feat but it will always be an achilles heel which come summer time will need addressing especially if we go up. i hope simon does back him to strengthen the squad in the summer as we do lack depth especially in defence and central midfield.
When the day comes and lowe moves on after doing a good job here the fans i can see it now he will be labelled a judas.

fwiw i found that due lipa video with the catchy tune that was bugging me in the gym. Its shit
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Sick of his wind piss waffle, start delivering you scouse cnut
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 8:40 pm

On a brighter note, there was a story in the Erald today about Sawyer preparing for retirement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 8:43 pm

akagreengull wrote:
On a brighter note, there was a story in the Erald today about Sawyer preparing for retirement.

i wouldnt have an issue with him joining the coaching staff youth level like wotton did next season and be an emergency backup but i think he knows this season is his last as a regular for us or indeed anyone else. We need a whole new defence in the summer even if wootton and canavan convince lowe to keep them.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

i wouldnt have an issue with him joining the coaching staff youth level like wotton did next season and be an emergency backup but i think he knows this season is his last as a regular for us or indeed anyone else. We need a whole new defence in the summer even if wootton and canavan convince lowe to keep them.

Yeah, a player reaching the end of his career and has assisted another coach for one minor game, that's the criteria for appointing a coach.

Forget things like aptitude, ability and coaching qualifications

Just the sort of attitude that's got Argyle where they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Yeah, a player reaching the end of his career and has assisted another coach for one minor game, that's the criteria for appointing a coach.

turn it in grovehill. i said i wouldnt have a problem with him doing a coaching role with the youth setup while being an emergency backup like wotton did. Do read things properly. Its a given he would have to still do his badges alongside any coaching role here or elsewhere.

Last edited by Angry on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 11:46 am

Sorry Angry, didn't realise that young players only need a bloke who can't find another job coaching them. I always thought that young, developing players needed good coaching from, well, good coaches.

Just how many of the current first team squad are home grown, compared with the likes of, say Exeter City?

Like I said, it's no wonder Argyle are where they are.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 am

Grovehill wrote:
Sorry Angry, didn't realise that young players only need a bloke who can't find another job coaching them. I always thought that young, developing players needed good coaching from, well, good coaches.

Just how many of the current first team squad are home grown, compared with the likes of, say Exeter City?

Like I said, it's no wonder Argyle are where they are.  

how do you know he wouldn't be a good coach?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 3:20 pm

On that basis, you might as well make the tea lady a coach!

Has GS ever done any coaching, most coaches start well before they finish playing. For example, Jack Charlton started coaching in schools in his twenties-after getting  a qualification, Bobby went straight from playing to being a Manager-the rest is history.  

Has GS already done/applied for any coaching courses, or is it, like so many older player, just a case of "what shall I do when I finish playing? I'll give coaching a go"

As for doing what Wotton did, that was hardly a roaring  success was it? His last boss doesn't even want him at the second worse team in the League!

Am I the only one on here that wants the best for Argyle? As in, I don't want a Manager who can't go six months without talking of going "home" I don't want players who don't rate even being in the squad of a League 1 team, and I certainly don't want coaches who get the job just because they played for the club in the past.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps Liverpool should have Gary Ablett as Manager and Jock Morrison  should be in charge of  Man City!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Grovehill wrote:
On that basis, you might as well make the tea lady a coach!

Has GS ever done any coaching, most coaches start well before they finish playing. For example, Jack Charlton started coaching in schools in his twenties-after getting  a qualification, Bobby went straight from playing to being a Manager-the rest is history.  

Has GS already done/applied for any coaching courses, or is it, like so many older player, just a case of "what shall I do when I finish playing? I'll give coaching a go"

As for doing what Wotton did, that was hardly a roaring  success was it? His last boss doesn't even want him at the second worse team in the League!

Am I the only one on here that wants the best for Argyle? As in, I don't want a Manager who can't go six months without talking of going "home" I don't want players who don't rate even being in the squad of a League 1 team, and I certainly don't want coaches who get the job just because they played for the club in the past.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps Liverpool should have Gary Ablett as Manager and Jock Morrison  should be in charge of  Man City!

bloody hell you make freathy at times look like captain wankspasm lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 pm

If Pep Guardiola took over as Argyle manager, Grovey would complain that he speaks with a funny accent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If Pep Guardiola took over as Argyle manager, Grovey would complain that he speaks with a funny accent.

properly hes very much Xenophobic
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

RL's got a funny accent.

And I doubt if Pep could hack it at a Club with Argyle's budget
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Well I’m started to doubt Lowe, likes to waffle rubbish every time we drop points, can see through him, he’s here on a meal ticket and the first chance he gets he’s going back up north.

Southern guy as next manager please
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Well I’m started to doubt Lowe,  likes to waffle rubbish every time we drop points, can see through him, he’s here on a meal ticket and the first chance he gets he’s going back up north.

Southern guy as next manager please

Dane?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 9:49 am

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

yep can’t argue about that grovey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill   A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill Empty

Back to top Go down

A Ryan Lowe Video for grovehill
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next