HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Football Shirts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Retro Football Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 am

Let's face it, paying 45 quid every year as an adult for a piece of poorly produced nylon is pretty sad, and I've done it plenty of times.

I'm looking at purchasing a retro of shirts to do me ad finitum, I rarely wear them anyway but it is always nice for the bigger occasions to have something other than my Wembley 96 scarf.

Favourite Argo shirt?

On a similar note, following this Poland-esque effort here -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fave Engurland shirt?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is my favourite retro shirt, and the one I'm usually found wearing to most matches. It's great design, it was the Argyle home kit in the year I was born, and the black and white hoops around the midriff emphasise my moobs quite nicely lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Let's face it, paying 45 quid every year as an adult for a piece of poorly produced nylon is pretty sad, and I've done it plenty of times.

I'm looking at purchasing a retro of shirts to do me ad finitum, I rarely wear them anyway but it is always nice for the bigger occasions to have something other than my Wembley 96 scarf.

Favourite Argo shirt?

On a similar note, following this Poland-esque effort here -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fave Engurland shirt?

The 1982 World Cup strip was good....but that is probably more to do with the fact that I was 12 and it was my first World Cup with Engand in it.

"We're on our way,
We are Ron's twenty-two
Hear the roar,
Of the red, white and blue"

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am

How about best England song?

I suppose it has to be 3 Lions but it has been done to death. Maybe World In Motion?

Ultimately I think I'd plump for Back Home. There's a banging 2 minute tune in there, it gets the blood stirred, it is actually sung by the players and it is pleasingly naff and cheesy with a touch of the terraces on it.

Back Home
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 am

This one from 1966 - 68 is my favourite

And my favourite England song is Vindaloo Link
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:17 am

Cool or not?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:04 am

Toffs do the 1975(?) Green and black stripe shirt. If I had to chose it would be that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Football Shirts   Retro Football Shirts Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Football Shirts
Page 1 of 1