Retro

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Did anyone at yesterdays game see that bloke dressed and shaved like a skinhead,circa 1971? Knee length Crombie with a red hankerchief in the top pocket,tank top,Ben Sherman shirt,turned up Levi's and Docs with yellow laces,brought a tear of nostalgia to my eye it did.Big chap he was too,wouldn't like to have picked a scrap with him.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm

It might have been pig
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Did anyone at yesterdays game see that bloke dressed and shaved like a skinhead,circa 1971? Knee length Crombie with a red hankerchief in the top pocket,tank top,Ben Sherman shirt,turned up Levi's and Docs with yellow laces,brought a tear of nostalgia to my eye it did.Big chap he was too,wouldn't like to have picked a scrap with him.

Went to see Madness at Butlins back in November.Loads of retro skins there,1000s of em.Great weekend it was to,spoke to loads of people their a lot of West ham and Millwall fans,no trouble either.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:55 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Went to see Madness at Butlins back in November.Loads of retro skins there,1000s of em.Great weekend it was to,spoke to loads of people their a lot of West ham and Millwall fans,no trouble either.

Brilliant.. A bunch of thugs can go to Butlins for the weekend and no trouble - stay at home and go to a football match, and they kick seven shades of shit out of each other.

Go figure...
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:58 pm

i sat in a celtic pub in glasgow wearing a Blue tshirt nowt was said to me. I later found out that people ahve been killed for less What a Face
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 pm

I went to Folkestone for a day trip across the channel to get my tobacco supply in August and unbeknown to me and the Mrs before we went there was a Ska weekend in the town. The place was jammed packed with all age groups, including some my own age which is quite senior, all dressed appropriately. I was a bit worried at first not being one to be where a rumble is likely to break out but it was groundless. My Mrs and I went across the road from our hotel to a carpark where they had a live band on and several thousand skinheads (not how they refer to themselves these days) there. The atmosphere was great and we spoke to loads of them who were nothing less than friendly. A lot had kids with them and some were clearly the grandparents. I never knew there were so many still about and there was not one hint of trouble all weekend despite the amount of drink consumed.
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Greenskin wrote:

I've seen a guy that fits that description a few times but not at HP.

Happy days, the early 70s!
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I was in a village pub once chatting with an old bloke sat at a table and discovered that there was a biker festival nearby. Two of them came in - tattoos, chains, scars, grease etc - and I thought, "Oh no....!" They came to sit at the table and chatted for some time about fine dining, interesting recipes and food-pubs.

Then they chucked their glasses through the window (OK, I made that bit up).

And my brother was a serious hoolie in his younger years. He has an interesting tale to tell about one of pasoti's nearest and dearest......
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I went to a bad Manners concert in Gravesend a couple of years ago. It was a brilliant night and the main man and his band didn't come on till after midnight. There were 3 or 4 support bands with one from Holland. The music is quite popular over the water. No trouble either.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

The live band in Folkestone were from Norway and were bloody good.
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:18 pm

funny man wrote:
I was in a village pub once chatting with an old bloke sat at a table and discovered that there was a biker festival nearby. Two of them came in - tattoos, chains, scars, grease etc - and I thought, "Oh no....!" They came to sit at the table and chatted for some time about fine dining, interesting recipes and food-pubs.

And my brother was a serious hoolie in his younger years. He has an interesting tale to tell about one of pasoti's nearest and dearest......

I was a skinhead in me younger days mainly by accident because the prat of a hairdresser screwed up me Dave Bowie...anyway, then I found bikes and have had a love affair ever since with them, I have even been known to attend bikers festivals (GOB = Green On Bike!). Worse then that though, I also attend the 80s Rewind Music Festival and other 80s festivals.

Is this all just a very long mid life crises that started early?
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Yes. It's about time you bought a Harley and popped down to Jaspers for a Sunday mug of tea. jocolor
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:33 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Yes. It's about time you bought a Harley and popped down to Jaspers for a Sunday mug of tea. jocolor

<cough>
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:19 am

what is it with bikers and jaspers lol
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:02 am

GOB wrote:
funny man wrote:

I was a skinhead in me younger days mainly by accident because the prat of a hairdresser screwed up me Dave Bowie...anyway, then I found bikes and have had a love affair ever since with them, I have even been known to attend bikers festivals (GOB = Green On Bike!). Worse then that though, I also attend the 80s Rewind Music Festival and other 80s festivals.

Green on a bike ? I thought GOB was a reference to you being outspoken. Always thought it was a tad coarse and could give people the wrong impression.
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:23 am

I always thought it meant Grumpy Old Bastard, every day's a school day on here!
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:25 am

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:
funny man wrote:

Green on a bike ? I thought GOB was a reference to you being outspoken. Always thought it was a tad coarse and could give people the wrong impression.

Yeah well I would hate to do that Tring lol!
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am

funny man wrote:

I know a couple of blokes who are in Aquila: they look pretty daunting, but they're really gentle, nice people. Skilled carpenters.

A couple of years ago, I was at a gig at the Blues Bar (Vince Lee, the best blues guitarist in the country) and several Aquila came in. Very funny watching the reactions of other people there.
Back to top Go down

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 am

I know a scary looking bloke in Aquila too.

To look at, you wouldn't want to mess with him at all...frightening looking bloke. However, he's one of the nicest guys I know and has raised 10's of thousands of pounds for charity over the years.

Book, cover and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro   Retro Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro
Page 1 of 1