Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Watching the big orange turkey on the news now just made me soooo sad that spitting image is no more. All that material down the drain.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 6:08 pm

I love the way that Iran managed to quote the UN law number and text that they used to launch their missiles legally at the US air base, unlike Trump who actually carried out his hit completely illegally. Ricks is right it does send a message, not one I'd like my kids to take note of though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Looking like both sides want to calm it all down now. Johnson should STFU and keep well out of the row. The US didn't even inform him they were taking out the General so why the fook do we fell the need to get involved at all?

Well beacause Mike Pompeo the US Secretary of State said straight after the incident that our reaction, which was to call for restraint, was unhelpful. Given that we're desperate to to secure some sort of trade deal with them, we had to show some support even though the last thing we want is to be dragged into another US adventure in the middle east.

Anyway Iran fired some missiles at US bases with no fatalities and hopefully that will be that.

Its the people that bunged a load of wedge on Brent Crude that I feel for.

Nothing to do with trade deals and everything to do with Trump getting pissed with us, the Germans and French over the Iran nuclear deal signed by Obama. Trump is trying to bully us to get the deal ripped up and a new one with him in the driving seat replacing it.
I take it you are being ironic over the crude investors.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I love the way that Iran managed to quote the UN law number and text that they used to launch their missiles legally at the US air base, unlike Trump who actually carried out his hit completely illegally. Ricks is right it does send a message, not one I'd like my kids to take note of though.

LOl.  Maybe Iran can quote the UN law numbers for all the terrorist acts they've committed over the last few years.

... but well done Iran with their tepid response.   They didn't just blink, they shut their eyes.

So early in the first half... Trump 1 Iran 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 8:53 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

LOl.  Maybe Iran can quote the UN law numbers for all the terrorist acts they've committed over the last few years.

... but well done Iran with their tepid response.   They didn't just blink, they shut their eyes.

So early in the first half...   Trump 1 Iran 0

What like drive ISIS back underground.

YOu might as well put a big MAGA hat on. USA!! USA!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 10:10 am

[quote="Rickler"]
Earwegoagain wrote:

You can only take the higher moral ground with these nut jobs when you actually stand on higher moral ground, what Trump did in the eyes of the Iranians, and myself as well If I'm honest, was to commit a terrorist act. It probably would have been slightly better if he'd carried out the attack in Iran but to complicate things by hitting Iraq is fooking madness and another step in the eternal war in the middle east. Up until now I've very very meh about Trump, I don't live in the states, never planned on visiting there but now his actions are having a direct impact on my life. He's as much of an extremist nutjob as any of the Iranians.
What's next in his defence? You'll be telling me that Gods on your side in a minute.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 am

Plot certainly thickening over the downed airliner

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:02 am

anyone seen those parody videos of the iran government? some are quite funny like this one

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Dodgy that the black boxes are not being released.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 6:08 am

seadog wrote:

I'm still waiting for Trump to come out with something other than "something terrible has happened"

Yes Donald your war act of killing the Iranian General has had the side effect of 176 being murdered by a surface to air missile. Way to go Trump way to go

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:46 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
seadog wrote:

I'm still waiting for Trump to come out with something other than "something terrible has happened"

Yes Donald your war act of killing the Iranian General has had the side effect of 176 being murdered by a surface to air missile. Way to go Trump way to go

Not exactly feck all to do with Trump if the Iranians down an airliner with a missile is it? Whether it was accidental or deliberate it was still absolutely feck all to do with Trump.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 7:38 am

So the Iranians have now admitted it.
Ears for christ sake if that rogue Trump hadnt illegally taken out a foreign national none of this would have ever happened.... For every action theres a reaction and we've just seen the worst one humanely possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 9:33 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Ears for christ sake if that rogue Trump hadnt illegally taken out a foreign national none of this would have ever happened.... For every action theres a reaction and we've just seen the worst one humanely possible

Conversely, Harve, If Trump hadn't taken out Soleimani, thousands more would meet an untimely end at the hands of this war mongering psychopath and his ISIS proxies. I don't remember as much virtue signalling from the faux outrage brigade when Obama bombed the feck out of Somalia, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen - ad infinitum.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:36 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

For christs sake Harve I've done nothing but condemn Trump for that but it has feck all to do with this. Iran didn't shoot down the jet in retribution for Trumps strike for one it was full of Iranians. The three British are Iranians with British passports, the sixty Canadians are Iranians with Canadian passports they all have family in Iran hence why none of the victims families have spoken out against it. It was a fook up of monumental proportions when their air defence went mental. Feck all to do with Trump period.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Iran have been chinned
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 7:50 am

Dear o dear,

The UK ambassador to Iran was arrested during anti-government protests in Tehran after officials admitted shooting down a passenger plane.
Rob Macaire was held for three hours, in what the UK described as a "flagrant violation of international law".
It is understood he was attending a vigil for those who died in the crash, which turned into a protest.
He left to make his way back to the UK embassy, but was arrested as he stopped at a barber shop for a haircut.
In a statement, UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said: "The arrest of our Ambassador in Tehran without grounds or explanation is a flagrant violation of international law.
"The Iranian government is at a cross-roads moment. It can continue its march towards pariah status with all the political and economic isolation that entails, or take steps to deescalate tensions and engage in a diplomatic path forwards."

Firstly the guy was a twat attending the "vigil" being a savvy traveller you always keep away from meetings or gatherings of people who gather for any reason especially in a country like Iran at a time like this. This then leaves Raab with no choice but to condemn Iran over its actions.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 8:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Dear o dear,

The UK ambassador to Iran was arrested during anti-government protests in Tehran after officials admitted shooting down a passenger plane.
Rob Macaire was held for three hours, in what the UK described as a "flagrant violation of international law".
It is understood he was attending a vigil for those who died in the crash, which turned into a protest.
He left to make his way back to the UK embassy, but was arrested as he stopped at a barber shop for a haircut.
In a statement, UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said: "The arrest of our Ambassador in Tehran without grounds or explanation is a flagrant violation of international law.
"The Iranian government is at a cross-roads moment. It can continue its march towards pariah status with all the political and economic isolation that entails, or take steps to deescalate tensions and engage in a diplomatic path forwards."

Firstly the guy was a twat attending the "vigil" being a savvy traveller you always keep away from meetings or gatherings of people who gather for any reason especially in a country like Iran at a time like this. This then leaves Raab with no choice but to condemn Iran over its actions.

Doubtless Cummings told the idiot to attend the vigil in the first place on behalf of Bozo. Incredibly stupid I agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2