Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 Empty
PostSubject: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am

FFS! I've always been admiring of the fact that Trumpy has never started a war but I guess he feels a bit left out now so he's going all out for gulf war [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] now. Taking out their top military man will only ever result in tit for tat retributions and he knows it.
I wish we'd keep well out of it, yesterday we made a few semi critical noises and today Raabs on about sending more Navy ships to the gulf and the SAS to Iraq. Shorely it would be better to keep the fook out of it, Trump did not ask our opinion before he took the general out and on that basis I'd make it clear he stands alone.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

Agree 100%. He's been clever up until now on who he's targeted but this was a blatant murder of a high ranking official during 'peacetime'. A can of worms has been opened now foreshore, should've done it on the quiet if it had to be done, asked mossad to poison him or something. Our navy will be sent to keep the straits of hormuz open because without the black gold we're fcuked unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 8:01 pm

We've been at war with Iran for years. This is just another part of the "tit for tat". But Iran's aggression in the last year has stepped up dramatically. From hijacking shipping, to drone rocket attacks on Saudi oil refineries, to attacking the American embassy in Iraq.

It's been stated that diplomatically behind the scenes Iran was warned not to cross a redline and kill or target Americans or American Assets. Iran crossed that line last week when they killed an American contract worker in Iraq and later stormed the Embassy.

Soleimani was a badass in the extreme. As evil as you possible get. If you don't take warmongers like that out, who do you take out? I hardly agree with Trump about anything, but here he did the right thing.

feck Iran.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 8:32 pm

It's who and when and how that's important Ricks, it's like Iran taking out the head of our armed forces on our own soil (I know it happened in Iraq as well btw) with a drone strike. By ours I mean Uk and not USA. I think it's a massive hard on statement from Trump, kinda reminds me of Maggie when she started the Falklands war to take attention away from home issues at the time. Impeachment? What impeachment? He's a massive tool with the diplomatic skills of Pongo Patterson from Grange Hill and I wish he'd fookin well calm down. I'm off to Asia again soon for a bit hope I don't get bombed whilst having a coffee somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's who and when and how that's important Ricks, it's like Iran taking out the head of our armed forces on our own soil (I know it happened in Iraq as well btw) with a drone strike.

Never a truer word spoken..

Trump (America) wants to send a message. It's the same message Obama sent when he took out Osama bin laden. The message is.. You have no place to hide. Sooner or later, if we want to.. We will find you, and we will kill you.

Personally... With scum such as Bin Laden and Soleimani, I think it's a message well worth sending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 10:09 pm

when iran has allies like russia and china trump best be careful he doesnt go too yankee doodle with his acts of war. this wont have a happy ending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It's who and when and how that's important Ricks, it's like Iran taking out the head of our armed forces on our own soil (I know it happened in Iraq as well btw) with a drone strike.

Trump (America) wants to send a message.  It's the same message Obama sent when he took out Osama bin laden.  The message is..  You have no place to hide.  Sooner or later, if we want to..  We will find you, and we will kill you.

Personally...  With scum such as Bin Laden and Soleimani, I think it's a message well worth sending.

Viewing the world in those narrow terms is the entire problem. The fact Soleimani is a genuine 'bad guy' besides the point, taking him out might well have been illegal and is clearly going to cause massive problems in the region.

Lets face it Trump has an election and an impeachment to deal with this year and with his approval ratings stuck around -40 . We all know the real reasons for this. The fact they didn't bother to tell the UK about it doesn't exactly auger well for future trade talks.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 9:14 am

None of the Emirates are happy with this situation for sure. Reading flyer forums earlier and an unprecedented level of cancellations indicated on Qatar, Etihad, Emirates, Gulf and Oman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Really? Foreign Office advice is to remain vigilant without specifically advising people not to travel to the region. Unless they do that then its business as usual
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 2:57 pm

Not so sure about that Hugh was updated two days ago,
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise all British nationals against all travel to
within 100km of the entire Iran/Afghanistan border
within 10km of the entire Iran/Iraq border
the province of Sistan-Baluchistan
the area east of the line running from Bam to Jask, including Bam
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to the rest of Iran. However, for British-Iranian dual nationals the FCO advise against all travel to Iran. If you’re in Iran, you should consider carefully your need to remain. If your continued presence is not essential, you should consider leaving.

Reference Iraq updated on the 4th.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and against all travel to the rest of Iraq. If you’re in areas of Iraq where the FCO advise against all travel, you should consider leaving by commercial means.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Trump (America) wants to send a message.  It's the same message Obama sent when he took out Osama bin laden.  The message is..  You have no place to hide.  Sooner or later, if we want to..  We will find you, and we will kill you.

Personally...  With scum such as Bin Laden and Soleimani, I think it's a message well worth sending.

What if they sent a message back to London via a car bomb? Justified response or terrorist action? Any Iranian or Iraqi will view the killing of Suleimani as a terrorist attack, to have done it in Iraq instead of Iran just complicates things further. What really pisses me off is that a lot of the yanks holiday at home and as such don't see retribution as a problem, for travelers like me we just see the world getting smaller and more dangerous all the time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

What if they sent a message back to London via a car bomb? Justified response or terrorist action? Any Iranian or Iraqi will view the killing of Suleimani as a terrorist attack, to have done it in Iraq instead of Iran just complicates things further. What really pisses me off is that a lot of the yanks holiday at home and as such don't see retribution as a problem, for travelers like me we just see the world getting smaller and more dangerous all the time.

Yep. I’m all for a rapid de-escalation. I was meant to fly into Sharm a short while after that Russian airliner got blown out of the sky a few years ago. If another holiday gets kyboshed cos Trump needs an election boost I’ll be more than mildly miffed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise all British nationals against all travel to
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to the rest of Iran. However, for British-Iranian dual nationals the FCO advise against all travel to Iran. If you’re in Iran, you should consider carefully your need to remain. If your continued presence is not essential, you should consider leaving.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and against all travel to the rest of Iraq. If you’re in areas of Iraq where the FCO advise against all travel, you should consider leaving by commercial means.

I'm talking more about the middle east in general, I've seen no evidence of mass flight cancellations. Although an attack on the UAE is probably more likely after this the Foreign office aren't telling UK nationals to get out.

FCO have consistently advised against travel to Iran, Iraq or Yemen for sometime. Not that anybody sane would want to
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yep. I’m all for a rapid de-escalation. I was meant to fly into Sharm a short while after that Russian airliner got blown out of the sky a few years ago. If another holiday gets kyboshed cos Trump needs an election boost I’ll be more than mildly miffed.  

I'm off to Sri Lanka soon it's just settled down after the cafe bombing that was in retribution for the New Zealand mosque shooting (go figure the fooked up logic to that?) and unlike Trump and co we don't have an hundred strong bodyguard to protect us. Warmongering cnuts the lot of them and it's us more than them that are likely to get bombed or stabbed walking across London bridge.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 5:04 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm talking more about the middle east in general, I've seen no evidence of mass flight cancellations. Although an attack on the UAE is probably more likely after this the Foreign office aren't telling UK nationals to get out.

FCO have consistently advised against travel to Iran, Iraq or Yemen for sometime. Not that anybody sane would want to

You'd need to be in the correct echo chamber to have access to them facts. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You'd need to be in the correct echo chamber to have access to them facts. raised eyebrow

"Level 3" access at at least...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 4:25 am

Nice to see it's all calming down in the sand pit! FFS.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 7:43 am

P.O.I wrote:
Nice to see it's all calming down in the sand pit! FFS.

Am surprised Brent Oil hasn't rocketed (yet) albeit we're still in the grey market currently till 08.00 currently $69.73 at time of post
May surge in 15 minutes time we'll see

Edited pretty flat. Markets maybe taking view it was a measured response. Await Tangerines mans statement later
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 8:32 am

More diversions in the ME regions. Airlines suffering once again for 3rd party actions

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 8:42 am

Ukrainian President now making claims his Boeing 737 was blown out of the sky accidentally or otherwise.
"Questions to be answered"

Extraordinary coincidence most would agree. Motor fully signed off less than 48 hours ago with full bill of health
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 8:45 am

Air France now diverting around same airspace.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 9:31 am

PMQ's today has got all the potential to be spectacular with Johnson answring every question with his standard swerve.
Nowhere to hide Bozo you ducked yesterday but not today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 9:59 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

More diversions in the ME regions. Airlines suffering once again for 3rd party actions

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The article goes on to say that US carriers don't fly below 26,000 feet within that airspace anyway.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 12:45 pm

Looking like both sides want to calm it all down now. Johnson should STFU and keep well out of the row. The US didn't even inform him they were taking out the General so why the fook do we fell the need to get involved at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 2:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Looking like both sides want to calm it all down now. Johnson should STFU and keep well out of the row. The US didn't even inform him they were taking out the General so why the fook do we fell the need to get involved at all?

Well beacause Mike Pompeo the US Secretary of State said straight after the incident that our reaction, which was to call for restraint, was unhelpful. Given that we're desperate to to secure some sort of trade deal with them, we had to show some support even though the last thing we want is to be dragged into another US adventure in the middle east.

Anyway Iran fired some missiles at US bases with no fatalities and hopefully that will be that.

Its the people that bunged a load of wedge on Brent Crude that I feel for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3   Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trump, Iran and Gulf War #3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next