Tringreen
Lord Tisdale
Coxside_Green
shonbo
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

James Brent on Spotlight Tonight Empty
PostSubject: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 am

There's an interview with JB on tonight's Spotlight.

I'd hope to hear from him about any contingency plan for if the unthinkable happened and we ended up in the Blue Square; also, would be nice to get some sort of flavour of any plans he has for ground re-development. Whatever he does say, I'm sure there will be plenty to debate afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: James Brent on Spotlight....   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:58 am

There was a "trailer" on last night. He mentioned the grandstand on that; could be interesting to hear more of the bigger picture, for Argyle et al.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:16 am

I hope its better then the pictures that McCauley, Stapleton and Todd managed to produce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 am

He's being interviewed by Justin Leigh who I went to school with. He was a blazer and briefcase boy, prefect I reckon, and had as much personality as a dead fish and wouldn't say boo to a goose. I don't expect Brent had a paxman type grilling and nothing of any great significance will have been asked. It will reveal nothing more than the sycophantic piece in property weekly.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 pm

From Sky:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:53 pm

I will believe it when I see a badly drawn picture on the front page of the Herald.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:03 pm

shonbo wrote:
From Sky:

What the chuff does this mean ?

"Brent is also looking to bring down the wage bill at the end of the season, which includes wages allocated to people not even at the club anymore"

Shirley the payments to those that are gone were set in stone by the CVA or did Brent manage to squeeze some wriggle room in there if things have not gone quite as expected ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
shonbo wrote:
From Sky:

"Brent is also looking to bring down the wage bill at the end of the season, which includes wages allocated to people not even at the club anymore"

Shirley the payments to those that are gone were set in stone by the CVA or did Brent manage to squeeze some wriggle room in there if things have not gone quite as expected ?

I reckon he'll get them to give Napoleon lots of stuff to frame............ then Nikkk 'll buy it all and it's job done.

Only joking Laughing Is that still allowed ?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
shonbo wrote:
From Sky:

I think you'll find he means Damian Johnson and i cant think of anyone else at the mo, but johnson alone is probably 4-5k a week, plus we have the likes of Walton,Fletcher out of contract 2 more big earners, Purse didnt come cheap, and i would defo flog bashera, and replace him in the summer with a more affordable LB as long as it isnt Williams.

If we stay in the league, which im 90% certain we will, we could really rebuild and challenge next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Insufficient bandwidth to get all the BBC Link, Sad so will watch on TV tonight.
Both he and Gordon Strachan (studio pundit on ITV Sunday) seem to have the same opinion.
Get the Club on an even keel, invest to get cashflow moving (grandstand) and don't make panic decisions on purchases. Idea
Seems to be working for us now, and guess/hope it will into the future. We will, of course, not be relegated. cheers

Merv Plummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

No need to worry yourself Merv re PAFC, over there in exotic Belgium.

As far as I heard the trails on the BBC, this interview is all about James Brent as "Mr Community" and how that fits in with PAFC and the prime parkland now owned.
Where these community aspirations were while he was cutting a dash at Citibank, I have no idea. Let's hope Damascus has been visited while he apparently learned double quick how to 'bleed green'.
I know what hints I'm looking for, and it's all to do with what parkland understandings are out in the wild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
shonbo wrote:
From Sky:

It's all part of the agreement to pay staff the wages they were owed from the administration period, when everyone at the club went without pay, so those at the club then, but not now, are being repaid over, I believe, a 3 year period, with a percentage as a lump sum up front, which they've already received, and the rest spread out over an agreed period of time (as I said, I think it's three years but I'm happy to be corrected).
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Five I think, Andy.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Insufficient bandwidth to get all the BBC Link, Sad so will watch on TV tonight.
Both he and Gordon Strachan (studio pundit on ITV Sunday) seem to have the same opinion.
Get the Club on an even keel, invest to get cashflow moving (grandstand) and don't make panic decisions on purchases. Idea
Seems to be working for us now, and guess/hope it will into the future. We will, of course, not be relegated. cheers

Merv Plummer.

You didn't miss much.

A couple of references to Torquay's relative onfield success with their tiny budget compared to our 3-4 times as high budget. If they can do it...

Evaded answering how much he has spent so far but was quick to say they had incurred liabilities to the sum of £millions.

He wont become a sugar daddy in case he runs out of sugar.

The interview cut short so hopefully something more interesting on spotlight, dont hold your breath though.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm

BBC has this on the website so will this be edited for Spotlight?

Welcome back Penz!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Welcome back Penz.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

Merv Plummer.

You didn't miss much.

A couple of references to Torquay's relative onfield success with their tiny budget compared to our 3-4 times as high budget. If they can do it...

Evaded answering how much he has spent so far but was quick to say they had incurred liabilities to the sum of £millions.

He wont become a sugar daddy in case he runs out of sugar.

The interview cut short so hopefully something more interesting on spotlight, dont hold your breath though.

It is obvious that his courting of the likes of the gruesome twosome is all part of the plan. There is nothing wrong with the supporters/community 'buying in' to the club but when, not if, the club gets the right manager and progresses back up the leagues, he personally will benefit by selling to someone willing to go for the ultimate prize. Exactly what Stapleton and co should have done but they got greedy and killed the goose.
Question is, will Jimmy boy get greedy too? Although the supporters will have helped him financially, they sure as hell won't be sharing in his windfall, if he chooses to sell.

I could buy into this sort of plan if the Trust were 'given' at least an equal share in the club. After all, it hasn't cost him much, he has other money making plans and bloody Ridsdale was going to get the club for a quid !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Not much on Spotlight.
Will try with BBC link later for 17mins of interview.
It will be available on Spotlight Facebook later, but I don't do Facebook.
Swamped by e-mails from young ladies when on there. Evil or Very Mad lol! affraid

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

No wonder merv with your profile pic. Unfortunately on my facebook I'm inundated with e mails from old women
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Nothing wrong with old, Jock. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

He is one slippery feck.

He hasn't spent one penny on acquiring PAFC neither has he "incurred liabilities to the sum of £millions", all the monies owed are still owed by PAFC, should servicing those liabilities become an issue he will drop you faster than Chamberpots drawers come down when the camera comes out. PAFC going bust again would have zero financial impact on him or the Akkeron Group, any one that thinks different needs a reality slap, this is how the Suits work.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

He is one slippery feck.

He hasn't spent one penny on acquiring PAFC neither has he "incurred liabilities to the sum of £millions", all the monies owed are still owed by PAFC, should servicing those liabilities become an issue he will drop you faster than Chamberpots drawers come down when the camera comes out. PAFC going bust again would have zero financial impact on him or the Akkeron Group, any one that thinks different needs a reality slap, this is how the Suits work.

Indeed it is clear that the comments of Webb and Newell about the fans having a great opportunity to build the club were probably based upon Brent's vision of the fans paying for him to own the club and pay the debts. He gets his property development plans approved and is still able to sell the club for personal gain if and when it returns to its natural aaaaabitaaaaaat !

And all he had to do was look a couple of Avivas in the eye and offer them the key to the executive toilet.

He was the only one to offer such a great deal, so he had to get the gig !.................. Played like a fiddle ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:04 pm

If it goes tit's up again some people are going to be trying to back paddle through shit ten feet deep with egg on their faces, so much egg, you've probably never seen so much egg in fact. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Iggy wrote:
If it goes tit's up again some people are going to be trying to back paddle through shit ten feet deep with egg on their faces, so much egg, you've probably never seen so much egg in fact. Razz

As in Eggomaniac? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent on Spotlight Tonight   James Brent on Spotlight Tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent on Spotlight Tonight
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next