Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 am

It's only the opinion of 11 nomarks Smile

Let's be honest this is a witchhunt against BoJo and a thinly veiled attempt at stopping Brexit.....any kind of Brexit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 12:36 pm

It also appears to be the opinion of Nigel Farage as well as the highest court in the country

Farage on Twitter wrote:
The calling of a Queen's Speech and prorogation is the worst political decision ever. Dominic Cummings must go.

Farage's Twitter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Wonder if he'll appeal the decision to the ECHR laugh
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 1:03 pm

The establishment....in this case the Supreme Court have come down against the Government and have backed Remainers to stop Brexit.....problem is 17.4 million voters cannot be brushed under the carpet that easy....if Brexit gets revoked I see trouble on the streets....Parliament possibly coming back to accept deal or no deal....I don't think so, they're unable to decide what they want for tea and certainly not leaving the United States of Europe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:19 pm

This is a dark day for democracy. The Supreme Court ruling confirms that millionaire activists and unelected judges now have more say in politics than ordinary voters do. The Remainer elite is trashing democracy in front of our eyes. Evil or Very Mad

I suspect that today's court ruling will not affect the opinion polls one jot. Voters are dug in. Millions are sick of parliament and the courts. Ultimately, the mood of the country - the hearts and minds of ordinary people - will matter far more than the decision of 11 judges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Hang on.

I thought Prorogation had nothing to do with Brexit, it was so the current Government could outline a new exciting domestic agenda.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Hang on.

I thought Prorogation had nothing to do with Brexit, it was so the current Government could outline a new exciting domestic agenda.

Yep. Just like when John Major, you know the one who is against proroging parliament so much he went against Bojo in court, prorogued a parliament to stop the expenses scandal and because he was slipping to Blair in the polls. It's all fudging the rules the same as all these cnuts lining up just to stop the will of the people. Democracy is dead, long live the Judge!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
So a sitting Prime Minister has been found by the highest court in the land to have broken the law.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Move along nothing to see here.

What's the maximum sentence for proroging? lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:43 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
An absolute comprehensive thrashing of this Bogus Government
Resign now Johnson immediately this morning

Another lol! Parliament recalled tomorrow so that MPs can waste another five weeks trying to stop the will of the people. Lets not forget that MPs have had three years to sort this out and in that time have voted down, a soft Brexit, a hard Brexit, a deal, no deal and a second referendum. What kind of Brexit do you think Parliament want? I'm not aware of any other options?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 3:53 pm

Another result in the courts today that got ranted about for months on all media is the story of Aaron Banks and the leave campaign which have been cleared of any wrongdoing by the courts. As others have said nothing to see here move along now.....
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 6:47 pm

zyph wrote:
The establishment....in this case the Supreme Court have come down against the Government and have backed Remainers to stop Brexit.....problem is 17.4 million voters cannot be brushed under the carpet that easy....if Brexit gets revoked I see trouble on the streets....Parliament possibly coming back to accept deal or no deal....I don't think so, they're unable to decide what they want for tea and certainly not leaving the United States of Europe.

The judgement has nothing to do with leave or remain, it's solely about Johnson illegally shutting down Parliament, which, quite frankly, is an outrage and he has quite rightly been called to account.

!7. 4 million voters can't be brushed under the carpet? Neither should 16 million plus voters which is just what you and others do all the time..

Just for the record I voted to remain, as I couldn't see how we would be better off outside the EU - and nothing anyone has said has changed my mind. However, the country voted to leave and leave we should, however, it's the inability of the Tories to agree on anything Europe related that has put us in this mess - not the Courts, not Labour not the Lib Dems, not the media, not remainers, the Tories. Self interest, party before country has always been their mantra and Johnson and the ERG have no intention of changing that.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm

zyph wrote:
How outrageous that the Lib/Dems...who have Democrats in their name can vote to revoke Article 50 when we have the next general election.
They want to reverse the referendum result of 2016...when 52%, 17.4 million people, the greatest number ever to vote at any referendum for any subject.... and sweep that result away, because they don't agree with the peoples decision.

Don't see a problem with that. At least they're clear. Vote for us and we'll stay in the EU. If you don't want to stay in the EU don't vote Lib Dem. Simple enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 7:06 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
zyph wrote:

The judgement has nothing to do with leave or remain, it's solely about Johnson illegally shutting down Parliament, which, quite frankly, is an outrage and he has quite rightly been called to account.

!7. 4 million voters can't be brushed under the carpet? Neither should 16 million plus voters which is just what you and others do all the time..

Just for the record I voted to remain, as I couldn't see how we would be better off outside the EU - and nothing anyone has said has changed my mind. However, the country voted to leave and leave we should, however, it's the inability of the Tories to agree on anything Europe related that has put us in this mess - not the Courts, not Labour not the Lib Dems, not the media, not remainers, the Tories. Self interest, party before country has always been their mantra and Johnson and the ERG have no intention of changing that.

Good Post
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 9:35 pm

It's an inaccurate post, shore the Tories are to blame but you have to add all the other MPs of all parties just trying to stop Brexit it's as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 8:27 am

Trouble on the streets, more threats from the 17.4
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 8:43 am

Fun and games commence at 11.30 popcorn locked and loaded popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 8:46 am

I predict a riot.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 9:16 am

P.O.I wrote:
I predict a riot.

Am hunkered down the bunker ready for action. This seriously could be comedy gold on a grand scale
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 10:41 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I predict a riot.

Am hunkered down the bunker ready for action. This seriously could be comedy gold on a grand scale

Really? Another five weeks of our over paid buffoons tearing apart what little dignity they had left whilst the country continues to wither under the now three Plus years of Brexit deadlock. First thing on the agenda will be another extension to the Brexit deadline which will lead to another election which will lead to another hung parliament which will lead to more Brexit extensions meaning that no business can plan for the future whilst the pound will stay de valued.
I can't see fook all to celebrate.
We should riot "democracy" just isn't working.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 10:52 am

I've got an idea.....how about Boris Johnson closing down this useless Parliament and concentrating on getting a Brexit deal with the EU....so we can move along and get to a final result.

Maybe even sack all MP's....Judges...Remain activist....anybody who is against the result of the Referendum....Oh he's tried that has he....what a shame it didn't work...... deadhorse .
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 am

I broke my rule about watching Brexit related stuff on the Beeb last night with the Andrew Neil thing. I actually like Neil as he does try and stay impartial unlike most of the cnuts. Good grief it was worse than I thought. Firstly the title, was it Broken democracy or constitution? Anyway they were trying to whip everybody into a frenzy over Bojo breaking the law yet despite this he will not be held to account as the result is just and only a return of parliament. The Labour guy was a complete embarrassment. He kept on and on repeating Corbyns waffle that they may make up their minds up Brexit but not until later! Wtf? Despite being pressed by Neil he couldn't say what they were hoping to achieve in the commons now they are back there again, the trouble is no one is allowed to say they want to stop Brexit whilst that is clearly the only agenda. He also wouldn't commit to trying to force an election as they obviously know they'd lose.
The most telling thing was listening to the Brexit party lady who used the term "clean break Brexit." Doesn't it appear odd to anyone else that despite 52% of the voters in the ref voting to leave 99% of the language we hear from our supposedly impartial media is loaded with expressions like "DISASTOROUS no deal, cliff edge Brexit" and so on. Just imagine if the whole campaign had been run impartially without all the hysterical language.
There was even someone yesterday suggesting that extermination camps like Aushwitz should be set up for leavers. Now that the remainers have the ruling elite, the media and the old school tie network of the commons on their side I think that we as leavers should actually start to fight back it got beyond a joke a couple of years ago and it's only a matter of time before someone feels justified enough to set a bomb off. If this democracy you can all shove it up yer arses I'm going back to being an anarchist.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Where the hell is this Bozo Johnson who should be sat right beside Geoffrey Cox who is currently taking the grief for the lying deceitful oaf.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 pm

The arrogance of this Tory government is simply breath taking
Cox describing the other side as that shower over there and turkeys the same cretin who has just had his arse handed to him by the Supreme Court 11-0....just carry on as normal

You really couldnt make it up...

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Do you know what, I get a feeling that Brexit may not happen now as the remoaners have played their cards well and have Boris/the government grasped by the short and curlies.

The SNP are planning on putting in a vote of no confidence against Boris providing they can get the support. If that were to win, then we will see a temporary government put in place until a general election is called and won - not by Corbyn I hope, he is (and will be) very bad news for the UK. Apparently, Corbyn is not too keen on calling a no confidence vote just yet.

After three years of this shit, I have had enough of it now and I hate to say it but, revoking may be more likely now than it was ever before, having said that, Geoffrey Cox has said the government will possibly comply with the Benn law to delay Brexit until a deal or no deal is agreed. The deal May fashioned out could come back into play I have heard. He is also hinting at putting another motion in for a general election.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 2:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Where the hell is this Bozo Johnson who should be sat right beside Geoffrey Cox who is currently taking the grief for the lying deceitful oaf.

Flying back from America I would guess?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 12 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next