Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Then he should not have been offered the job in the first place, Ridsdale cost-cutting at it's worst. Ridsdale has been in football long enough to know Fletcher wouldn't be up to the job and our position was no place for a gamble because it saved money. Remember we have also lost our best player now Fletcher won't play.

Fletcher himself must have had doubts when he was offered the job. So he wandered aimlessly for a while before asking for a mentor/help. It's pretty obvious Fletcher meant his mate Sean O'Driscoll, but by dithering we let O'Driscoll slip through our fingers, and instead Fletcher gets Deehan, and I would think most people are aware that Fletcher hardly seems enamoured with this set-up.

It's too late to change it now for this season, and my fear is that we stay up only due to the fact that there are two even poorer teams for the remainder of the season, and Fletcher is retained next season as well. I can't see us picking up another 20 odd points this season, so we are relying on other sides losing a fair whack of games.

And if the players at his disposal aren't up to the task, then Fletcher should have been banging Mr Brents door down in the transfer window, telling him we're going down without some decent money being spent. If Fletcher did say all of this and Brent refused, then that would suggest Brent isn't that bothered whether we stay up or not, and if Fletcher knew he was left with a pile of shit, he should have told Brent that he wasn't up to keeping us up with our current squad.

Fletcher may turn out to be an amazing manager in the future, I doubt it myself, but at most he should have been offered a coaching role under an experienced manager. Compare Fletcher's communication skills to another young manager in Eddie Howe, and he comes across as barely capable of stringing a sentence together, whereas Eddie Howe sounds professional, sounds as though he knows what he is doing, and this certainly shows on the pitch.

I know Harry Redknapp has also stated he is not academically gifted to say the least, but he has 40 years footballing experience under his belt to call on. I just don't see Fletcher analysing games very well, don't see that he has worked the opposition out one bit. The Stourbridge manager had our measure from the start in the F.A.Cup and we were extremely lucky to take it to a replay, or unlucky if you happened to travel to watch the replay or were unfortunate enough to have ESPN included in your TV package.

I assumed fletch and ro were given the job to get them on side after the strike threat to the burton game. 1, get rid of reid and 2 get the others from the gang of 3 into management structure and then loose cannons silenced.

It's very admirable sticking up for Fletcher and calling for fans to get behind him, but in reality I reckon the majority of the fanbase didn't want him originally and certainly haven't changed their opinion on what we've seen so far.

I would love to be proved wrong but I predict we will finish with around 40 points this season, but fortunately thats enough due to Northampton and Dagenham being even worse than us. If either of those two do start picking up points then I can't see many other teams within touching distance of us, also going into freefall until the end of the season.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
I almost admire your stoicism mate.

Do you actually 'enjoy' watching the crap on display and the bleak outlook ?

If that was meant for me TG then I still enjoy going to the football, but then I consider going to the football much more than the match itself.

John Lloyd described my Argyle perfectly as a travelling drinking club. I meet up with old school friends, consume a few ales, grab something nice to eat and head off to the match.

Do I enjoy the football? If we win yes, regardless as to whether it's by playing beautifully or by a dodgy penalty in the last minute. If we lose then I've grown to have a grudging acceptance of it. I'm mostly an away fan and therefore regardless as to our form I'm destined to see us lose more often than win.

What do I hate the most? lack of effort. No Argyle player will get stick from me if they are giving everything they have and I don't think even the most frustrated of Argyle fans would say that the players and management team at the moment aren't giving everything in terms of effort. Limited they maybe, we are the 89th worst team in England and Wales afterall, but care they do.

I would say "enjoy the ride" Wink but I know that's an often quoted phrase on here. What may be more apt is to put a smile on your face and at least get on the bus in the first place. You MAY enjoy it..?

Jumped on the bus in 1959 but over the decades, with the wisdom of age and experience, have become more than a tad frustrated following the most village club in the land.

I was told to shut up and enjoy the ride with Stapleton. I told them it was like being on the M25................... The road to Hell ! lol!

Everyone to their own my friend. It's not for me. I really think we should demand and get better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Fair do's, did they do giant flags in 1959? Very Happy

Generally (there are some exceptions) in football the more money you spend the more successful you are. Actually "what we deserve" is therefore how much money we generate. As long as an owner is using this money wisely to protect the club and invest in the playing/coaching staff then great. I'm not looking for anyone to lead us down the same road we've just been.

Most things are cyclical and one day we will win a promotion and we'll be owned by a decent, if not perfect custodian of the club. The real test of the doomongerers, sorry healthy cynics Wink is if they recognise that time and change the tone of their posts accordingly.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Not sure what happended to my post above so I will post again!

I assumed that rids reason for giving the job to Fletch and Ro was to break up the gang of 3 with Reid after the strike threat to the burton game. Get rid of Reid , the other two incorparated into the management structure of the club and end of player power.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

And by the same token there will be a day when the President's optimism and assurances that we will not go down because Brent is a decent guy, won't be enough and if we do happen to stay up this season, I hope that there will be more investment forthcoming because another season fighting relegation will see our attendances dip again and accordingly our wage bill will have to be cut again to keep in line with our turnover.

If we have to cut wages and recruit players even worse than some we have currently, I think the one day when we will be promoted again might be slightly further away than you think. Unless of course it's eventually being promoted out of the Blue Square Premiership.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Greenjock wrote:
And by the same token there will be a day when the President's optimism and assurances that we will not go down because Brent is a decent guy, won't be enough and if we do happen to stay up this season, I hope that there will be more investment forthcoming because another season fighting relegation will see our attendances dip again and accordingly our wage bill will have to be cut again to keep in line with our turnover.

If the decline continues beyond this season then agree wholeheartedly GJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEE CLARK SACKED   LEE CLARK SACKED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LEE CLARK SACKED
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2