Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" Empty
PostSubject: My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"   My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 8:39 pm

New manager Ryan Lowe insists it is his way or the highway for the players at Plymouth Argyle, who remain from the Derek Adams era.

Low inherited 20 players from his predecessor, many of which are first, second or third year professionals, while others struggled to impress as the Pilgrims were relegated form League One last season.

Often, when a new manager goes to a club, they are stuck between stamping their footballing philosophy on a fresh group of players and finding a system that works well for the squad he has inherited.

The prospect of playing in a lower division with a manager who has a greater emphasis on attack is certainly appealing to the Green Army, but Lowe has told the players that if they want to be part of his Argyle revolution, they must buy into his plans - and quickly - or they'll be shown the door.

"They will adopt my philosophy because if they don’t, they will be moved on and they have been told that," Lowe said. "They will buy into what we are doing, the style of play, the training sessions, the fitness, being good lads, being good around the place, togetherness, no individuals and respect.

"They are buying into it now, we have already stamped the authority in terms of patterns of play and the football, they know what we are about and watched videos of the way that my Bury team played and that is certainly what we have come here to do.

"It may take a little bit of a while for one or two or three to take note of how we want to play but, again, if they don’t take note quick, then they will be moved on quickly.

"At the end of the day, there is no waiting around for people. We have to start as we mean to go on and that started last Thursday when the lads were in.

"They know the rules and regulations and if they buy into what we are all about, the more successful they will be and the more games they will play for this football club and for me."

Of the squad inherited, eight fall into the category of first, second or third year pro's, including young striker Alex Fletcher, whose chances under the former manager were perhaps hindered by Adams' insistence to play with one central striker.

That has seen the 20-year-old's career stagnate, but under Lowe, a man that forged a career as a lower league goalscorer, Fletcher is one of those players looking to impress and relishing the opportunity having signed a new deal with the club.

"Fletch has come in and I spoke to him off season and what I wanted, what he should be doing and where he should be and I was disappointed in him in all honesty," Lowe said.

"I told him that he is a third year pro now and he hasn’t had the chance yet, maybe because of the other manager, I don’t know.

"I am not here to slag any other managers off, but I said to him to come in, it’s a clean slate, show me what you are about, work hard and when you get an opportunity to score goals, score goals because the simple things turn me on.

"If he is scoring goals, then he will be recognised. If he isn’t scoring goals, then he won’t be recognised. The minimum requirement from me is to work hard, but ultimately, as a striker, you are judged on your goals.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"   My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 9:07 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"   My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 9:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I like it.

Yeah firm but fair.

Hopefully some of the Adams dross kick into another gear or get told to do one,
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"   My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 9:52 pm

It already feels a lot different from the DA/PW set up and we haven't played a competitive game of football yet.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"   My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 6:00 am

Good stuff. You can be certain if he could have offloaded that defensive dross unfortunately under contract from last season he would have already done so.
This guy is the polar opposite of Adams . Looking good going to be my first appearances at HP since the shyster came in the door. I wont be the only one.....start well and we'll average 10,000 from the start
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"   My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone" Empty

Back to top Go down

My way or the highway "Ryan Lowe demands players buy into his attacking philosophy, or they'll be gone"
Page 1 of 1