Czarcasm
RegGreen
akagreengull
Earwegoagain
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Well Earwig, Shocked you clearly didn't see me dressed like that in Padstow. Not my sartorial choice. That's for the local folk, I am a south coast boy. Quite, quite different. I do have a green white and black what could be descried as a "balaclava" though. Serves several purposes on occasion.

Most belong to one tribe or another, I just don't do the aviva mainstream thing in any sense. If that's hypocritical, see if I care.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Jethro wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.

You may well be right but if we're to believe Brent deliberately diverted funds away from the 1st team then there may well be enough in the pot to increase the playing budget next season.  For that I'm prepared to wait until next summer... if we're signing the same standard from A&E then I'm off the fence.

Summer signings will be a fair test of the commitment of Hallett and the board and DA (given he will still be manager/director of football with his five year contract)  to avoid another prolonged shit start to the season. Obviously the Jan window will be DA shipping out his dross to shore up a shite defence with hopefully half decent signings to stay in the league. cheers

I think DA's director of football and all things associated has already been disproved or reined in by Dunford.  The highest earning player will be out before next summer, against the manager's wishes obviously.  Not quite the rule of reign we were told he had.

But since his personal problems, hasn't been the same on the pitch,

The same personal problems as he supposedly had last season? I've no idea TBH but it really has nothing to do with a new CEO and his comments about wage structure, at least not at this moment in time. My only point was DA doesn't have the full run of things as we were led to believe. I always believed Carey's wage was a stunt by the Brent (board) to keep the fans onside, never a sign of ambition.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Looks like the keeping over, keep it cheap culture will prevail Coxside, unless there is a sea change of expectation and investment to match.

You may well be right but if we're to believe Brent deliberately diverted funds away from the 1st team then there may well be enough in the pot to increase the playing budget next season.  For that I'm prepared to wait until next summer... if we're signing the same standard from A&E then I'm off the fence.

Summer signings will be a fair test of the commitment of Hallett and the board and DA (given he will still be manager/director of football with his five year contract)  to avoid another prolonged shit start to the season. Obviously the Jan window will be DA shipping out his dross to shore up a shite defence with hopefully half decent signings to stay in the league. cheers

I think DA's director of football and all things associated has already been disproved or reined in by Dunford.  The highest earning player will be out before next summer, against the manager's wishes obviously.  Not quite the rule of reign we were told he had.

The same personal problems as he supposedly had last season?  I've no idea TBH but it really has nothing to do with a new CEO and his comments about wage structure, at least not at this moment in time.  My only point was DA doesn't have the full run of things as we were led to believe.  I always believed Carey's wage was a stunt by the Brent (board) to keep the fans onside, never a sign of ambition.

I was putting two and two together and making 5 ,I might be wrong just idle speculation on my part
but its no coincidence his form has gone downhill, he hasn't been worth his alleged wage,
hindsight says we should have kept oscar and sonny and used Carey to fund it,
A stunt by Brent sounds about right,

Problem is how much is an out of form 29 year old division 3 player worth in the selling market, especially if its known we are desperate to free a chunk of wages for other players,
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Jethro wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

The same personal problems as he supposedly had last season?  I've no idea TBH but it really has nothing to do with a new CEO and his comments about wage structure, at least not at this moment in time.  My only point was DA doesn't have the full run of things as we were led to believe.  I always believed Carey's wage was a stunt by the Brent (board) to keep the fans onside, never a sign of ambition.

I was putting two and two together and making 5 ,I might be wrong just idle speculation on my part
but its no coincidence his form has gone downhill, he hasn't been worth his alleged wage,
hindsight says we should have kept oscar and sonny and used Carey to fund it,
A stunt by Brent sounds about right,

Problem is how much is an out of form 29 year old division 3 player worth in the selling market, especially if its known we are desperate to free a chunk of wages for other players,

I doubt Carey is worth much considering the new club will need to pay his wage, £100k if we're lucky, he'll probably see the season through half-arsed. I would say his form has dropped because of the defensive duties expected from him, the signings from the A&E ward aren't up to it. Losing Sonny was a real blow, who's to blame I really don't know, all too easy to blame the manager I suppose.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

same standard from A&E well we certainly won’t be paying any transfer fees for players if that helps you make up your mind to the quality of players were gunna get in
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

same standard from A&E well we certainly won’t be paying any transfer fees for players if that helps you make up your mind to the quality of players were gunna get in

Never really cared how much we pay for a player, our biggest signings have been flops, our best players have been free. There's times when it's nice to have spending power and times when it's less necessary like now. All I ask in the lower leagues is we spend our allowed 55-60% on players wages, which we appear to be nowhere close.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:

My view is some are judging Hallett out of hope than anything in the real world.

This is shorely a candidate for Most Ironic Quote of the Year!?  cheers

In the real world he'd had the top job for virtually five minutes before you'd labelled him as the Devil Incarnate and Brent Mk2!  lol!

Let's get this straight. I was immediately happy that part of HHP would "conditionally" be coming back under the club umbrella. Apart from that, he had been there for 2 years, had happily gone along with brent's hopeless plans without a peep, as long as he had a nice safe haven for a bit of mortgage business.  There's been nothing but a long line of shysters queueing up ever since the stadium freehold was purchased by Stapleton. Why do you think the chair of Manchester Utd rocked up FFS ? What makes you think investment banker Hallett isn't the latest in your head ?  That's the REAL world Czarky. What REAL world do you envisage ? Avivaland in your new bobble attire ?
lol!
And quote me the "devil incarnate" bit while you're at it. You're making it up. It's eminently healthy scepticism as practiced by thousands of  Argyle fans in my lifetime, no  more no less.

You clearly don't get the hypocrisy of your statement, Beez. Laughing

Even 95% of ATDers are prepared to judge him from here on in when he's in a position to actually call the shots, not as the junior partner.  

C'mon Czarky... Self reflection is clearly not Beezy's strong suit. He dresses in rags.

As for judging Hallett from here on in... Beezy is just the obverse of Nool --

"I simply won't have a good word said about the man."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

He needs to get back to shagging around clearly.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 am

beesrus wrote:
Well Earwig, Shocked you clearly didn't see me dressed like that in Padstow. Not my sartorial choice. That's for the local folk, I am a south coast boy. Quite, quite different. I do have a green white and black what could be descried as a "balaclava" though. Serves several purposes on occasion.

Most belong to one tribe or another, I just don't do the aviva mainstream thing in any sense. If that's hypocritical, see if I care.  

What is it panto season now? I know it was you after you posted a story about your day being spoilt by a lady friend of yours being pissed and not being able to cycle back along the Camel Trail, she'd fallen and hurt her arm. I was the guy on the old style racer that stopped and asked if I could help. You were the guy wearing all white and a red neck tie. No need to lie Bees, it's nice to belong. lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 am

Well all see Careys value when we see him. Even when he doesn't score he provides most of the crosses for everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Well all see Careys value when we see him. Even when he doesn't score he provides most of the crosses for everybody else.

That reported 10k a week could help seal the defence though, while hes got what little value he has,
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 11:35 am

10k lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:

What is it panto season now? I know it was you after you posted a story about your day being spoilt by a lady friend of yours being pissed and not being able to cycle back along the Camel Trail, she'd fallen and hurt her arm. I was the guy on the old style racer that stopped and asked if I could help. You were the guy wearing all white and a red neck tie. No need to lie Bees, it's nice to belong. lol!

Wrong again Earwig. My woman friend was dressed in white trousers and red that year, that's her bag, but not mine. She likes to get down to it. I don't even possess a pair of white trousers. Clearly your recollection of the incident which we talked about on here is either clouded by your own Mayday tipple or you were talking to another couple with the same problem... there's a lot of them on the Camel on Mayday. I wear a blue neckerchief to identify with the "peace" oss on the day, none of the paraphernalia, and always have done, and wouldn't be seen dead socially in white trousers ever since I gave up cwicket.. Get your facts right, or I'll have to hand your arse on a plate yet again.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Think it is about 5k a week if the rumour scale is to be believed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

That'll be because he plays out wide much of the time. Even Alan Judge used to plonk it on a head on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:34 pm

beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Wrong again Earwig. My woman friend was dressed in white trousers and red that year, that's her bag, but not mine. She likes to get down to it. I don't even possess a pair of white trousers. Clearly your recollection of the incident which we talked about on here is either clouded by your own Mayday tipple or you were talking to another couple with the same problem... there's a lot of them on the Camel on Mayday. I wear a blue neckerchief to identify with the "peace" oss on the day, none of the paraphernalia,  and always have done, and wouldn't be seen dead socially in white trousers ever since I gave up cwicket.. Get your facts right, or I'll have to hand your arse on a plate yet again.

Nope I have a crystal clear memory of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Wrong again Earwig. My woman friend was dressed in white trousers and red that year, that's her bag, but not mine. She likes to get down to it. I don't even possess a pair of white trousers. Clearly your recollection of the incident which we talked about on here is either clouded by your own Mayday tipple or you were talking to another couple with the same problem... there's a lot of them on the Camel on Mayday. I wear a blue neckerchief to identify with the "peace" oss on the day, none of the paraphernalia,  and always have done, and wouldn't be seen dead socially in white trousers ever since I gave up cwicket.. Get your facts right, or I'll have to hand your arse on a plate yet again.

Nope I have a crystal clear memory of it.

I tell you point blank you are wrong, and you don't accept it. This is your goto fallback I've seen many times, when you are caught out by others on here. I know what clothes I wear in life Earwig, you don't. You're making a fool of yourself. That's your prerogative.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 am

lol! Rubbish. You left an open goal with your swipe at Czarks being a bobble hat wearer yet I clearly saw you in Obbyoss OSS uniform. You don't like looking like a two faced pompous twat but you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm laughing at you ballooning it over the bar. Couldn't score in a drugs pub. I haven't owned or worn a piece of white clothing for 15 years since a family funeral when we all wore white. And to repeat, I support the blue oss, not the red one in your oh so clear tiddled memory.
But of course I belong to some social groups, we all do. Are you saying everyone on the planet is a bobble hat ? I think you'll find there's a few more criteria to be ticked first.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Calm down sailor.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 12:23 am

Oooooh a Sailor.

Hello Sailor! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 12:58 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Calm down sailor.

Warning rage profile deletion on coming off the port side.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 8:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unsurprisingly Simon is apparently receiving quite a few unhappy tweets. Sulk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 10:22 am

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unsurprisingly Simon is apparently receiving quite a few unhappy tweets. Sulk

laugh Some good points made. Not many in support of DA there. Of the two that were, I wonder which one was Nool or big nose De-Lar. laugh
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 10:56 am

Wait until after we lose at Wimbledon. Then the tweets will be red hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Message to Simon Hallett.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next