akagreengull
Earwegoagain
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Message to Simon Hallett. Empty
PostSubject: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 9:43 am

Like many on ATD I welcomed you when you took over from James Brent. Like many I was also prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you some time to show that things will change at Home Park under your leadership. Let's be clear I am not asking for you to throw all your life savings at the club what I expect from any owner is that you and the board concentrate all your efforts on being as competitive a FOOTBALL TEAM as we are able with the support that we revive from the fans. Under James Brent's tenure the football has definately been way behind property speculation as the focal point of the club and from where I am sitting I can't see anything has changed under your ownership.
In the last seven years my support has gone from season ticket holder who never missed a home match and made about six away trips a year to slowly dwindling to two matches last year, one home, one away, and this season my boycott is absolute. I have neither seen nor heard anything from you to make me change my mind on this.
We are Plymouth Argyle, we are used to being shite what we can't stomach is being led by people with feck all interest in building a competitive squad of players especially when they can't even manage to build the thing that apparently all our time and resources are being spent on.
I feel sorry that you are carrying the can for the last seven years of the divisive and nasty James Brent but you could get the broom out and sweep the Home Park floors clean, I am still waiting.
Brents out,
Adams out,
Hallett out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 am

BOAOHO Laughing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 am

Am already accepting it will be Brentism mk2 at PAFC under the current board set up, fortunately I have more than enough alternative interests to lose sleep over it, shame but there we go. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 am

Same as you Earwego was intending to go to a couple of games this season, but I look at the webcams (when they are working) and I think I cant just face going up there.
Three seasons ago I went to most home games and it has dwindled since, personally I don't think Hallett gives a monkeys toss about heartfelt comments from supporters like ourselves as I said - shame, but there you go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 11:29 am

Simon has to buy out Brent as soon as possible and get rid off im totally before he can do anything of worth. 30% shares and a board of brenties is not ideal and been responsible for 7-8 ears of austerity and shite. Getting rid of the board and replacing them with people who had a clue what they are doing business wise, like football and can invest in the club along with a chairman to run it all along with Dunford with Hallet over seeing it all so his absence wont be a hindrance to the day to day running.

He has only been chairman for a month so im not gunning for him just yet im waiting to see what happens in january in terms of transfer budgets. Del Bhey i hope wont be thinking he has a job for life under hallet and if results and performances dont improve hallet will get rid of him as again this is the results business not senitel one, no one wants relegation they arent football fans let alone argyle ones if they do.

The clusterfuck has to be scrapped and a new stand with the corners built aswell that is actually new and gives the impression we are a club with ambition and not one who's owners and pensioner fans give thats cheap and cheerful with millions spent on nothing looking different. the rest of the clusterfuck i dont care about providing its not coming at the expense of the club or central park.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Like many on ATD I welcomed you when you took over from James Brent. Like many I was also prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you some time to show that things will change at Home Park under your leadership. Let's be clear I am not asking for you to throw all your life savings at the club what I expect from any owner is that you and the board concentrate all your efforts on being as competitive a FOOTBALL TEAM as we are able with the support that we revive from the fans. Under James Brent's tenure the football has definately been way behind property speculation as the focal point of the club and from where I am sitting I can't see anything has changed under your ownership.
In the last seven years my support has gone from season ticket holder who never missed a home match and made about six away trips a year to slowly dwindling to two matches last year, one home, one away, and this season my boycott is absolute. I have neither seen nor heard anything from you to make me change my mind on this.
We are Plymouth Argyle, we are used to being shite what we can't stomach is being led by people with feck all interest in building a competitive squad of players especially when they can't even manage to build the thing that apparently all our time and resources are being spent on.
I feel sorry that you are carrying the can for the last seven years of the divisive and nasty James Brent but you could get the broom out and sweep the Home Park floors clean, I am still waiting.
Brents out,
Adams out,
Hallett out.
well said that man Thumbs I for one never been keen of hallett either still lots of unanswered questions for my liking and as for keeping the Brent’s on the board says it really his backed there shit for the last 2years got a bad bad feeling we’re in for pretty much the same shit under hallett
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm

The problem regarding any potential Hallett-driven investment in the playing squad, is that so long as Brent has even the slightest whiff of it maybe happening, then he’ll be holding on to his 30%.

This is the flaw in not having a ‘spread’ of reasonably monied or walleted Directors. We all know there’s absolute zero chance of Mr 30% putting in any of his newly accrued bonus share profits. So that leaves Hallett as the sole potential investor, while Brent sits back as a potential beneficiary of someone else risking their cash. Trademark Brent innit.

I’m not sure what the solution is. If I put myself in Halletts shoes I’d sure as hell be questioning why nearly a third of any uplift in share value should be going to someone who contributes nothing.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Brents out,
Adams out,
Hallett out.

RegGreen wrote:

well said that man Thumbs I for one never been keen of hallett either still lots of unanswered questions for my liking and as for keeping the Brent’s on the board says it really his backed there shit for the last 2years got a bad bad feeling we’re in for pretty much the same shit under hallett

You want answers?  Why not go and ask him yourself, or at least write:

Official PAFC on baggo wrote:

"In conjunction with the upcoming visit of our chairman, we will holding a Fans' Forum in the Green Taverners Suite on December 6. Simon and fellow director Michael Dunford will address topics raised by the Green Army, and Head of Stadium Redevelopment (Operations) Jon Back will be there to answer questions specifically regarding the development of Home Park.

Doors will open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm start and the bar will be open. For those who are unable to attend but would like their question to be answered by the Board, please email your question to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and type “Forum” into the subject box".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chairman's chat on baggo wrote:

"That is it from me for now. I plan to pen a blog roughly monthly. I know they will not please everyone, and I know there will always be more information that some of you will want, and less information than others desire. There will be some things which, for sensible business and operational reasons, cannot be disclosed.

But, please, send your feedback to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]".

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 pm

In fact Rickler I might just go along and ask them unanswered questions..but expect it will be the same answers his mate brent been spewing out all these years ..well somethink very much similar along the same lines but we shall see won’t we
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Rickler wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:
Brents out,
Adams out,
Hallett out.

RegGreen wrote:

You want answers?  Why not go and ask him yourself, or at least write:

Official PAFC on baggo wrote:

"In conjunction with the upcoming visit of our chairman, we will holding a Fans' Forum in the Green Taverners Suite on December 6. Simon and fellow director Michael Dunford will address topics raised by the Green Army, and Head of Stadium Redevelopment (Operations) Jon Back will be there to answer questions specifically regarding the development of Home Park.

Doors will open at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm start and the bar will be open. For those who are unable to attend but would like their question to be answered by the Board, please email your question to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and type “Forum” into the subject box".

Chairman's chat on baggo wrote:

"That is it from me for now. I plan to pen a blog roughly monthly. I know they will not please everyone, and I know there will always be more information that some of you will want, and less information than others desire. There will be some things which, for sensible business and operational reasons, cannot be disclosed.

But, please, send your feedback to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]".

going by this quote his already thinking about swerving questions already
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Transparency is a wonderful thing.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:58 pm

RegGreen wrote:
In fact Rickler I might just go along and ask them unanswered questions..but expect it will be the same answers his mate brent been spewing out all these years ..well somethink very much similar along the same linesbut we shall see won’t we

We will only 'see', if you actually do go and ask your questions..

As for "expect it will be the same answers his mate brent been spewing out all these years.." If you don't believe the truthfulness of the answers, then take the person you think is bullshitting you to task, giving your reasons why...

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 pm

So SH has been 'in Command' for a 'dog watch' and it's 'Court Martial time'. Sad! Give him a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 10:48 pm

tigertony wrote:
So SH has been 'in Command' for a 'dog watch' and it's 'Court Martial time'. Sad! Give him a chance.

i agree with you its only been a month he should be having people out for his blood already!!! what did peple realistically expect to happen in a month honestly?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 11:12 pm

What I'd expect is at least a statement of intent. I'd at least expect some sort of action on the projects in hand. What I didn't want to hear is that Brent is doing a great job I will be following the same model which is making Argyle look like a rudderless ship heading for the lower leagues. This is all I have to judge Hallett on, until anything changes neither will my opinion. Clubs have a buzz which is easy to pick up on Argyle sound like a dormant hive. Rudderless ship. Sort it out prove me wrong but don't just carry on the Brentmare it's going to end in certain failiure.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 11:55 pm

well adams has made a statement of intent

We’ve got 26 big games to go and I’m looking forward to it. Obviously, we’ve lost against Oxford but that performance, plus against Fleetwood, Gillingham, Sunderland, proves that we’re going to get ourselves moving up the league.

"We need a bit of good fortune to get ourselves going and probably the officiating to help us because the consistency didn’t help with the time-wasting from Oxford. It is the nature of the game but up to the referee to sort that out." - Derek Adams

so saturday was the refs fault,,,,
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am

Adams is deluded
Is there in professional football a club that is run in a more disorderly chaotic shambles than ours
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 7:34 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Adams is deluded
Is there in professional football a club that is run in a more disorderly chaotic shambles than ours

No not even Blackpool were this bad were they?

But yes Adams is deluded,
Maybe we need to get his dad to have a word in his ear so he gets the hint,
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 am

Not good is it a deluded team manager/director of football with a five year contract and seemingly unsackable.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 8:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
What I'd expect is at least a statement of intent. I'd at least expect some sort of action on the projects in hand. What I didn't want to hear is that Brent is doing a great job I will be following the same model which is making Argyle look like a rudderless ship heading for the lower leagues. This is all I have to judge Hallett on, until anything changes neither will my opinion. Clubs have a buzz which is easy to pick up on Argyle sound like a dormant hive. Rudderless ship. Sort it out prove me wrong but don't just carry on the Brentmare it's going to end in certain failiure.

Good Post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 8:37 am

Even things under McCauley felt on the up when Warnock was able to bring in Ade Littlejohn. It then felt on the down when Warnock first fell out with the chair over Corazin. These are the things people take note of, not some routine stadium maintenance of the floodlights that gets headlines these days. Anything else is pointless and designed to mislead, as were the Q and As with Jimmy...." I've never given any thought to buying the stadium". ATD even had it's own question forum LOL. How did that go ?  
Hallett has already stated little will change. I can see a change already, the new chair is hardly ever here. That's all we have to go on, bar Derek's wonderful football and his pass the parcel blame game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 am

Not to forget Ricklers perfectly reasonable question, which got answered by a pathetic tantrum.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 am

Which begs the question what is the point in asking questions? Just get a load of guff that the lap dogs can try and digest and turn into facts about what a great guy we have at the helm.
Hallett may have only been here a month but he has had all summer whilst trying to negotiate Brent out of the hot seat to come up with a plan. He's been at the club for a couple of years now so if he doesn't have a plan now he never willl.
I'm sure we have the most easily pleased fanbase in all four leagues. Even with an obvious slide into league 2 looming and quite possibly followed by our first foray into non league football ever and Im being told to give the guy a chance. Here's been here ages, hes had his chance to pick the club up and he's done feck all, Hallett deserves abuse hopefully it will wake the twat up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The problem regarding any potential Hallett-driven investment in the playing squad, is that so long as Brent has even the slightest whiff of it maybe happening, then he’ll be holding on to his 30%.

This is the flaw in not having a ‘spread’ of reasonably monied or walleted Directors. We all know there’s absolute zero chance of Mr 30% putting in any of his newly accrued bonus share profits. So that leaves Hallett as the sole potential investor, while Brent sits back as a potential beneficiary of someone else risking their cash. Trademark Brent innit.

I’m not sure what the solution is. If I put myself in Halletts shoes I’d sure as hell be questioning why nearly a third of any uplift in share value should be going to someone who contributes nothing.

Exactly........ The only chance the club has of breaking the current corporate 'mould', is if SH recognises the problem and persuades a real investor to join him and ditch brent. If he doesn't, the embarrasing avivafest continues. It's almost 10 years since I was last at HP. Very sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. EmptyTue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Which begs the question what is the point in asking questions? Just get a load of guff that the lap dogs can try and digest and turn into facts about what a great guy we have at the helm.
Hallett may have only been here a month but he has had all summer whilst trying to negotiate Brent out of the hot seat to come up with a plan. He's been at the club for a couple of years now so if he doesn't have a plan now he never willl.
I'm sure we have the most easily pleased fanbase in all four leagues. Even with an obvious slide into league 2 looming and quite possibly followed by our first foray into non league football ever and Im being told to give the guy a chance. Here's been here ages, hes had his chance to pick the club up and he's done feck all, Hallett deserves abuse hopefully it will wake the twat up.

lol! I wholeheartedly agree with every word of that, especially the emboldened bit. Remember John Knott, the defence secretary, the man who actually blew a gasket and showed what these people really think when they're actually asked a proper question. A pointless exercise that amplifies the status of a few bob. I for one would never play that game. I don't see the gilets jaunes asking many questions of Macron.
It's Hallett that should be asking the questions, they're the newbies. It's not even their money, it's the club and it's supporters who raise all the cash.... the directors are just underwriters looking for an extra bunce on the back of what used to be an innocent community day out away from all this factory cap doffing.... "please sir, can we have some more ?"
Those who advocate this doffing should just tip their own cap.

Last edited by beesrus on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message to Simon Hallett.   Message to Simon Hallett. Empty

Back to top Go down

Message to Simon Hallett.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next