Yea Man
Les Miserable
Dingle
SteelCannon
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New Argyle director. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

What Hallett does from here on in is open to all sorts of speculation, but again for me, he’s the pivotal figure that has instigated a Brent withdrawal. No one seriously expects him to be all anti-Brent in his rhetoric. So for me it is actions rather than words -buying back the HHP land for PAFC as an example, that have led me to forming my Hallett opinion.

Others may think that unless he’s calling Brent a Cnut, then he’s a wrong’un. Each to their own.

I don't expect there to be anything other than civil language between the two, as they've been on the same page for 2 years, especially regarding the mankover, and maybe even the austerity too, given Hallett's comments.  
I  suspect that brent selling part of HHP back to the club was a condition of brent's before releasing control, and not a demand of Hallett's. Quite a different thing.
It's known  brent got little to no response when looking for investors to build his latest office block folly.  So, he had a one time opportunity to sell it back for whatever he could make while he had the leverage with his neighbours.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm delighted the club has bought back that land, a real bonus. Hallett will get my thumbs up if and when the reasoning becomes clear, and not before. This latest director thing doesn't bode well.

Better stick a few caveats in there Bees this could go either way. lol!

Just as I see it earwig. Believe me or no, I'm also an optimist flower
I actually welcomed Brent to the club with open arms seeing as he was part of an underwritten "PFI" initiative with the council. How wrong was I. I thought Adams had been badly treated at Ross. Now that jury is out too in the hive, especially having read ex-player stories.
Caveats or no, my opinion of Hallett stems purely from him being ready to get into bed with brent. That in itself rings alarm bells in the hive. And it does't help when he deploys the old Toddesque I used to live in Plymouth once routine. When actually over here, he lives right next to brent, up the A38 .
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:09 am

I try to play everything down the middle regarding James Brent....just weigh up my opinion from the facts I see.

The Facts I see here is Brent shipping in his 22 year old daughter to a seat on the board (because he says so) to look after his 30% holding in PAFC.....and really announcing that she needs to be there because he will be jumping ship completely soon.... and he isn't sure he can trust Hallett to keep him informed on Board policy without him having a representative present in the future.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:21 am

Not a bad summary zyph, and could well be spot on.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 am

For once Zyph has made a pertinent point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:46 am

So, it's not Natasha, it's the hugely qualified Ivanka Brent now.  Of course she's looking after her Dad's best interests, they're the same thing.  

I love it how the neutral "straight bat" always, somehow, inexplicably, weirdly seems to favour the established incumbent in anything. lol!
That's how conservatism with a small c works Zippo.
Anyone who represents the fan's face pressed up to the window is wildly slashing outside the off stump of course without due regard to the captain's instructions..
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:50 am

Geoff Boycott always did well with a straight bat even if it took an age. laugh
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, the irony. Very Happy

When did that obnoxious POS return anyway ? I thought he'd been banned from the farm for being an obnoxious POS.

Just updated the avatar BTW Very Happy

Last edited by Lord Melbury on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

When did that obnoxious POS return anyway ? I thought he'd been banned from the farm for being an obnoxious POS.

He wasn't banned, he apparently stepped down as a mod, but obviously continued to mod under whichever alias mod account he used and once everyone had forgotten about he resumed modding from his Angrey Andy account.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:34 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

Angry Andy lol!

Guy is a comedy act and nice to see his resignation as a mod didn't last long lol!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:44 pm

I see the same lynchmob mentality prevails on PASOTI against anyone who dares to criticise 'The Brent's'.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see the same lynchmob mentality prevails on PASOTI against anyone who dares to criticise 'The Brent's'.

She might not be a cnut but her dad is .
Anyone with the Brent gene in them should realise they aren't gonna get an easy ride here.

Well not so easy now Webb's resigned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Jethro wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Anyone with the Brent gene in them should realise they aren't gonna get an easy ride here.

booted out
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

booted out

That may as well be,
But if the rumour about nool taking his place is true why boot one of the Windsor boys out for the other...

I was hoping for a new beginning but with two brents on the board still and potentially Nool as president, the last 7 years are gonna be lingering like a bad smell,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

booted out

That may as well be,
But if the rumour about nool taking his place is true why boot one of the Windsor boys out for the other...

I was hoping for a new beginning but with two brents on the board still and potentially Nool as president, the last 7 years are gonna be lingering like a bad smell,

It would say it almost certainly isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

booted out

That may as well be,

It would say it almost certainly isn't true.

I hope it isn't but after the last 7 years of bullshit on and off the pitch, at club level or psychotic oap forum owners,
Its hard to know what to believe
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:28 pm

I think someone is pulling someone's plonker over that piece of shite being president next.

Just a good job Webby got booted and he didn't get his claws on the new blood.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 pm

No way would they even try to make Nool Pres. Not even Brent is as stupid as that, as an avid reader of pasoti he must see what an utter shite the man is even if he's too dim to realise it having to attend games with him. I never really got the friendship between the Lifelong Argyle fan and the Man Utd fan anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 4:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Geoff Boycott always did well with a straight bat even if it took an age. laugh

And don't forget the master bore, Ken bleddy Barrington. affraid I wasted half my youth watching him creep to his fifty.
I was more of a Ted Dexter type, myself.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Indeed seeing as Webbo wuz finished rodgering the Journalists wife he was avidly searching around for fresh meat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
No way would they even try to make Nool Pres. Not even Brent is as stupid as that, as an avid reader of pasoti he must see what an utter shite the man is even if he's too dim to realise it having to attend games with him. I never really got the friendship between the Lifelong Argyle fan and the Man Utd fan anyway.

Nool wouldn't want it anyway, I suspect he was offered something at the outset but he's self aware enough to know that he'd make a tit of himself the minute he opened his mouth and that he's not that popular anyway. He's happy enough with a free lunch and seat in the dorectors box and the impression of being someone important.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:28 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! The Kiwi Cock, a bigger fraud than the Cornish Cock! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Indeed seeing as Webbo wuz finished rodgering the Journalists wife he was avidly searching around for fresh meat

Journalists wife?!

That's a new one on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

He is an angry pos but in response to his halletts brother in law comment, John Morgan is a businessman who has his uses along with knowledge
and know how and there to protect simon hallett's interest where as natasha is simply there to protect daddys interests and has no buisness knowledge and know how to call apon that will benefit the club much like daddy. While i accept Natasha is young so wont have as much if any business knowledge and know how putting her on the board when the place is already full screams to me that she is there as zyph says only sadly.

i sense a power struggle happening.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:05 pm

All the chatter about Newell for President is absolute bollox.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

He is an angry pos but in response to his halletts brther in law comment, John Morgan is a businessman who has his uses along with knowledge
and knowhow and there to protect simon hallett's interest where as natasha is simply there to protect daddys interests and has no buisness knowledge and knowhow to call apon that will benefit the club much like daddy.

The farm attacks on Hallett have started early then.

But what you said re the daughter and the brother in law is completely correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Argyle director.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next