Dingle
SteelCannon
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New Argyle director. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:40 pm

beesrus wrote:
You can bet your bottom dollar the Halletts have agreed to this appointment for some time,

cheers Geddon BeeZzzzzzzz.......

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:47 pm

But anyway....if this move hastens her Papa's exit from the Boardroom then it'll be worth it. She can then just blend with the other bland magnolia do-nothing figures we have sat around the table.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the Brent dynasty continues - PAFC rotten to the core.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:10 pm

A 22 year old girl WTF is she possibly going to bring to the table? Is it bring your daughter to work day? Or is it work experience week? Hallett asking the brentmare to stay on is bad enough and now this appointment. Hallett is currently nosediving in my estimations.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
A 22 year old girl WTF is she possibly going to bring to the table?  Is it bring your daughter to work day?  Or is it work experience week?  Hallett asking the brentmare to stay on is bad enough and now this appointment.  Hallett is currently nosediving in my estimations.
Agree Bhey, its starting to look like another seven years of shite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Far too many optimistic unsubstantiated expectations of Hallett, who has the same vision for Argyle as brent senior.
I blame Harve on here for his tales of mega moon dust, and all that markets flim flam. How exotic, and mildly amusing to see it played out all over once again jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 pm

beesrus wrote:
Far too many optimistic unsubstantiated expectations of Hallett, who has the same vision for Argyle as brent senior.
I blame Harve on here for his tales of mega moon dust, and all that markets flim flam. How exotic, and mildly amusing to see it played out all over once again jocolor

That’s what it is Beez. Everyone expecting what Harve predicts. sunny

But back in the real world, for me, the front and central part Hallett has had in nullifying Brent’s controlling interest in PAFC, means for that alone he gets big big Kudos.

What Hallett does from here on in is open to all sorts of speculation, but again for me, he’s the pivotal figure that has instigated a Brent withdrawal. No one seriously expects him to be all anti-Brent in his rhetoric. So for me it is actions rather than words - buying back the HHP land for PAFC as an example, that have led me to forming my Hallett opinion.

Others may think that unless he’s calling Brent a Cnut, then he’s a wrong’un. Each to their own.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 pm

We will get an idea over the next few months which course the good ship Argyle is sailing under captain Hallet, hopefully not into rough waters or onto the rocks.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:

But back in the real world, for me, the front and central part Hallett has had in nullifying Brent’s controlling interest in PAFC, means for that alone he gets big big Kudos.

What Hallett does from here on in is open to all sorts of speculation, but again for me, he’s the pivotal figure that has instigated a Brent withdrawal. No one seriously expects him to be all anti-Brent in his rhetoric. So for me it is actions rather than words - buying back the HHP land for PAFC as an example, that have led me to forming my Hallett opinion.

Others may think that unless he’s calling Brent a Cnut, then he’s a wrong’un. Each to their own.

Pretty much where I am on his. That said his is a feckin awful appointment which makes you wonder how Interested Pa Hallett really is. Maybe Bob Foale could ask some searching questions for us? Or more likely hell release a statement welcomeing Tash to the top table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:35 pm

We must be the only club that hires utter no ones with no money just to tick demographic boxes and promote nepotism.

village till  the end. Looks will will never be rid of those paracites from house brent.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm not concerned about the gender of board members, just fail to see what a 22 year old whose only work experience seems to be as assistant project manager on the refurb will bring to the table. Maybe she'll turn out to be another Karen Brady, though I fear not.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:39 pm

I'm not worried about her gender either more her genetics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Dingle wrote:
I'm not concerned about the gender of board members, just fail to see what a 22 year old whose only work experience seems to be as assistant project manager on the refurb will bring to the table.  Maybe she'll turn out to be another Karen Brady, though I fear not.  

a refurb thats an absolute clusterfuck thanks to her dad being skint is that really good enough to make a director these day i dont think so. I find it strange how brents last act as chairman was to appoint his daughter so he could have some swing in the boardroom when simon takes over.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:48 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
She's posh and apparently argo mad according to the old family retainer, thats good enough to be on the Board of Englands village club.

As Viv Stanshall put it, Old Scrotum the wrinkled retainer.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Quite simply no other supporters in the football league would put up with this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Maybe this is why Webby was removed as president before Tasha was appointed.  New young blood for him and all that.

Yep Webbo definately couldnt be trusted not with his silver tongue and ultra slippery bazooka
ultra slippery bazooka laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:04 am

beesrus wrote:

Bees this appointment is appalling simple as. Totally agree

However its got bugger all to do with whatever Simon Hallett is packing in the wealth department. Am telling you he's minted

Bit bemused that some cant grasp what I was saying previously. People with serious wealth (forget this miniscule £5 million loan) do not associate themselves with dross like Argyle unless they have every intention of turning things around.

Give the fella 12 months from tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:20 am

Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Well said that man.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:20 am

Brent does what he wants regardless of who votes against him in the boardroom, never more evident with the hybrid application which led to resignations. This appointment seems like his final act as chairman to protect his 'family interests', despicable if so and a sign there could be further boardroom strife ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:50 am

Czarcasm wrote:

What Hallett does from here on in is open to all sorts of speculation, but again for me, he’s the pivotal figure that has instigated a Brent withdrawal. No one seriously expects him to be all anti-Brent in his rhetoric. So for me it is actions rather than words -buying back the HHP land for PAFC as an example, that have led me to forming my Hallett opinion.

I don't expect there to be anything other than civil language between the two, as they've been on the same page for 2 years, especially regarding the mankover, and maybe even the austerity too, given Hallett's comments.
I  suspect that brent selling part of HHP back to the club was a condition of brent's before releasing control, and not a demand of Hallett's. Quite a different thing.
It's known  brent got little to no response when looking for investors to build his latest office block folly.  So, he had a one time opportunity to sell it back for whatever he could make while he had the leverage with his neighbours.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm delighted the club has bought back that land, a real bonus. Hallett will get my thumbs up if and when the reasoning becomes clear, and not before. This latest director thing doesn't bode well.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:04 am

It's known brent got little to no response when looking for investors to build his latest office block folly. So, he had a one time opportunity to sell it back for whatever he could make while he had the leverage with his neighbours.

A very good point Bees, Brent the arch opportunist.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:13 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Bees this appointment is appalling simple as. Totally agree

However its got bugger all to do with whatever Simon Hallett is packing in the wealth department. Am telling you he's minted

Bit bemused that some cant grasp what I was saying previously. People with serious wealth (forget this miniscule £5 million loan) do not associate themselves with dross like Argyle unless they have every intention of turning things around.

Give the fella 12 months from tomorrow

I think we get that Harve e.g Brent is an opportunist shyster who spends others money and Hallett is comparatively "minted" but it doesn't mean to say he is willing to spend some of his wealth at a fairly unsuccessful third/fourth division football club, even if he claims to be a lifelong fan.

I admire your optimism, hope it is well founded, but nope the new appt doesn't bode well.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:38 am

beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

What Hallett does from here on in is open to all sorts of speculation, but again for me, he’s the pivotal figure that has instigated a Brent withdrawal. No one seriously expects him to be all anti-Brent in his rhetoric. So for me it is actions rather than words -buying back the HHP land for PAFC as an example, that have led me to forming my Hallett opinion.

I don't expect there to be anything other than civil language between the two, as they've been on the same page for 2 years, especially regarding the mankover, and maybe even the austerity too, given Hallett's comments.  
I  suspect that brent selling part of HHP back to the club was a condition of brent's before releasing control, and not a demand of Hallett's. Quite a different thing.
It's known  brent got little to no response when looking for investors to build his latest office block folly.  So, he had a one time opportunity to sell it back for whatever he could make while he had the leverage with his neighbours.
Don't get me wrong though, I'm delighted the club has bought back that land, a real bonus. Hallett will get my thumbs up if and when the reasoning becomes clear, and not before. This latest director thing doesn't bode well.

Better stick a few caveats in there Bees this could go either way. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am

Likes horses. And recommends horses ter go on "hunts".

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 9:03 am

Daughter in and Felwick walked? Mmmh, strange times indeed - hope I'm right in giving Hallett some time. Very little making sense up there these days!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Argyle director.   New Argyle director. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Argyle director.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next