seadog
Big Robby
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 am

Given that Hallett has colluded with Brent for 2 years just as Stapleton colluded with Todd, I find the optimism re Hallett unfounded. The mankover is still a mankover and the team underfunded with, apparently, little change likely according to the new chair. Even the buy back of part of HHP is conditional on something, what , we do not know. It all may be just more of the same. I await Hallett' to show his hand. In the meantime, he's a Brent apologist who may well have been the joint architect of the present fiasco. More the worry of a present day capitalIst CEO than Brent's preferred squirehood. Quite a different animal
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:24 am

For me Hallett has to be an improvement over brent as it would be very difficult for him to be worse.  Just being better than brent doesn't make Hallett right for Argo but will give him time before I make a judgement whether he is worthy of being custodian.  Although saying austerity will continue when the team is rock bottom of the division facing certain relegation because of austerity doesn't inspire confidence.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 am

Will Argyle take note...that Mrs May has declared that with brexit austerity will be over.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:40 am

Freathy wrote:
For me Hallett has to be an improvement over brent as it would be very difficult for him to be worse.  Just being better than brent doesn't make Hallett right for Argo but will give him time before I make a judgement whether he is worthy of being custodian.  Although saying austerity will continue when the team is rock bottom of the division facing certain relegation because of austerity doesn't inspire confidence.

This basically. However I don't get the collusion angle. Hallett could have bought Brent out and delivered the ice shed and associated crap shacks, he could have gone halfy halfy with Brent but he got he car park back appaza for PAFC. That doesn't sound like collusion to me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Talk about hypocrisy, some ATD posters readily state they haven’t been to HP for some time and won’t under the current regime which is their right and that’s ok, but someone who is unable to attend perhaps due to location are chastised, most strange.

.Simon Hallett hasn't taken over yet....but their sights are set on him already.....hey ho... that's life on the dark side.

I wouldnt agree with that Zyph.... The Harve has been pretty vocal as to giving him 12 months from November to see what hes all about
We'll see absolutely no wild claims from it as to the way forward until the Brent is ousted from the hot seat with lip wobbling violently

Then look out....

Just ignore him Harve, Zippy doesn't like ATD or ATDers and whilst as far as I can see only Bees has already decided Hallett is a Squire and hence a wrongun that gives Zippy carte Blanche to paint us all with his negativity brush. I'm pretty sure that 99% of us are delighted to see Brent going and are prepared to give Hallett a chance.
Talking about negativity it's hard to find positivity when your team has won one in twelve and is all but bottom of the league but hey ho old farts like farting.

Took the words outta my mouth, Ears.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:40 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
zyph wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
I'm finding it hard to comprehend we're even discussing the dreaded 'A' word - again!

Because it's more fun than backing the team they say they support.....negativity is easier to do than being positive for ATDers.
You've not been to Home Park in thirty five years, thats pretty negative.
... and what? Perhaps there is a reason someone can't get to games.

Who are you anyway Tony?

If you are who I think you are you've changed your tune on Brent so many times it's unbelievable.

You have politicians that change sides all the time, your that person in the football supporters world.

Clueless.
Never changed my tune about JB. I can take him or leave him and have always said that. We've had the discussion about fans not being able to attend many times before and frankly it's boring. Sleep
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:40 pm

I choose not to go to home park and put money into JB’s pocket. I do go to away games when I can.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Talk about hypocrisy, some ATD posters readily state they haven’t been to HP for some time and won’t under the current regime which is their right and that’s ok, but someone who is unable to attend perhaps due to location are chastised, most strange.

.Simon Hallett hasn't taken over yet....but their sights are set on him already.....hey ho... that's life on the dark side.

I wouldnt agree with that Zyph.... The Harve has been pretty vocal as to giving him 12 months from November to see what hes all about
We'll see absolutely no wild claims from it as to the way forward until the Brent is ousted from the hot seat with lip wobbling violently

Then look out....

Just ignore him Harve, Zippy doesn't like ATD or ATDers and whilst as far as I can see only Bees has already decided Hallett is a Squire and hence a wrongun that gives Zippy carte Blanche to paint us all with his negativity brush. I'm pretty sure that 99% of us are delighted to see Brent going and are prepared to give Hallett a chance.
Talking about negativity it's hard to find positivity when your team has won one in twelve and is all but bottom of the league but hey ho old farts like farting.

exactly most if not all on here are backing Hallett bar bees so zyph is making i up that atd is against him. Only time will tell what hallett's premiership s going to bring for us next January will be a good indication as to his intentions going forward.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Add me to that list I’ve never been a fan of hallett still a few unanswered questions for my liking from the silent one
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am

David Felwick had a track record of delivery and leadership of major projects and businesses in one of the most competitive industries. He would have been a very safe pair of hands in the transition of ownership at the end of this month. So what happens now?

Allegedly, one of the decisions that came out of the last Board Meeting was for Directors to take executive responsibility for certain elements of the Football Club. Putting team matters aside for the moment responsibility delivery of the Grandstand has allegedly fallen to James Brent and the current Head of Operations, Jon Back. Any objective assessment of how the delivery has progressed so far would lead to understandable concern. The pragmatism of the Council has allowed the Grandstand alone to proceed whilst technical matters and amendments to the original consent remain to be signed off by the Council after several months.

Essential pre-planning seems to have been overlooked. Hence, the hurried installation (without consent) of the temporary changing rooms. The manager’s office has been changed four times and it has been left to the GTs to provide his current facility. The team use the GTs facilities for meals, team talks, academy, and community events. Simply, without the GTs the football club would not be functioning. The Club in return have inexplicably delayed in signing off and getting planning permission for their supporter’s bar proposal.

Much has been said about the playing budget. Derek Adams is on record in saying it has been increased. By any judgement the recruitment and delivery of that budget has fallen way below expectation. Apparently, Michael Denford stated at the Senior Greens that 90% of it has been spent with the balance reserved for the January window.

Last season saw attendances average 9,500 - the highest since the Championship days. An enhanced playing budget must be based on an expectation of similar attendances this season despite the turmoil of the changes at Home Park which would obviously having a diminished impact on commercial and hospitality income. We are already around 8% below the average and the last attendance was something like 15% below average. Burton are hardly going top be a big draw.

Falling attendances, reduced commmercial and hospitality income all point to financial issues ahead. Thankfully, we have a new Chairman that has deep enough pockets to ensure financial survival. However, his arrival as Chairman looks like it is to coincide with a ‘perfect storm’ of on pitch and off pitch issues. He has some very difficult decisions to make. I cannot imagine James Brent will end his tenure as Chairman by relieving Derek Adams of his duties. no-one outside the club knows whether our Head of Football has a contract with break clauses. One thing for sure is that the replacement of the management team and installation of another will cost and certainly won’t be part of any budget.

So Simon Hallett has a number of challenges ahead all of which will hit his pocket. I do not imagine for one moment that he and his wife ever envisaged these circumstances and the impending ‘perfect storm’ when they generously agreed what they then believed was the cost of the Grandstand redevelopment. What he does deserve is time to resolve the issues and the unwavering support of the Argyle fan base in doing so. He has time to do so and I hope that when he is over in the UK shortly he calls a fans forum to explain openly and honestly on how he is going to achieve it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:19 am

Very well put.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:21 am

And make no mistake without the Halletts we'd be staring into the abyss at another admin or even liquidation, what a mess.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 am

Graham Clark wrote:
David Felwick had a track record of delivery and leadership of major projects and businesses in one of the most competitive industries. He would have been a very safe pair of hands in the transition of ownership at the end of this month. So what happens now?

Allegedly, one of the decisions that came out of the last Board Meeting was for Directors to take executive  responsibility for certain elements of the Football Club. Putting team matters aside for the moment  responsibility delivery of the Grandstand has allegedly fallen to James Brent and the current Head of Operations, Jon Back. Any objective assessment of how the delivery has progressed so far would lead to understandable concern. The pragmatism of the Council has allowed the Grandstand alone to proceed whilst technical matters and amendments to the original consent remain to be signed off by the Council after several months.

Essential pre-planning seems to have been overlooked. Hence, the hurried installation (without consent) of the temporary changing rooms. The manager’s office has been changed four times and it has been left to the GTs to provide his current facility. The team use the GTs facilities for meals, team talks, academy, and community events. Simply, without the GTs the football club would not be functioning. The Club in return have inexplicably delayed in signing off and getting planning permission for their supporter’s bar proposal.

Much has been said about the playing budget. Derek Adams is on record in saying it has been increased. By any judgement the recruitment and delivery of that budget has fallen way below expectation. Apparently, Michael Denford stated at the Senior Greens that 90% of it has been spent with the balance reserved for the January window.

Last season saw attendances average 9,500 - the highest since the Championship days. An enhanced playing budget must be based on an expectation of similar attendances this season despite the turmoil of the changes at Home Park which would obviously having a diminished impact on commercial and hospitality income. We are already around 8% below the average and the last attendance was something like 15% below average. Burton are hardly going top be a big draw.

Falling attendances, reduced commmercial and hospitality income all point to financial issues ahead. Thankfully, we have a new Chairman that has deep enough pockets to ensure financial survival. However, his arrival as Chairman looks like it is to coincide with a ‘perfect storm’ of on pitch and off pitch issues. He has some very difficult decisions to make. I cannot imagine James Brent will end his tenure as Chairman by relieving Derek Adams of his duties. no-one outside the club knows whether our Head of Football has a contract with break clauses. One thing for sure is that the replacement of the management team and installation of another will cost and certainly won’t be part of any budget.

So Simon Hallett has a number of challenges ahead all of which will hit his pocket. I do not imagine for one moment that he and his wife ever envisaged these circumstances and the impending ‘perfect storm’ when they generously agreed what they then believed was the cost of the Grandstand redevelopment. What he does deserve is time to resolve the issues and the unwavering support of the Argyle fan base in doing so. He has time to do so and I hope that when he is over in the UK shortly he calls a fans forum to explain openly and honestly on how he is going to achieve it.
Very interesting Graham, thanks for sharing it with us. The club is a total shambles which ever way you look and to think Back, was ever going to deliver a smooth running refurb on this scale was a joke they guy has proved himself to be out of his depth and Clueless what track record did he have for delivering any type of successful project?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 am

So boils down to Hallett has to spend some money,only he knows if he is prepared to do that, probably to save the club on and off the pitch, rather concerning that only 10% of the budget is reserved for the Jan window.
A 'perfect storm' indeed, I know where the fingers should be pointing.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am

Thank you Graham for painting the overall picture - though it's very sad reading, JB seems to make a habit of getting into a fix and then being rescued by others without any personal loss whatsoever. It seems that the council and the GTs (yet again) and the Halletts are the shining knights this time.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:44 am

Cheers Graham, your input is always appreciated here.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 am

So the rumoured financial problems could actually be true despite bellends like Army Green and the usual Pasoti green tints crying otherwise Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 am

Thankyou Graham, all the little tit bits this site has been picking up and rubbishing by the farm seems to be more in to it then we all realised
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:59 am

Yea Man wrote:
So the rumoured financial problems could actually be true despite bellends like Army Green and the usual Pasoti green tints crying otherwise Laughing

Anyone who has any experience in business knows that cash flow is everything, falling crowds equal less cash flow equals problems paying wages, it's been the death of many a business. Job to see what savings can be made to cover a shortfall of 1500 fans though?
My main incredulity at GCs missive is the fact that Brent has been put in charge of the grandstand refurb. Pmsl he's the last person I would have chosen but it does explain the lack of progress.
Please Graham get someone to post that on the farm.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:02 am

its on Freechat now.

Fridge is stocked up, Hula Hoops (BBQ Beef) are here.
Im up for some keyboard [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] over there.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:06 am

One way to claw a little of the 100k back is to turn over the entire Barn Park to Sunderland next month. They'll sell it easily and at £24 a pop.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 am

All this Brenty arse licking is unbelievable. Even with masses of undeniable evidence on show they turn their focus on us for daring to say what is and what will happen under Brent's stewardship. If we did go tits up again I'm sure we would get the blame as well.
Anyone else spot the Conehead multi?
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:19 am

im all for a bit of lefty,equalty niceness but them sadact caaants on the Senior Greens bus need a good kick in the fanny.

Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 am

#SHITARTIST wrote:
im all for a bit of lefty,equalty niceness  but them sadact caaants on the Senior Greens bus need a good kick in the fanny.

An all you can eat senior greens breakfast is as close as his lordship jamboy gets now to the hallowed hot fork buffet.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 am

Bob Crow wrote:
#SHITARTIST wrote:
im all for a bit of lefty,equalty niceness  but them sadact caaants on the Senior Greens bus need a good kick in the fanny.

An all you can eat senior greens breakfast is as close as his lordship jamboy gets now to the hallowed hot fork buffet.

Nice to see him in his rightful spot amongst the fellow pensioners and not freeloading from the club any longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman   Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Hallett to take over as Chairman
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next