Freathy
Tgwu
RegGreen
Dick Trickle
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:29 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
One nil down after 18 mins, Freddie has missed two good chances, Chuck Norris doing commentary on radio Dem.
I cant understand why the striker we signed from the Southend Job centre is crap? its a complete mystery to me.

No No No Derek Adams said we'd have a hard job to hold on to him
One of the reasons I asked yesterday if Del had £5 million at his disposal could you trust him to spend it wisely

Surely Dyson or Fletcher are worth a run at the top end. We cannot be any worse

from what I saw of Dyson he is hopeless
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:41 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
One nil down after 18 mins, Freddie has missed two good chances, Chuck Norris doing commentary on radio Dem.
I cant understand why the striker we signed from the Southend Job centre is crap? its a complete mystery to me.

One of the reasons I asked yesterday if Del had £5 million at his disposal could you trust him to spend it wisely

Which begs the question why was he signed and why was Adams after him for an extensive time
You cant trust Adams judgement. None of his 11 close seasons signing are worthy of mention
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am

Listening to the game last night and watching that it is clear that Macey kept us in the game, the second Lepado miss is probably one of the misses of the season so far, and the defence was much much improved.
Glimmer of hope ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 am

So, the pressing has improved and god forbid, Adams has decided to camp 10 yards higher up the field. But it matters not a jot if your one soul up front can't hit a barn door or lay it off a la Taylor or Trigger. Thought I would look at Freddie's career to date, as some seem to like him. Oh dear. He's 25 already and there isn't a career. What made Adams go for this guy when Taylor's health was certainly in doubt. Another Banton flatterer that looks the part and little else. All these lower league clubs can't be wrong. Adams needs a replacement now, a main man, not someone brought in to be a bench warmer.  No point in waiting for Sir Ryan to arise and bemoaning your "luck". Playing reasonably well fiff faffing in the middle of the park and still not winning is not a good sign. Do something, and do it quick.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am

Greenskin wrote:
Good game and good performance from Argyle tonight,well worth the tenner. If Ladapo could finish as well as he plays in the build up then he would be a player but two bad misses cost Argyle dear. He did play a Tayloresque role in bringing others into the game though,especially Lameiras who was outstanding in the first half and well deserved his goal. Bit backs to the wall for the last half hour or so but Barnsley didn't really look that threatening with some excellent blocks and tackles from Songoo,Edwards and Grant-the latter two formed a pretty good bulwark,maybe something to build on there.Rather more encouraging but we've been here before and Argyle desperately need to win on Saturday-bit of a six pointer which presents an opportunity to keep in touch with the pack.

Agree with all of that, Greenskin. Thought Argyle deserved a point for a gutsy away performance. Barnsley have some decent footballers and it looked like they might overrun us at times, but Argyle also pressed well at times. Importantly, we came back out of the blocks well after half time.

Only a good point if we take 3 on Saturday.

Liked Oakwell and the Barnsley fans we chatted with after the game were all decent sorts.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am

akagreengull wrote:
Listening to the game last night and watching that it is clear that Macey kept us in the game, the second Lepado miss is probably one of the misses of the season so far, and the defence was much much improved.
Glimmer of hope ?

It will need to be the miracle of miracles to keep this collection of atrocious players up. Only glimmer of hope is if DA is allowed to bring in some L1 standard players in January. But I think well be too far adrift by then.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 1:11 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Which begs the question why was he signed and why was Adams after him for an extensive time
You cant trust Adams judgement. None of his 11 close seasons signing are worthy of mention

Why he shouldn't be trusted with money, if SH wants to up the playing budget ,
Adams has gone for quantity over quality it seems,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 2:12 pm

We will fail to attract the players that we need until the club redirects its focus from all the property to the football. No young hotshot is going to gamble his future coming to argyle in the near future when he could go to Luton, Peterborough or even Oxford FFS! I've written this season off really, new broom needed next year IF the board get their shit together and finish what Brent struggled to start. It's getting beyond a FOOKIN joke now.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 2:24 pm

I am sweating cider, gin and wine.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Jethro wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

If you take out the trainees (who won't be progressing playing Millbrook or Liskeard week in week out) and the unfortunate Burgoyne we have a squad of 24 which is pretty standard for this level. The fact they're mostly crocks and inexperienced gambles is down to the crap budget and Brent not allowing his manager to keep our better players contracted. If he had gone for quality we would've had the smallest squad in the league and would now be expecting our trainees to make the leap from playing their usual standard of opponent which to date no trainee has managed to make that leap during Brent's tenure. It's austerity across all levels that's hindering the manager, Sheridan faced exactly the same issues and called it a day a year early.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Good point gained...shame we only need another 40 to stay up lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Adams endorsed the austerity by signing up to at the time 5 more years of it.He is as culpable as brent and we are stuck with him and the dross he has signed,
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Very few in his position would've turned down that offer. People like Sheridan who has already made his money can afford to walk away, not a relative youngster like Adams.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Well he took the money, so he should know his role and shut his mouth , when the heat gets turned towards him.If this point isn't the start of a climb away from the bottom , If I was Hallett first thing I'd do day one is give him his p45.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:48 pm

we drew last night but the way some are acting you'd think we fecked the prom queen.

When we start winning we have turned a corner imo.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Angry wrote:
we drew last night but the way some are acting you'd think we fecked the prom queen.

When we start winning we have turned a corner imo.

Good Post Good Post Good Post Good Post Good Post
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Jethro wrote:
Well he took the money, so he should know his role and shut his mouth , when the heat gets turned towards him.If this point isn't the start of a climb away from the bottom , If I was Hallett first thing I'd do day one is give him his p45.

Sacking him should be an absolute last resort. If I was Hallett I'd be looking at getting the budget up to where it should be and hoping there's an unattached player or 2 who can come in and make a difference. I'd be looking at our medical team to see if it can be improved. I'd be assuring the manager if he gets through to the 2nd round of the FA cup we'll do our utmost to make sure proper travel arrangements are sorted including any extra nights in a hotel that might be required. I'd be expecting the manager to open contract talks with Lameiras and Edwards immediately. I'd be assuring Adams that the sole purpose of this football club is the fecking football...
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Sacking him should be an absolute last resort.  If I was Hallett I'd be looking at getting the budget up to where it should be and hoping there's an unattached player or 2 who can come in and make a difference.  I'd be looking at our medical team to see if it can be improved.  I'd be assuring the manager if he gets through to the 2nd round of the FA cup we'll do our utmost to make sure proper travel arrangements are sorted including any extra nights in a hotel that might be required.  I'd be expecting the manager to open contract talks with Lameiras and Edwards immediately.  I'd be assuring Adams that the sole purpose of this football club is the fecking football...
Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 8:33 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Jethro wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

If you take out the trainees (who won't be progressing playing Millbrook or Liskeard week in week out) and the unfortunate Burgoyne we have a squad of 24 which is pretty standard for this level.  The fact they're mostly crocks and inexperienced gambles is down to the crap budget and Brent not allowing his manager to keep our better players contracted.  If he had gone for quality we would've had the smallest squad in the league and would now be expecting our trainees to make the leap from playing their usual standard of opponent which to date no trainee has managed to make that leap during Brent's tenure.  It's austerity across all levels that's hindering the manager, Sheridan faced exactly the same issues and called it a day a year early.

Like towards the tail end of last season when we signed Makasi, who had never played in a senior game. We played him in 8 matches on the spin and guess what happened? He tears his cartilage
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 9:09 am

The quality of this squad has been massively spun by the farm animals as has the size of the budget. As other posters have alluded to why would you expect the new boys to change a habit of a lifetime and start ripping up trees now when they never have before in their careers?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 10:51 am

'When they pull on the green shirt they're all Janners'
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 11:45 am

Theres a bit too much sentiment going on here,

Adams is failing at his job, at somepoint we need to think about replacing him or face another 7 years in league 2 simples.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Jethro wrote:

Adams is failing at his job, at somepoint we need to think about replacing him or face another 7 years in league 2 simples.

I find it hard to argue the point about Adams however he hasn't had the budget to compete and who else is going to turn this squad into match winners? Get another manager in now and everyone will be calling for his head come January.
The damage has been done, write this season off and new broom next summer.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I find it hard to argue the point about Adams however he hasn't had the budget to compete and who else is going to turn this squad into match winners? Get another manager in now and everyone will be calling for his head come January.
The damage has been done, write this season off and new broom next summer.

I'm worried about what damage he could do with money,
We don't want the Folly Mpenza era of waste of money bull shit,

Adams needs to stop moaning whining and pissing about what people like me think,
Do your job whipping this load of shite into something half ok and shut me up.

but if it looks like we are going down, when its a mathematic certainty we have no hope of Staying up , the new broom should come then so someone new can have a head start at looking at the club before trying to bring us back up,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread   Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnsley v Argyle Match Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next