VillageGreen
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Retain list - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 May 2018, 13:19

Hearing by a good source Bradley’s has had a few offers on the table from a few L2 clubs that are paying more that Argo in L1 even though his not decided yet his already got these options already on his table that’s without any offers from L 1 yet as of 3 days ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 May 2018, 13:37

RegGreen wrote:
Hearing by a good source Bradley’s has had a few offers on the table from a few L2 clubs that are paying more that Argo in L1 even though his not decided yet his already got these options already on his table that’s without any offers from L 1 yet as of 3 days ago

Rangers want him aswell.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 May 2018, 14:37

tigertony wrote:
Jon L wrote:
DA said in the Brent rag that he expects to sign 9 or 10 new players.  Well 9 are leaving plus 3 loans.  I don't expect Battle, Bentley or Rooney will be near the 1st team so it looks like another threadbare squad in terms of numbers.

Also with 9+3 leaving and 9 or 10 signings expected, that could imply that all of those offered contracts are expected to sign.  If they were all to leave that would mean 19 players leaving plus the 3 loans.  Not sure DA would be saying 9 or 10 signings if those offered deals were telling him they were leaving. I'm not sure that we could even find 12-15 bargain basement signings if anymore reject deals.  
Also with 9+3 leaving?
Yep - good use of words but these are the players that have been slated by some so called fans for months. (Out of contract, released: Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Robbert te Loeke)

Then we have the +3 (loans) to add to the anti-JB brigade!! Crazy - these 3 are loans and we don't release them.

Your post contains so many ''not sure' that it is really a 'not sure'
Trust in DA, who is staying, I hope, and onwards we go.

The last time we were sustainably run and in exactly this position with Luggy from memory we shed a couple of players and replaced a couple and pissed the league the next year. That spine of the team was crucial to our success and now we face another massive overhaul of the squad. Please tell me in as simple terms as possible why this regime cannot afford to do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 May 2018, 14:57

All the players know what is being paid for similar players in demand at various levels. Adams picks them up when their stock is low, they're not happy about the pay, so once their value rises, they will want out.
I would be asking why on earth this club can't pay the going rate for the league concerned, the penny drops, you say you want a fair deal, the answer is no, and so you look elsewhere. There's no way Argyle shouldn't be far more competitive in this league. For years now we have been losing in demand players to teams below Argyle. It's not right. Outside of Carey, we're not even talking about that good a players.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 4 EmptyThu 10 May 2018, 14:58

I think he will be off that’s the feeling I kinda got from the source and tbf his not getting any younger either plus the next contract he signs is gunna be quite important one career wise so if Argo don’t pay the going rate he ain’t gunna be here in August
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retain list
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4