Grovehill
VillageGreen
Elias
Mook
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer Empty
PostSubject: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 9:56 am

Going through the squad just now and again its plain to see to all that Adams and the club where going to embark on yet another summer of mass incomings and outgoings not learning from the mistakes of previous seasons in terms of contract lengths and allowing key players to leave for free!!!!.
Below is my estimated retain and let go lists but however accurate it is the fact remains the new guy will have a very busy summer ahead. Just aswell Adams got the games and pre season tour sorted before he was rightfully sacked even if they are against pub sides again!!!!!.

Offer A New/Under Contract

Joel Grant
Conor Grant
David Fox - But probably off
Yann Songo'o
Cameron Sangster
Ryan Taylor
Alex Fletcher
Luke Jephcott
Jamie Ness - But probably be off
Antoni Sarcevic
Freddie Ladapo - He will be off, if the club is wise they get as much as possible for him.
Niall Canavan
Ashley Smith-Brown
Gary Sawyer -- His experience will be needed even if he plays a lesser role in the team
Kyle Letheren
Michael Cooper

Out of Contract/Get Rid/Gone

Matt Macey - End of loan
Oscar Threlkeld-End of loan
Lloyd Jones -End of loan

Joe Riley -- probably under contract but get rid all the same utter shite
Ryan Law
Graham Carey - only a fool thinks he is staying put
Rúben Lameiras see Carey
Paul Anderson - why was he signed in the first place?
Lionel Ainsworth - Has had 2 years of employment for doing nothing

Not Sure Either Way

Ryan Edwards - probably going
Dan Rooney
Calum Dyson - probably under contract yet hasnt done anything at stevenage  due to injury to warrant staying here beyond that
Alex Battle
Tafari Moore -- under contract but id get rid seems more interested in flogging herbalifes than breaking into the first team and improving
Scott Wootton -- probably under contract but waste of a wage so get rid if not
Harry Hodges
Jordan Bentley
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 12:07 pm

I'd forgotten Anderson and Moore were even Argyle players....
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Who?

New manager will need to sort it out.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Elias wrote:
Who?

What a job they will have too, I expect lots of comings and goings over the summer months.

Carey and Lammy are sure to be off, I would be very surprised if one or both stay. Freddy could go also but, at least Argyle can demand a transfer fee for him and we all know what that means.

Next season is going to be a rebuild season, so not going to be expecting the side to achieve much. Neither the season after that for that matter.

My anger and livid-ness at relegation will last long into the summer.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Let's be honest here. We've just been relegated from the third tier because THE TEAM WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Whatever you may think bout the Adams, no manager sets out to lose games, so it's a fair bet that none of the players are good enough. I suspect that Carey Lapado & Lameiras looked to be the best of a bad bunch because the team was set up to their benefit.So, on that basis I'd not care who got moved out. However, we may get a Manager or coach who will get more out of some players that has been seen before, or he might well prefer a total clearout, and who could blame him.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Squad might not be good enough....but they would have been mid-table if we had got rid of Adams two months back....his match comments didn't seem to be relating half the time to the game we had all just witnessed
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:55 pm

I wouldnt imagine anyone will be retained bar those under contract plus Cooper and Songo if those 2 arent under.
No point mentioning Ladapo Carey and Lamerias
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Let's be honest here. We've just been relegated from the third tier because THE TEAM WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Whatever you may think bout the Adams, no manager sets out to lose games, so it's a fair bet that none of the players are good enough. I suspect that Carey Lapado & Lameiras looked to be the best of a bad bunch because the team was set up to their benefit.So, on that basis I'd not care who got moved out. However, we may get a Manager or coach who will get more out of some players that has been seen before, or he might well prefer a total clearout, and who could blame him.

This in spades. I can't believe Angers wants to keep most of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptySun May 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

This in spades. I can't believe Angers wants to keep most of them.

Who says i do? I included the ones under contract in the offer one section as they will be here next season unless someone signs them or the club pays them off and i cant see either happening yet. There will be many outgoings in anycase so the squad we have left will probably be threadbare.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyMon May 06, 2019 8:02 am

Whoever comes in as manager I hope they utilise the potential of Alex Fletcher and Michael Cooper.
Adams didn't.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:35 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
Who?

What a job they will have too, I expect lots of comings and goings over the summer months.

Carey and Lammy are sure to be off, I would be very surprised if one or both stay. Freddy could go also but, at least Argyle can demand a transfer fee for him and we all know what that means.

Next season is going to be a rebuild season, so not going to be expecting the side to achieve much. Neither the season after that for that matter.

My anger and livid-ness at relegation will last long into the summer.

My anger is how smug and complacent the team were for lapado and lamerias to allegedly go out on the ale two nights before Gillingham is woefully unprofessional at best and smacks of a could not care less attitude.

Club had been set back 5 years, Hallett played a blinder in sacking Adams so it would defuse the powder keg that home park would have been for the last game.
All about saving his hide.
Club is over run with weeds as Gary neville would say.

Last edited by Elias on Mon May 06, 2019 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Vermin removed, unfair on vermin.)
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:43 am

Ness has gone.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyMon May 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Looking at that squad, it stares you in the face how much utter dross Adams brought to the club. First thing for me would be to address the keeper situation. It’s that plus our collectively shite defence that has relegated us. Bar Cooper, I wouldn’t keep any other defender or keeper. Sadly a few of them are still contracted, but the club and new manager should be telling them their future lies elsewhere.

What a fuckin mess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyMon May 06, 2019 3:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Whoever comes in as manager I hope they utilise the potential of Alex Fletcher and Michael Cooper.
Adams didn't.

Not just those two Jephcott and Sangster aswell could be star if nurtured right.

I See Ness is the first in a long line waiting to jump ship. Not supprised in truth he wasnt a bad player for us but not exactly a midfielder that cant be replaced unlike Fox... might need to lay off a physio now though.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyMon May 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Adams didn't.

Not just those two Jephcott and Sangster aswell could be star if nurtured right.

I See Ness is the first in a long line waiting to jump ship. Not supprised in truth he  wasnt a bad player for us but not exactly a midfielder that cant be replaced unlike Fox... might need to lay off a physio now though.

Disagree Angers Fox is just part of the same problem. Very rarely chipped in with goals. People said irreplacable last summer yeah well that went well
Boot the absolute lot of them bar those we are stuck with under contract plus Cooper Songo and I will add Fletcher as Gull suggests. Two under contract should be listed Sacevic and Taylor for starters
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 9:04 am

Where has all this talk on pasoti come from regarding the release of some of our younger players.....such as Rooney, Hodges, Battle & Bentley.....can find no official statement.....and who would have made such a decision....before a new manager ran his eye over all the playing staff.....surely this wasn't left in Adams out-tray when he left.....we know he never believed in young players....but that would have been torn up and dropped in the rubbish bin....with most other things left behind by Mr My-Way or no way at all man.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Official list released- Anderson, ness and ainsworth gone-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm lost for words !!  
For christs sake welcome to the Conference. The entire shit defence retained or offered new deals

The only player remotely linked to the first team Ness is booted and thats it
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 6:10 pm

The only thing that makes any sense is that we are offering new contracts now but any negotiation or signing will be done by the new manager when he arrives. As Harve says I'd ship most of them especially the defence FFS! As someone on pbay remarked "how did Ladapo get relegated after scoring 19 goals all from open play?" The answer given, "because the defence leaked 80 goals" says all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The only thing that makes any sense is that we are offering new contracts now but any negotiation or signing will be done by the new manager when he arrives. As Harve says I'd ship most of them especially the defence FFS! As someone on pbay remarked "how did Ladapo get relegated after scoring 19 goals all from open play?" The answer given, "because the defence leaked 80 goals" says all you need to know.

Its gotta be a wind up surely. Defence has shipped 80 goals and we're retaining the whole lot and offering new deals to Edwards and Sawyer
Hapless Hallett has started early
The season tickets will simply be flying out tomorrow.....
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Resigning existing players is cheaper than bringing in new ones. We also don't know what wage they're going to be offered. Many could be offered significant pay cuts.

I know some of the players offered new contracts won't sign, but as it stands the only senior players we are releasing are Ainsworth and Jamie Ness. I suppose if we can get a manager who can make them perform like Argyle did in the middle of this season then we might stand a chance of doing something next season. Another total upheaval of the squad might not do us any good if we are only going to end up bringing in a load of League 2 rejects (which recent history says we would) who won't have had time to 'gel'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 7:29 pm

a shame we are ditching home grown youngsters, Adams' legacy, like Bent's lives on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Im shocked Songo'o was only given a 12 month contract last season he was one of the few players that actually gave a shit this season.

i guess the club offering deals to Carey and Lamerias was a "well at least we tried" action they wont be staying put as we all know. Ness i thought would have been offered a new deal but as i said in another post hes not a midfield we cant replace with hopefully a better injury record.

oh well, lets see how many of that list sign their new deals. im going with 8.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 8:04 pm

It'd be fascinating to have confirmed who exactly is making these contract offer decisions. Logically, you'd have assume the Board is asking Nance to give his opinions. But who else is having an input?
Is Natasha lobbying for this player or that?

Our Board is entirely made up of non-football savvy people. Wrathall is undoubtedly a true fan, no question. But that hardly qualifies him to give a considered opinion any more than Joe Bloggs on the terrace. Most of out defensive dross are still contracted (yeah, cheers Del) but a big part of the problem - Sawyer and Edwards, should never be offered new terms. It's difficult to criticise Edwards because he's had a rough time of it, but his performances simply don't merit a new offer. As for Sawyer, I've every confidence my old mum could beat him in a 60 yd sprint.

Any new manager should absolutely be telling the majority of the contracted dross they're going on the list and they're not in his plans. If not and he's happy to work with these clowns, then there's a painful season ahead.

Hallett should be going hell for leather to get a new man in in the next week or so, then in the meantime the earlybird season ticket offer (sic) needs to be extended so potential renewers can see the new boss and decide from there. One thing's for sure, renewals will be thousands down if the situation just drifts past the deadline date with zero positive statement of intent from the club.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer EmptyTue May 07, 2019 8:14 pm

Hallet got the club relegated so its up to him to get a quality manager who will need a decent budget to get the club out of this dogshit league, keeping Brents poundland specials will not encourage any good manager to join argo, you dont need to be Pep, to work that out ffs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer   Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Retain list and yet another rebuild in the summer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next