Sir Francis Drake
VillageGreen
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Retain list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Only1Argyle

RYAN Taylor and Antoni Sarcevic have agreed new deals to stay at Argyle next season, and beyond.

The club will issue its retained list for the 2018-19 Sky Bet League One season on Wednesday morning, and the names of Pilgrims Ryan and Antoni will both be on it.

The pair agreed new two-year extensions to their contracts during last season's successful campaign in which they helped the club finish seventh in League One.

The Pilgrims' career of forward Ryan and midfielder Antoni continues to follow a similar path. Both joined the club in the January 2017 transfer window and both made their full Argyle debut in a 1-0 win away to Cambridge United the following month before becoming key parts of the successful Sky Bet League Two promotion push.

Last season, Yorkshireman Ryan, who came to Home Park from Oxford United, made 22 appearances in all competitions during an injury-hit campaign, scoring six goals; Mancunian Antoni, formerly with Shrewsbury Town, played 37 times and scored three goals before he, too, was hampered by injury.

Now, as manager Derek Adams begins building for the 2018-19 season, they have both committed their future to Argyle until the summer of 2020.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Think Oscar wants to move up north closer to his bestie Tenner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Whatever comes next, Sarcevic and Taylor signing on for 2 years is good news.

this is probably the good news to get the fans on side to lessen the blow tomorrow im sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Angers, I'm sure it's all been carefully orchestrated, along with the refurbishment goings on and related finance.  I've never known so many social media "leaks". pirat
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

this is probably the good news to get the fans on side to lessen the blow tomorrow im sure.

Absolutely no doubt, which is why I qualified it...but the information available so far is good.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

It is, yes....with one or two caveats.

Taylor rather went against the grain a couple months ago when he did the article saying how much he loved it here and couldn't envisage playing anywhere else next year. So him signing early isn't any sort of surprise, especially as he's crocked again. Sarcevic showed that when he is actually fit he is more than capable of doing a job in this league. But his injury record is poor, and again, he'll have been happy to get two years security tied down early doors.

Of the ones others have mentioned, none of them are irreplaceable in a Carey or Taylor type of way.

Left back is a major concern for me. Sawyer was regularly getting roasted by joe soap league 1 wingers far too often this year. Time for him to move on I reckon as I'm not sure he'd be keen on bench warming at his time of life.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:14 pm

I take it that these two were the only ones offered 2 year contracts - or the only ones who have accepted them anyway? Presumably all the others will be 1 year contracts or on their way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Plymouth Argyle FC Retweeted

Antoni Sarcevic.‏

@ASarcevic

Can’t thank you fans enough for the amazing response already! Special fan base & one I’m buzzing to carry on playing in front of! Let’s go

Feels good to finally announce how buzzing I am to have signed again for another 2 years! Was a no brainer for me it’s an unbelievable club to play for .. it’s only going in one direction. can’t wait to kick on now after this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:28 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I take it that these two were the only ones offered 2 year contracts - or the only ones who have accepted them anyway? Presumably all the others will be 1 year contracts or on their way.

Given Ryan's ankle problems i dont think i would have given him a 2 year deal personally. Bradley and Threlkeld definitely maybe show some ambition and make it a 3 year deal.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Angers has nailed it
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

It is, yes....with one or two caveats.

Taylor rather went against the grain a couple months ago when he did the article saying how much he loved it here and couldn't envisage playing anywhere else next year. So him signing early isn't any sort of surprise, especially as he's crocked again. Sarcevic showed that when he is actually fit he is more than capable of doing a job in this league. But his injury record is poor, and again, he'll have been happy to get two years security tied down early doors.

Of the ones others have mentioned, none of them are irreplaceable in a Carey or Taylor type of way.

Left back is a major concern for me. Sawyer was regularly getting roasted by joe soap league 1 wingers far too often this year. Time for him to move on I reckon as I'm not sure he'd be keen on bench warming at his time of life.
major concern..His got worse as the season went on getting roasted regular and what was more annoying the way he kept getting dragged out of position time & time again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 10:06 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Angers has nailed it

To quote a famous general from WW1 "Doing precisely what we've done 18 times before is the very last thing they'll expect us to do this time"

Last edited by Angry on Tue May 08, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Waiting for your retained list going up Angry
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 12:01 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Just your thoughts or based on ...?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:35 am

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Angers has nailed it

look at the shiny keys freaks and arselickers, We have one of the best Worst budgets and we offered them all we could.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 10:18 am

apparently its out at 11am
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:05 am

Retained List
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:11 am

No surprises really and it’s all about Threlkeld, Fox and Bradley. Expect all of the others to sign and some don’t it won’t be the end of the world.

Re: Adams’ comments - Fox = ‘move up north’, Threlkeld = ‘play higher’ and Bradley = ‘more money’
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:11 am

RETAINED LIST
Under contract: Lionel Ainsworth, Graham Carey, Michael Cooper, Ryan Edwards, Joel Grant, Ruben Lamieras, Jamie Ness, Antoni Sarcevic, Ryan Taylor, Gregg Wylde.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Alex Battle, Jordan Bentley, Sonny Bradley, Alex Fletcher, David Fox, Kyle Letheren, Dan Rooney, Gary Sawyer, Yann Songo'o, Oscar Threlkeld.

Out of contract, released: Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Robbert te Loeke.

Loan expired: Moses Makasi, Remi Matthews, Zak Vyner.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Harry Hodges, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Cameron Sangster.

Apprentices released: Billy Craske, Elliott Crawford, Harry Downing, Matt Ward
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:17 am

I'm surprised that ATS has been released and it is always sad to see a youngster like Callum Rose dip out.

Otherwise no big shocks there.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:22 am

On a small note I see the Twitter account made a crass joke by tweeting the Clash song "Should I stay or Should I go" in an attempt to countdown to the release of the retained list.

Given that there are people on that list who are now out of a job, or in the youngster's cases having their dreams crushed, it is rather insensitive.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:30 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm surprised that ATS has been released and it is always sad to see a youngster like Callum Rose dip out.

Otherwise no big shocks there.

On the - admittedly few - occasions I've seen Taylor-Sinclair play, I thought he looked ordinary. If the logic is to sign a new first choice left back, with Sawyer challenging as back up, then I understand it.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:37 am

"Out of contract, offered new contract: Alex Battle, Jordan Bentley, Sonny Bradley, Alex Fletcher, David Fox, Kyle Letheren, Dan Rooney, Gary Sawyer, Yann Songo'o, Oscar Threlkeld."

So our captain, our best centre half, the best central midfielder, the first choice right back, our only remaining keeper and the best player in the first half of last season.

My estimate is that Battle, Bentley, Rooney and Fletcher sign on. jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:39 am

Pleased to see Fletcher offered another contract
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 2:00 pm

tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Just your thoughts or based on  ...?

Are you for real? Based on the fact that nearly all our players good and the best have been offered one year contracts for the past several years and deffo all through Adams shift. The sources? The club and Adams in numerous tv, newspaper and radio interviews as well as the club website. You really are getting desperate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retain list
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next