Innocent Egbunike
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Scunthorpe - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Had a very nice evening in Chams in Tavvy, met up with loads of Tavvy based Greens who were all quite hopeful but subdued. After watching about five crosses across our box with Scunny players missing by inches and us throwing bodies on the line their big forward sliced through us with ease and buried it. Carey and Lamieris come alive and nearly equalise. Scunny just kept going and could have scored four. Fletcher looked lively but phhffttt. Better team won.
If we had played Scunny on the day it was postponed we would have stuffed them but with our injuries now even if we had have won tonight we would have got stuffed in the playoffs. So frustrating.
In a smug, holier than thou, feck you triple T, Throbber like I FECKIN TOLD YOU SO, ATD prediction that austerity squad building would cost us dear, WAKE UP YOU FECKIN WANKERS!
Clock ticking on Brent now, build your buildings if you can if not sell to someone who will, whatever happens just finish building something so we can get back to just being a feckin football club not some bad trip of a consumerist cult driven by property speculation with the football just being used as a vehicle.
BRENT OUT.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:06 am

Ah well.....any news on next seasons kit?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:12 am

Yea Man wrote:
This could get interesting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No it's OK the Fat Controller speaks and immediately puts everybody's fears about the budget to rest,

"Sky also said two Scunny players were injured. They both played."

lol!

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Had a very nice evening in Chams in Tavvy, met up with loads of Tavvy based Greens who were all quite hopeful but subdued. After watching about five crosses across our box with Scunny players missing by inches and us throwing bodies on the line their big forward sliced through us with ease and buried it. Carey and Lamieris come alive and nearly equalise. Scunny just kept going and could have scored four. Fletcher looked lively but phhffttt. Better team won.
If we had played Scunny on the day it was postponed we would have stuffed them but with our injuries now even if we had have won tonight we would have got stuffed in the playoffs. So frustrating.
In a smug, holier than thou, feck you triple T, Throbber like I FECKIN TOLD YOU SO, ATD prediction that austerity squad building would cost us dear, WAKE UP YOU FECKIN WANKERS!
Clock ticking on Brent now, build your buildings if you can if not sell to someone who will, whatever happens just finish building something so we can get back to just being a feckin football club not some bad trip of a consumerist cult driven by property speculation with the football just being used as a vehicle.
BRENT OUT.
I read your post until you reverted to dockyard abuse of ''WAKE UP YOU FECKIN WANKERS!'' which only shows your uneducated mind. Oh well - the world must tolerate all sorts. Laughing PS I can take JB or leave him - don't care because I can't change it. Goodnight
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 3:01 am

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
BRENT OUT.
I read your post until you reverted to dockyard abuse of ''WAKE UP YOU FECKIN WANKERS!'' which only shows your uneducated mind. Oh well - the world must tolerate all sorts. Laughing  PS I can take JB or leave him - don't care because I can't change it. Goodnight

Oh the fuckin' irony. The reluctant one isn't 'friends' with nool and the other wannabes. He's just using them to help con other dimwitted janners. The club's potential is still big but expectations are being managed down. As long as 10k turn up for a going nowhere city club, the owner makes his money and his cheerleaders get to 'be someone'. It's all very sad and very village.........
Enjoy the ride lol

ps Scunny got 4,700 last night. If we had a decent stadium, we'd have got 20k plus.....................but where would the money have gone ? And the conditioned mugs are still saying we've over achieved lol The summer should be fun.

pps What a tragic set of photos on GOS tonight. I didn't watch. Far too predictable .

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 3:01 am

tigertony wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
BRENT OUT.
I read your post until you reverted to dockyard abuse of ''WAKE UP YOU FECKIN WANKERS!'' which only shows your uneducated mind. Oh well - the world must tolerate all sorts. Laughing  PS I can take JB or leave him - don't care because I can't change it. Goodnight

Oh the fuckin' irony. The reluctant one isn't 'friends' with nool and the other wannabes. He's just using them to help con other dimwitted janners. The club's potential is still big but expectations are being managed down. As long as 10k turn up for a going nowhere city club, the owner makes his money and his cheerleaders get to 'be someone'. It's all very sad and very village.........
Enjoy the ride lol

ps Scunny got 4,700 last night. If we had a decent stadium, we'd have got 20k plus.....................but where would the money have gone ? And the conditioned mugs are still saying we've over achieved lol The summer should be fun.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 7:43 am

The likely scenario of failing to get in the unplanned playoffs will be put down to the Taylor injury no doubt by the eternally grateful, forgetting about of course the disastrous January window and subsequent lack of investment in the playing squad by Lord Akkeron of Argo and his assorted clowns.
Viva Aviva
deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 7:58 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

No it's OK the Fat Controller speaks and immediately puts everybody's fears about the budget to rest,

lol!

Well that's that then it's not true at all then lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:12 am

Adams said: “I didn’t think it was our best performance. We ran out of players and eventually it told.

Note the Sanrl response.

sanrl
As Derek SAID 'We ran out of players' Brent's austerity failed us, where's the money gone? COYG

Quite, WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE BRENT?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:15 am

Yea Man wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

lol!

Well that's that then it's not true at all then lol!

Dim TWATS deadhorse
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:16 am

Decent piece from the Grumpy Loyal aimed at the deluded on Newells Animal farm

"Even the powers that be, who should know the value of good PR, have never even tried to say our budget is top half. So, even for the greenest of tints that leaves 13th at best.

When all is said and done we have a good 11. But to get out of this league we need a good squad. A club of our stature should be able to cover that with a forward thinking Boardroom and 10,000+ average crowds. If people genuinely disagree with this, then I really do despair at the mentality"

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:32 am

other clubs 'rich owners' invest in their squads and we can't compete.... but our owner has 'family money' to invest in an ice rink, choices, choices.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:47 am

The "family money" statement was embedded language intended for the Council, not for us. For "family money" read "proceeds from Pavillions sales".
The release of Agents fees was the best public guide to Brent's budget, as that has a direct correlation to money spent, and not just in capital terms, but wages. I seem to remember we were something like 16th, and that may well have been 16th in League 2, not League 1. Not sure of that last bit. Whatever, he clearly is redirecting football income elsewhere to a far larger degree than almost all other clubs. We've got ourselves our very own mini Oyston.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:56 am

Yea Man wrote:

First up to defend Brent and his right to keep us permanently shit is Raplow

Raplow wrote:
Oh look we’re losing so let’s start knocking Brent.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:17 am

But don't forget Brent attends every match so he isn't just the chairman he's a PROPER fan and isn't interested in money or property at all. I know because I shared a car wiv im and I played wiv is gear stick all the way.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:28 am

The pigs on the farm instantly attack anyone talking about Brent and the budget with the defence that they should concentrate on the football, and its only because Argyle lost, without for once thinking that brent and the budget might be THE reason we lost.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:49 am

Feck em I say let them have the village tin pot club they desire and deserve.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:57 am

I recused myself from the internet last night. Had I been on anywhere I'd've disgraced myself.

Last night was horrible and predictable in equal measure. Everybody, literally everybody, with even half a brain has been pointing at the squad and saying it was too thin for months and months. In the January transfer window instead of getting some bodies in we actually cut the squad even further. At a time when we need to recruit quality we let it go.

Not that, remarkably, it seemed to make much difference. Carey was on fire, Lameiras started to impress, the goalie situation had settled down and we had stopped getting players sent off. Even Sarcevic and Ness started to play well and against all expectation we climbed onto a solid play-off position.

That's all good, really. You can't help but admire the job that Adams has done and the spirit and fortitude of the team which pulled rabbits out of hats as it went with incredible regularity. It even showed no little style and panache at times. We almost had a swagger about us. It even began to feel like it might be a promotion season...

Until the wheels came off last night. Just imagine how the players must have felt at the end. A long hard season of defying the odds ended not so much in failure as just meh. They had given their all and there was nothing left to give; no fresh legs; no eager minds; heart was no longer enough. We just ran out of steam.

7th is pretty good as finishes go, I suppose. Certainly well into the top half of a division where a little quality is needed to achieve it but 7th is nothing really. Ultimately the actual position doesn't really matter. If you are either relegated or promoted that matters but anything in between? All a bit beige but if there is a prize to be had amidst the beigeness it is the play-off spot that has been proven to be beyond us.

7th in the 3rd tier is also just about bang average for us as a club too which is kind of alright and certainly is no disaster or shame but it isn't really anything to celebrate either. More meh. More beige.

We should adopt beige as our change colour.

So well done the players and well done Adams and well done the Green Army. You have all done us proud. Last night's disappointment was not down to you but last night's crazy pre-match optimism was.

I wish I could say the same about Mr Brent. I'd like to think he is evaluating his own contribution but he probably isn't. Not in the same same terms that I would anyway. I'd like to think he cared but I don't think he does. Not beyond a PR level anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:10 am

Another excuse offered up as to why we ultimately fell at the last hurdle was number of injuries as though injuries are something that just happen and can't be prevented, not as a result of playing virtually the same XI since November. Its pure bad luck that someone inury prone like Jamie Ness would be injured, its not James Brents fault that Makosi from BB6 who has never played a league game in his career would be pick up an inury after starting the last 6 games on the trot.

Then theres the start of the season as though that was somehow not our fault "Yeah but you'd have accepted 7th in November". True but surely if we'd not hastily assembled a squad in June, then we might have got off to a better start, thats hardly rocket science.

There's always excuses as to why we fail and an agressive defence as to why we fail rather than any examination of why we might have fallen at the last hurdle and what we might do to prevent that happening next time. Becuase that wouldnt be supporting the football club.

Its a piss take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:22 am

Some things you can't avoid in life. A depleted tired squad in pro football, you certainly can, let alone what might turn out to be another skilled front man disappearing over the horizon to our competitors.
It's not as if it wasn't foretold, and anyone with any sense whatsoever knows that Brent hasn't spent anywhere near the upper level of allowed expenditure, and that's a level that is seen as quite adequate to keep clubs on the straight and narrow. Something doesn't add up.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:41 am

I bet Brent breathed a huge sigh of relief as the Scunny goals went in last night. We averaged 16,400 on our return the the Championship last time round. If....and obvs it’s a big if, if his mankover gets started anytime soon, having purely the horseshoe would have been carnage. 12,600 seats, minus away allocation, minus rediculous segregation area cos we’re village and can’t steward a game professionally to save our lives. The upshot of all that is a Home fan capacity in the 9 thousands.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:46 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I bet Brent breathed a huge sigh of relief as the Scunny goals went in last night. We averaged 16,400 on our return the the Championship last time round. If....and obvs it’s a big if, if his mankover gets started anytime soon, having purely the horseshoe would have been carnage. 12,600 seats, minus away allocation, minus rediculous segregation area cos we’re village and can’t steward a game professionally to save our lives. The upshot of all that is a Home fan capacity in the 9 thousands.

Not sure, he could have had a huge bunce out of the play-offs and then he could have lied about how much we made from it again like he did when we stunk out Wembley.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:53 am

Greenskin wrote:
Ran out of steam and good quality league 1 players in the final analysis. I hope lessons will be absorbed but not really holding my breath.7th position is of course a bleddy good result after the disastrous start-in November it would have been laughable to even suggest such a finish but equally 5th position in February would represent a squandered opportunity. On the game tonight, i thought Lameiras was the biggest disappointment, been off the boil for some time. Whether that can be completely put down to Taylor's absence or represents a levelling off to previous standards remains to be seen. It will be a very interesting summer- there should be a lot of departures of players such as Miller, Ainsworth, Wylde, Blissett etc-just hope that the nucleus of the players good enough for the division will be retained.

Wonder why Barton was there tonight?

Good post and this is the balanced view on this thread.

We ran out of steam. Yes, because of under-investment in the squad but also because of bad luck with injuries to key players - Taylor, Ness, Sarcevic and Bradley have all been injured/ill at various times in the run-in. That is the equivalent of losing Evans, Friio, Coughlan and Norris under Sturrock Mk1 and the comparison is relevant because this team has just finished 7th when that one finished 8th in the first season back in the 3rd tier.

I'm not even sure we were better funded back then but it did feel like there was more long-term planning involved, that something was building. For me, that is the key difference. It feels like anything could happen next season as Adams, if he stays, starts again with new personnel.

If he leaves, well, I fear we're in for a relegation battle.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 10:55 am

P.O.I wrote:
Well - that was most disappointing. Pfft.

Saltash W.I start knitting a new stadium ready for the 2030 Muff world cup bid.

FFS.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 11:19 am

I’ve never seen so much denial in my whole life that’s going on over on the farm
Pearl of wisdom from Norfolk green while everybody’s mentioning the budget as for the pig you can see it’s only a matter of time before his fat head explodes with all this dissent on the farm about the comment made by the sky commenters plus idiots reply they said as well two Scunthorpe players were playing and they wernt that was the pigs reply what a prize Cnut the man really is jeez
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scunthorpe   Scunthorpe - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scunthorpe
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: