Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.

Go down 
+15
Coxside_Green
Czarcasm
#SHITARTIST
Big Robby
Mock Cuncher
ShaRpy
Earwegoagain
downthetrack
Les Miserable
Tringreen
Hugh Midde
Jethro
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Geezer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Big Robby

The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 12:44 pm

And were you not going places and had money to spend because of player sales blah blah blah new stand a fortune to come when Ampadu moves to Barcelona. By your own admission us and you are on the same shit level so I dont see what you have to crow about. You had a chance of automatic promotion and bottled it so badly you even missed out on the play offs. Pathetic really
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 12:51 pm

You had a chance at winning the title as well, everyone has the same chance at the start of the season. It's where you finish at the end of the season.

We'd have gone up had we kept Stockley, unfortunately he went onto bigger and better things. With that money, Bowman coming into form, Grimes sell on fees when he inevitably leaves for a prem side, Watkins too.. Next season the title is our, no question about it.

That's if we can keep any of our extremely talented youngsters like Collins, Dean & Sparkes.

Edit: How could I forgot about Storey? Another starlet who could easily end up in the top division. Bournemouth are looking rumorus suggest.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 1:51 pm

In all seriousness with all these starlet players and past sales and where has it ever got you? Even the likes of Burton and Yeovil have a higher tier history. Is somebody on the fiddle? Isn’t it depressing with all the millions pouring in, and you’re still Division 4?

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 1:54 pm

It does make me laugh that the high point in any Exeter fans life, is a season when Argyle are so shit, we’re in the same league.

I’m not sure you’ll grasp that though.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Ha. You don't know where our money's gone?

When we get a sale from one of our many talented youth products, it gets split 3 ways.

1/3 Ground, facilities etc
1/3 Playing Budget
1/3 Upgrading our trading facilities

We've invested loads in our youth setup and training facilities and have just bought a stand, and built our own stand.

We're doing things the right way, we could've easily chucked everything into the playing budget, had a lovely year or 2 in the championship and be right back to where we are, but we're a bit more responsible than that  Very Happy

Now that we have one of the best academies in the football league, only beaten by a handful of championship clubs, and our ground is complete - Our next couple of mill we will inevitably receive will be invested more into the playing budget to ensure we do go up and can survive up there. Not that you'd know much about surviving up there..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Neither do you lot, last time you were in that division was 6 years ago ending a 3 season spell. I can't even remember the time before that, I doubt if you were born.

I see your march to the Premier League has been put off another year what with you fluffing the autos then playoffs. Even Tizzers got you to wembley, I suppose at least you don't get to lose there for the 3rd year running.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Yep, that's the only problem when having the best players in August. Higher clubs come sniffing and take them from you. You'd not know what it's liked to have players regularly snatched from the higher leagues so I'm not sure you'll be able to relate. Stockers sale was clearly what slipped us this year, but don't worry. Next season, as mentioned above - Dean, Sparkes and Archie will be roaring to go.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Bless flower
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 5:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Even the likes of Burton and Yeovil have a higher tier history. Is somebody on the fiddle? Isn’t it depressing with all the millions pouring in, and you’re still Division 4?

It really is depressing when you note all those teams above you who were dyed-in-the-wool non-league when you first started supporting City/Argyle. I blame Tisdale for the stultifying football we've endured from one season to the next. Furthermore it still amazes me how some on Exeweb still rate the bloke. Sure he got moneyed MK promoted while at the same time inheriting some good players but I very much doubt he can keep them there for more than two seasons. As for young Matt Taylor, I believe that man is more than capable of taking us up next year. I cordially invite you to join us.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 5:59 pm

I'd piss myself if we bought Taylor in. Ticks a lot of boxes for Argyle, works for tinpot club so easy to entice away, used to working with fook all budget and probably cheap on wages.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 2:09 am

Geezer wrote:
You had a chance at winning the title as well, everyone has the same chance at the start of the season. It's where you finish at the end of the season.

We'd have gone up had we kept Stockley, unfortunately he went onto bigger and better things. With that money, Bowman coming into form, Grimes sell on fees when he inevitably leaves for a prem side, Watkins too.. Next season the title is our, no question about it.

If the abomination that is Salford come up they will spend ridiculous money from their bottomless pit and be heavily fancied. Even leaving Rooney aside they were poaching players who had been offered contract renewals by L1 clubs when they were in Conference North.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 11:37 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd piss myself if we bought Taylor in.

Might lead to an upturn in ye olde body fragrance stakes Thanks/OK

Meanwhile have you thought about changing your nom de guerre? Indapooagian or uppachitcreekagain might be worth considering Wink
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 11:58 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd piss myself if we bought Taylor in. Ticks a lot of boxes for Argyle, works for tinpot club so easy to entice away, used to working with fook all budget and probably cheap on wages.

Taylor's got standards, he wouldn't go near your sinking ship. Destined to fail. Conference bound. All aboard.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd piss myself if we bought Taylor in.

Might lead to an upturn in ye olde body fragrance stakes  Thanks/OK

Meanwhile have you thought about changing your nom de guerre?  Indapooagian or uppachitcreekagain might be worth considering Wink

Nah I think my moniker covers the present situation well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 8:00 am

Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Taylor's got standards, he wouldn't go near your sinking ship. Destined to fail. Conference bound. All aboard.

As they all have standards - to the highest bidder!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.    The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laughing at Plymouth as they go down thread.
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8