Moist_Von_Lipwig
Nick
Charlie Wood
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 am

Cut and posted from pasoti these are the questions that Baba is curious about,me too.

... I can only apologise if the details are rather vague. Like I said as I researched it all I didn't ever discover any explicit accounts of who said what or even who was there.

A few things have puzzled me though and there's loads of loose ends.

* Just how did IDL get wind of that court hearing? Bloody good job he did but it was an amazing, literally unbelievable, stroke of luck if he just happened to stumble across it.

* Why did JBE leave the Trust like he did?

* What was the outcome of the charity commission investigation into the PAST&DT deal?

* How were the secured mortgages and Ticketus loans settled?

* Has PAST&DT got its money back in full? If it has where did it come from?

* How much money did James Brent stump up in the end for the club? Has he paid anything for it at all? Question

* What are the terms of the 5 year deal to pay the staff and players back and how does this impact on the 55% salary cap? Question

* Where on earth did the £12m the old board spent on "other operating costs" go? With that £12m the club would have been a viable concern to this day and probably be playing in a league 2 divisions higher.

* Where did the money from PCC for the freehold go? Was it used to pay off the secured creditors? Did Guilfoyle get it? Question

* Who paid off the CVA? In fact has it been paid at all? Question

* What is the running total for the money raised by the auctions, bucket rattling, fan fests and other donations?

* Piecing it all together it seems clear that Heaney was a front man for some or all of the old board as they strove to hang in there and cut their losses. It also seems too hard to believe that Ridsdale/Guilfoyle weren't in cahoots and that there was a whole load of off-stage manoeuvring going on throughout the process. Or that everything that went on was entirely legal. Wasn't a post-admin scrutinisa

The ones that I have added the question marks to are particularly noteworthy and asking them over the past few month's has seen my trouble maker status increase. I feel that the answers to these questions hold the answer to lack of promised team investment. If Brent is the fair and honest bloke we are told that he is then why is everybody afraid to ask the questions? Postey has gone from being a bull terrier type journo during the troubles to a comical ali type minister for information since the takeover, these issues will not go away (I can guarantee that) so lets have a bit of honesty please.
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 am

He's going to have to tweet the questions now, but at 140 characters it's going to be a lot of tweeting! Good timing on Chris's part not having to answer any of these questions, but then Chris can now call Baba a freak, a coward or a weirdo as well.

If ever there was an advert why not to join a union, then just read a couple of internet football forums.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

Greenjock wrote:
He's going to have to tweet the questions now, but at 140 characters it's going to be a lot of tweeting! Good timing on Chris's part not having to answer any of these questions, but then Chris can now call Baba a freak, a coward or a weirdo as well.

If ever there was an advert why not to join a union, then just read a couple of internet football forums.

Unions were born for very good reasons Jock and those reasons are still relevant today.

Union leaders like other jobs, vary in abiity and integrity.
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Unions were born for very good reasons Jock and those reasons are still relevant today.

Union leaders like other jobs, vary in abiity and integrity.

That was a view I once held Tring, but sadly my experience of Unions and Union officials/leaders has not been a good one. All talk from my experiences and always look after themselves first when the chips are down.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

Having been reassured several times last year that there was nothing sinister about JBE leaving the Trust now Lee spills the beans that he felt betrayed by a member of the ISC. Lee and several others were going to leave in support of him but John Petrie persuaded them to stay. JBE is far too much of a gentleman to ever have revealed his side of the story.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Where be this thread? I can't seem to locate it (although not looked very hard)
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Sorry, Clubs in turmoil - PAFC review, is the title on PASOTI.
Another question, who is JBE?
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Iggy wrote:

The Rev. Jim Benton-Evans. The first Chair of the Fans Trust, and all-round Good Egg.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Iggy wrote:

Fanks Iggy
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Won't get answered.
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

I never expected to ever say this but thank God someone has been able to keep themselves in check during this Cold War and remain with their feet firmly placed on the ground enough to focus on issues that it appears others would like to be forgotten!

Bloody good on you Babs, it's a reminder of why we should never forget or fear asking questions!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Hasn't Webby already answered these questions countless times before! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

been done to death. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

what did you do ?
Back to top Go down
argyledj

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:19 pm

would be nice to know why the reverand left!, one question i have always wanted answered is who told the cpg where heaney was? as they met him twice during the takeover process.
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If he did I missed it, I heard the lines like "if you had met the man as I have then you wouldn't be worried", but no actual answers to questions like the ones highlighted above. I would be delighted if someone could point me in the right direction of where they might be found.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

been done to death lol!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Only answer I know for certain is that the old Trust loan is being repaid over 5 years. The first payment of £60k has been received by them.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Only answer I know for certain is that the old Trust loan is being repaid over 5 years. The first payment of £60k has been received by them.

Am I right in saying this didn't "have to be done", but was being done by Brent as he thought it the right thing to do, and to show goodwill?

What is the total amount owed, and does anyone know what the "old Trust" are now going to do with the money?

Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 am

It's still 60k a month that could have been paid into the club account, the club looses out, Stapes gets off the hook! - There goes the striker!

It's nice to see it being paid back, but if Stapes gets off the hook it makes the morals of this deal stink!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am

Its 60k per annum - and you are right it is a goodwill measure. It was kept thar way as lombard would nor accept a second charge on the ground being paid while their main charge wasn't being paid. The total amount is around 388k
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:46 am

GOB wrote:
It's still 60k a month that could have been paid into the club account, the club looses out, Stapes gets off the hook! - There goes the striker!

It's nice to see it being paid back, but if Stapes gets off the hook it makes the morals of this deal stink!

question answered by DL above (edited post)
Back to top Go down

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 am

A good question. The local press reported the Charity Commission was investigating as far back as Feb 2011.

Synan hits back over accusations as charity loan comes under scrutiny.

Does anyone have any more recent information?

The article mentions a figure of £330,000. I understood the loan to be around £300,000. That would fit with £60k p.a. over five years.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 am

I would have thought the paying back of the loan was a newsworthy item.

I don't think it's ever been in the press and any questions about on Pasoti have stonewalled at 'its being paid back' without the level of detail that DL is giving.

Not wishing to bemoan the information or the source but how is that information in his domain and not the public one.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

Dougie wrote:
I would have thought the paying back of the loan was a newsworthy item.

I don't think it's ever been in the press and any questions about on Pasoti have stonewalled at 'its being paid back' without the level of detail that DL is giving.

Not wishing to bemoan the information or the source but how is that information in his domain and not the public one.

Its been done to death lol!

Damon is an ex-director and is possibly a trustee from the old Trust? He is still linked to the club as a guarantor for the Lombard loan, and I'd also guess has contact with some ex-directors also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baba's questions, Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baba's questions,   Baba's questions, Empty

Back to top Go down

Baba's questions,
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next