RegGreen
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Brent is more likely to slash the cash he's not interested in ambition and success on the field - it costs money.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 pm

The comments from the green tints were beyond parody. "This is just a practice match" "who would have expected anything else?"

The most compliant fan base in the world.

Poldark looks like a feckin documentary when you look at some these muppets.

"Squire knows best, don't question the people up the big house"

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Always remember that if JB hadn't saved us we wouldn't even be in this cup so be thankful Wink

:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Brent splash the cash? Stash the cash is his game.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 pm

tigertony wrote:
Always remember that if JB hadn't saved us we wouldn't even be in this cup so be thankful Wink

Your trying to upset people.....I think.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:27 pm

We always get tonked in the league cup first round. Even when we were good. Dont we hold a league record for most consecutive first round exits?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 pm

We left before half time. Found great boozer, artwork to follow
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 11:56 pm

nzgreen wrote:
We always get tonked in the league cup first round. Even when we were good. Dont we hold a league record for most consecutive first round exits?

Argyle's record is completely disgraceful in the league cup since the heady semi final days of the 1960's and 1970's but that isn't any sort of excuse for a 5-0 dicking in a west country derby especially when 2000 supporters have put time and money into going to watch it. TBH I think Adams must take some responsibility for this debacle-it was shit inducing to read before the game that he planned to play the 92 conceded in a relegation season goalkeeper and cruciated left back tonight-why FFS in a game like this against opposition who were always going to have some very decent players on the pitch. It would seem to indicate that the Argyle reserve strength is not crash hot-fingers crossed for a suspension and injury free season, unlikely though it may be-in fact Taylor has already been ruled out for 3 months apparently. Notwithstanding the quality of opposition tonight the auguries are not particularly promising at the moment-work needs to be done very rapidly on strengthening the squad before depression sets in and a serious danger of a very quick return to division 4 beckons.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 am

zyph wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Having a larf Zyph - thus the ''wink'' (Need to make the emoticons bigger)
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 am

The thinking mans unfunny 'funny' man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 am

That has to be the most embarrassing first half of football I've ever witnessed.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 6:51 am

tigertony wrote:
zyph wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Having a larf Zyph - thus the ''wink'' (Need to make the emoticons bigger)

Mmm...not very noticeable is it....a raised eyebrow might of been better.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 am

This is why we're tipped for the drop.  Pundits and bookies know the squad is not good enough for L1.

A lot more dire 'performances' and heavy defeats to go yet before we finally drop through the trap door next spring.

Glad I'm not going this season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:00 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
The comments from the green tints were beyond parody. "This is just a practice match" "who would have expected anything else?"

They're not Argo fans. They're brent fans.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 am

How many multi were in that thread

It going to take at lease two years to build a team for promotion and to hold on to it. The job this season is to try and stay in this league, we our not going to play a team as good as Bristol this season, My concern is in the last three competitive games we have let in goals in the first five minutes, We cannot play catch up in this league because the other team will shut up shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:22 am

Freathy wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

They're not Argo fans.  They're brent fans.

To the hovel born.
"there will always be losers waiting to till my fields. I saved them." J Brent, while eating supper
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 am

DEREK Adams took the blame for the Pilgrims’ humbling Carabao Cup exit at Bristol City.

The Argyle manager rotated his team against the Championship side to the extent of retaining only two players from the starting 11 that had impressed in their Sky Bet League One opener at Peterborough three days earlier.

One of those was in goal, with Dutchman Robbert te Loeke coming in for a harsh debut in England and suffering at the hands of a rampant Bristol side that blitzed their way to a 5-0 win, with three goals scored in the opening 20 minutes.

“It wasn’t his fault that we lost the game,” said Derek, in defence of his custodian. “It was everybody’s fault that we lost the game; I include myself in that because I’m the manager and I make the changes and I take responsibility for that.

“He should have done better for a couple of the goals but he didn’t get help from around about him at times. He left himself open and he had to make a couple of good saves but, in the end, we are disappointed that we have lost so many goals.

“I’ve made too many changes and it didn’t work out for us. Over the 90 minutes, Bristol City obviously deserved to win the game; they scored some really good goals and we didn’t defend well enough.

“Making the changes that I did from Saturday’s game against Peterborough hasn’t made it easy but I still had enough quality in my side that I thought was capable of competing and giving Bristol City a game, but we didn’t do that.

“After 19 minutes, we were 3-0 down and there was no way back. They players were in a wee bit of shock. To be fair to Bristol City, they pressed us very well when we had the ball – they are a very good side – but, in the end, we didn’t do well enough when we had the ball. We didn’t do well enough defending, as well.

“We had probably too many attacking players on the park. When you have that against a better standard of opposition, it doesn’t help.”

One of the reasons for the changes to the starting line-up was with an eye on the weekend’s first home league game of the season against Charlton Athletic, one of four games in the first 12 days of the Pilgrims’ 2017-18 campaign.

“I made nine changes because I wanted to keep my players fresh for Saturday’s game,” said Derek. “It’s important we have a successful league campaign. Cup competitions are important, but they are not as the league competition.

“It’s an important game we’ve got on Saturday. The league campaign is important and I didn’t want to pick up injuries, but those that didn’t play tonight have to perform on Saturday because I have given them a rest.

“It’s up to the players who didn’t play tonight to give us a good performance.”
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 7:57 am

excuses for dismal failure
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 am

Tgwu wrote:
How many multi were in that thread

It going to take at lease two years to build a team for promotion and to hold on to it. The job this season is to try and stay in this league, we our not going to play a team as good as Bristol this season, My concern is in the last three competitive games we have let in goals in the first five minutes, We cannot play catch up in this league because the other team will shut up shop.

You do not build teams in the lower leagues of English football any more. The popularity of one year contracts that Brent tends to favour puts paid to that. Brett Pitman to Pompey on a three year deal is rare but a great statement of intent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 am

Calm down everyone, according to theThrobber, everything will be JUST fine because we crashed out of the league cup at the first hurdle last season in an abject manner

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Calm down everyone, according to theThrobber, everything will be JUST fine because we crashed out of the league cup at the first hurdle last season in an abject manner

Nobel standard throbbing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 am

The Cult of Brentists are trying to write off yesterday's result as a meaningless match against non rivals in a Mickey Mouse cup.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 10:22 am

Poor old Tone Lōc didn't have the best of debuts baa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 10:39 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The Cult of Brentists are trying to write off yesterday's result as a meaningless match against non rivals in a Mickey Mouse cup.

Its the all the fans fault anyway

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 11:36 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

Yep quality throbbing from Pasoti's finest cretin........ jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suburb of Wales v The Muff   Suburb of Wales v The Muff - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suburb of Wales v The Muff
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next