Damon.Lenszner
Nick
Tringreen
Freathy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
To see this great club lose over 100 years of league history would be nothing short of disastrous.

Anorak time study

We only joined the Football League in 1920 ...
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:51 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

I can't help but feel Brent is being led by football dullards and he's hearing everything he's wanting to hear... we're only two players short of a good squad..... pass the potatoes please.

The sort who say "only 3 defeats in ten" rather than "only one win in six" you mean?

I would have thought it was painfully obvious that the first priority on taking over would have been for Mr Brent to have appointed a competent manager and coaching staff, for then ~ and only then; could a fit for purpose squad of players be either created from what he had or procured through the loan market to stand a chance of retrieving a pretty dire situation.

But then if you confess to knowing nothing about the core purpose of the operation you have acquired, you render yourself vulnerable to the type of twats like Newell who will blatantly tell you what they believe you need to hear to persuade you to dump a load of dosh on the table.

To sit in the directors box and play with his children rather than pay attention whilst his club is being taken apart before the eyes of every other paying punter in the ground such as they were in the Devon Derby suggests either a cynical dis-regard for the aforesaid core purpose of the operation (which then suggests more disturbing ulterior motives for having got involved in the first place) or an alarming naivety bordering on lunacy and inability to recognise sycophantic idiots when they surround him.

It all smacks of The Emperors New Clothes if you ask me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Indeed. I think most are agreed it all feels most unhealthy and doesn't bode well for the future at all.

Looks like we're stuck with a multi millionaire and a bunch of voluntary estate workers blaming the Germans, the Romans, the Greeks, the freaks, and according to Sky, the cheating fans of Plymouth.
Oh how how I wish I had the integrity of a Noughties Citibank Real Estate head man. I would love to know the reasoning why, without evidence to the contrary, why the employees were not paid much more of their back pay ahead of masively monied secured creditors at the point of sale. I just don't understand that sort of integrity.... I must be a thick selfish man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 pm

He can't bend the rules to bring in players and he can't bend the rules to pay the staff, this guy really is a saint!
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:05 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I would love to know the reasoning why, without evidence to the contrary, the employees were not paid much more of their back pay ahead of masively monied secured creditors at the point of sale. I just don't understand that sort of integrity.... I must be a thick selfish man.

Just as I cannot understand why The Football League have not insisted on ALL employees of whatever status being paid in full before any new owner can then operate a football club in such a way that it can continue to fulfull it's fixtures.

Well I do...............because most of the toads who sit on their management committees are of the same character as people like Brent. No scruples, no integrity no intention of "doing the right thing" before seeking their next quick buck.

That's why I think those who agreed to work for little or nothing "to save the club" have been complete idiots allowing themselves to be exploited ~ they should have taken the stance of yer man in Northern Ireland who said "I'm staying here unless you pay me you bastards"

Equally people who cough up their hard earned to throw into buckets and enter raffles for yet another bleedin' football shirt are equally stupid. Pursue the thieves who took the labours of these people without intending to pay for them and boycott the leeches who acquire the business with no intention to recompense the staff.

Any voluntary efforts and fund raising should be directed towards creating a phoenix club ~ it wouldn't be long before "YOUR" upwardly mobile club met "THEIRS" in it's continued free fall if indeed it was stilll in existence!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Merse where have you been, you belong to this site! lol!
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:57 pm

GOB wrote:
Merse where have you been, you belong to this site!

A Torquay fan all my life mate, living in North London for the past quarter of a century and with an inherent dislike of IJN. I found this site when my posts were pissed around with by PASOTI.

I laugh as much as the next fan when the neighbours get beaten (I've been laughing so much in the last three years it's beginning to hurt now) but you're a decent lot on here and seem to have your feet planted firmly on the ground.

The only thing I have to object to is the "We're so big and you're so small" attitude ~ I know my club is fecking small and I'm all the prouder for what we do achieve for that, and yes I do reckon just being a Football League club in that God awful place is a miracle!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Well if it means anything...and don't tell anyone..I was a Torquay fan before I was an Argyle fan, only for one match though! clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Merse I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here give it the 'biggest club in Devon' malarky. We are in no position to do that. We'd bite your arm off for a taste of the Gulls form of late.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Merse I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here give it the 'biggest club in Devon' malarky. We are in no position to do that. We'd bite your arm off for a taste of the Gulls form of late.

Well that's the point I was making really.

Do you know Argyle are the only side to score at Plainmoor in the 8 games since the middle of October? Didn't do you much good though as we were 3-0 up at the time!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Deleted my own own
posting cos I'm pissed and thought merse was a frikkin Aviva. Sorry .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 pm

I must say Tringy, I didn't quite get your drift Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm

GOB wrote:
Well if it means anything...and don't tell anyone..I was a Torquay fan before I was an Argyle fan, only for one match though! clown

You should of sent that via PM.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Deleted my own own
posting cos I'm pissed and thought merse was a frikkin Aviva. Sorry .

lol! lol! cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 pm

The dynamic duo have preached as much. No wallet backed directors and Where's Webby and Tool say the club is 'ours' to build. Jesus Christ we're f*cked !

Apologies to anyone offended by my taking the lord's name in vain but it is pretty f*ckin desperate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The dynamic duo have preached as much. No wallet backed directors and Where's Webby and Tool say the club is 'ours' to build. Jesus Christ we're f*cked !

Apologies to anyone offended by my taking the lord's name in vain but it is pretty f*ckin desperate.

Ouzo ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 pm

whatever it is I want some, the baby Jesus weeps lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 pm

greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Ouzo ?

Guinness and Bushmills mate................. been in England since late October. Going back soon though. Only witnessed the Oxford debacle. They don't come and see me when I'm bad ! lol !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Ouzo ?

Guinness and Bushmills mate................. been in England since late October. Going back soon though. Only witnessed the Oxford debacle. They don't come and see me when I'm bad ! lol !

Not LSD then .
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Tringreen wrote:
thought merse was a frikkin Aviva.

I saw that Paul Whitehouse in a pub about a year a go and asked him why he did the "Plymouth Argyle" advert in a Bristol accent ~ he me told to "feck Off!" cheers

Last edited by merse on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutley-Green

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 pm

It's hard to understand Mr Brent's motivations in owning our club. As has been pointed the football league's rules are easily bent and if he really wanted to offer decent wages to a couple of players to keep us in this league he could.

Although many will not have a bad word said against the great polite man who saved our club I am really struggling to understand what his plans are. He seems to be immune to criticism because if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have a club. I would be very interested to see how much of his own cash he actually invested to purchase the club. The staff are being paid back over a period of five years, and he cleverly used his puppets to reduce the P and A debts and other debts.

Many people also seem to forget that the tax payers of Plymouth helped buy the club to the tune of £1.6 million. What was not made clear during the time of this purchase was whether the council were just buying just the stadium or the surrounding land too. I also believe Brent negotiated mortgage debt to Lombard down to around £700k? and the other secured creditors debts were to be paid from future tv. monies? With the countless other unsecured creditors paid just 0.7p in the £ how much has it actually cost James Brent to purchase our club?

I believe his initial outlay has been relatively small so would it really hurt to invest a little now to ensure we keep our league status. He needs to realize that attendances will drop dramatically if we drop down to the conference and we will most likely be trapped there for years. All revenue streams will reduce and no doubt there will be further redundancies. So people may say overspending is how we ended up in this situation, but Brent has said himself that it does not cost a fortune to recruit decent players for this level. Any slight imbalance in wages now will be nothing in comparison to the loss of revenue if we drop of the FL.

Personally I believe we need strong leadership from Brent at this time to tell the fan base what his plans are. Is he going to do everything possible to save this club from relegation or is he going to do everything on the cheap and increase the risk of this great club dropping out of the league for however many years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Are the current gates and other, more minor, incomes enough to pay our staff and players as well as all the other costs of running the club at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Mutley-Green wrote:
It's hard to understand Mr Brent's motivations in owning our club. As has been pointed the football league's rules are easily bent and if he really wanted to offer decent wages to a couple of players to keep us in this league he could.

Although many will not have a bad word said against the great polite man who saved our club I am really struggling to understand what his plans are. He seems to be immune to criticism because if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have a club. I would be very interested to see how much of his own cash he actually invested to purchase the club. The staff are being paid back over a period of five years, and he cleverly used his puppets to reduce the P and A debts and other debts.

Many people also seem to forget that the tax payers of Plymouth helped buy the club to the tune of £1.6 million. What was not made clear during the time of this purchase was whether the council were just buying just the stadium or the surrounding land too. I also believe Brent negotiated mortgage debt to Lombard down to around £700k? and the other secured creditors debts were to be paid from future tv. monies? With the countless other unsecured creditors paid just 0.7p in the £ how much has it actually cost James Brent to purchase our club?

I believe his initial outlay has been relatively small so would it really hurt to invest a little now to ensure we keep our league status. He needs to realize that attendances will drop dramatically if we drop down to the conference and we will most likely be trapped there for years. All revenue streams will reduce and no doubt there will be further redundancies. So people may say overspending is how we ended up in this situation, but Brent has said himself that it does not cost a fortune to recruit decent players for this level. Any slight imbalance in wages now will be nothing in comparison to the loss of revenue if we drop of the FL.

Personally I believe we need strong leadership from Brent at this time to tell the fan base what his plans are. Is he going to do everything possible to save this club from relegation or is he going to do everything on the cheap and increase the risk of this great club dropping out of the league for however many years.

The council purchased only the stadium itself,the land behind the grandstand went to Mr Brent.It always intrigued me as to who he actually paid the money to for this land.Presumably before administration it was owned by PAFC Holdings or whatever the company was called.When we went into admin,did the stakeholders in that company also lose their status and the land transfer to the administrator or did the "secured creditor" factor come into play?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Greenskin - There was originally only one freehold, encompassing both the stadium and the land. I have been told but have no proof that when the deal was done there was a split as you say, with the stadium gpoing to the Council and the land to JB (or one of his vehicles). The total paid for the entire freehold was £700k - which was paid to Lombard, then JB sold the stadium to the Council for £1.6million. Lombard is now chasing the remaining £1.35million on the debt from the 5 original guarantors of the mortgage. affraid
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Mutley-Green wrote:
With the countless other unsecured creditors paid just 0.7p in the £

I understood it to be 0.077pence in the pound ~ but either way it is a hell of a difference to the actual amount owed. It's one thing to be a major corporation accepting that at a creditors' meeting but an entirely different kettle of fish to have that forced on you if you are a local small business with no say whatsoever in the majority say so of the creditors as a whole...............and what about the "4p" owed to Swindon Town? How the hell did that come about and how long will they have to wait for their money? scratch

............and yes, Brent HAS got that land behind the main stand. Of course he has, it's all he was ever interested in, why ever else would he be interested in an entity or sport he confesses to knowing nothing about?

I cannot believe the stupidity and naivety of those who have not picked up on this. I cannot believe the gullibility of those who cannot see why he has made the fans' "shop steward" his club president ~ it's the oldest management trick in the book .......get the union man on your side by making him "one of yours". Brent will just run the football club on a shoe string until he manages to dispose of it and then bugger off into the sunset with a hotel built on that piece of land

Last edited by merse on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break the Wage Cap!   Break the Wage Cap! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Break the Wage Cap!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next