+3
Greenskin
125+1
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Its the wage cap's fault.... Empty
PostSubject: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:42 pm

that we're not signing players! According to one of Brent's mouthpieces. Why doesn't JB actually put his hand in his pocket and pay off the high earners (e.g. Damien Johnson) so new players can be brought in (to allow space on the wagebill)? The blame is still being pointed at the M7 (guess the Green Taverner invites have stopped), as Grovehill points out, to deflect attention away from our poor on the field performances and General Management of the club. Flouncer also makes an appearance-

The Wage Cap done it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:58 pm

I really dont care anymore...that website and its odious leaders spout horseshit 24/7 in an attempt to protect James Brent, for the record i like James Brent..its just such a shame that "nool and ghoul" have his ear . Brent knows nothing of football and in his ignorance (bless him) he is listening to these 2 clowns wrecking the club from within.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
that we're not signing players! According to one of Brent's mouthpieces. Why doesn't JB actually put his hand in his pocket and pay off the high earners (e.g. Damien Johnson) so new players can be brought in (to allow space on the wagebill)? The blame is still being pointed at the M7 (guess the Green Taverner invites have stopped), as Grovehill points out, to deflect attention away from our poor on the field performances and General Management of the club. Flouncer also makes an appearance-

[co

lor=red]The Wage Cap done it[/color]

do we need another thread to go over old ground
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Next week they'll be blaming the Icelandic volcano, or the Eurozone crisis, or the fairies at the bottom of the garden ...

That's pretty much where I stand, Punchdrunk. You can't blame Brent for not knowing how to run a football club - it's completely different from any other business. I'd hazard a guess that none of the businessmen in the fanbase would know how to do it, either.

What bothers me is the absence of any expertise in the form of a board and chief executive or similar. Who's identifying possible targets, negotiating with players and agents, making sure all the registration stuff's done properly, and all the rest?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm

125+1 wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

[co

In what way is CA's post going over old ground? Perfectly topical subject,i'd have thought.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

[co

In what way is CA's post going over old ground? Perfectly topical subject,i'd have thought.

already discussed on another thread thats how
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:55 pm

I do wonder quite how high our wage bill is.

Barring a handful of players, Fletch, Walton, Bhasera, Larrieu the obvious ones, the days of CCC wages just don't exist. In fact, Walton signed a paycut contract to be assured of another one. The rest of our squad are kids or players who are so bad they work for free. Plus Purse and Chadwick.

I mean, who is still on our books from the past. D Johnson and R Patterson are, though I'd hope we're getting something from the clubs they're at for their services.

Apart from that, in the summer we lost Arnasen, JPaterson, Clark, Fallon, Bolasie, Duguid, Reid, Maclean, Seip, Summerfield, Timar, Mason, Zubar...on top of BWP, RJohnson, Noone who we lost in January. That's quite a chunk lost, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridsdale halved our wage bill over the summer.

I think we're spending too much of our wage bill on a player manager who won't play along with his assistant. Bhasera will probably get bought unless he picks up another unfortunate injury.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

As an aside, seeing Bolasie's name there, does anyone know how he is doing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 pm

[quote="Greenskin"]
125+1 wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

It's been done to death. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm

[quote="Bogsider"]
Greenskin wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Phew! On first glance I thought you were talking about Bolasie!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Wage Cap - irrelevant ..... Saltrock Stadium or Akkeron Arena would sort that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Wage Cap - irrelevant ..... Saltrock Stadium or Akkeron Arena would sort that out.

off topic but you are involved with plymouth raiders (or were i havent heard anything on that front) but with the raiders is there a wage cap involved and if so does it work for or against the club and its progression on and off the court?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Was involved - and no wage cap in the BBL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Exactly. But do you know what, I reckon some people would object to re-naming the ground, even if it raised enough funds to get Warnock and the players to ensure survival.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Bogsider wrote:

"Literally explained dozens of times." silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Was involved - and no wage cap in the BBL.

i see thankyou for your reply Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 pm

greenjock wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Exactly. But do you know what, I reckon some people would object to re-naming the ground, even if it raised enough funds to get Warnock and the players to ensure survival.

And rightly so, your football club and its ground are for life, even changing the ground's name so some knobber with too much cash can lord it over the real fans is just wrong.

I was up in Chesterfield Saturday to watch the mighty ECFC harvest three points, their new ground is a sad, soulless place replacing what was one of the most atmospheric grounds in the country, Saltergate.

Rebuilding on the same site is bad enough when they lose the intrinsic feel of a ground, but moving or changing a name so that some player can get paid three times what he is worth rather than twice, or some shareholder can rip the club and the fans off should be a capital crime.

PAFC should learn to live within the salary cap like everybody else should, the League should ensure that the games wealthy chairmen play to circumvent the rule are outlawed so we can have a nice level playing field for everyone, then maybe we shall see games between sides that contain a fair smattering of local kids who are playing for more than their retirement funds.

Napoleon has thrown it into the fray now in his new role in charge of disinformation, anything to take blame away from the boy Brent, to be fair there is probably an issue there, but to use the Porky one's organ to disseminate the information was always bound to raise hackles, you have a problem with that pair, Porky and Webb, to quote a regular poster on Exeweb, "they have all the PR instincts of Attila the Hun".

You don't need major new signings to get out of your current predicament, you just need to keep the best team you have got on the pitch for 90 minutes every week, it will be tight but there are only two for the drop and current form would suggest that the Gas are nailed on for one of those, although you can never be certain, dagenham looked in real trouble but now I hear that they have definitely turned the corner, which their results would seem to confirm. I have a bad feeling about AFCW so would make it two from eight for you, we are in a four from seven but do have a few points in the bag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Napoleon has thrown it into the fray now in his new role in charge of disinformation, anything to take blame away from the boy Brent, to be fair there is probably an issue there, but to use the Porky one's organ to disseminate the information was always bound to raise hackles, you have a problem with that pair, Porky and Webb, to quote a regular poster on Exeweb, "they have all the PR instincts of Attila the Hun".

That whole post is an excellent one Tizzy. I'm beginning to think the Tritium is beginning to take it's toll down here.
Disinformation is the new green and black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its the wage cap's fault....   Its the wage cap's fault.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Its the wage cap's fault....
Page 1 of 1