sufferedsince 68
PatDunne
Yea Man
vincent_vega
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 5:40 pm

So have I , TG. No access problems, outside the green spaces thing etc
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
And some fell on stoney ground.

It's better than having my head stuck up my ass.

You really don't get it do you.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:08 pm

I'll have you know that my kettle is deeply offended by you calling him black. He wants to be known as sooty.
You can be Soo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Perhaps he can play as a Sweep--er tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Brits" was originally derogatory and was first coined by Irish nationalists to insult our soldiers on duty in Northern Ireland.

Since then it has been, rather bizarrely, adopted by us without so much as a hint of objection rendering its earlier intended derogatory intent impotent.

"Japs" hasn't been used because it bestows respect to people from Japan, has it? It has been used to show a lack of respect and, therefore, to insult them. Insulting somebody because of their nationality is blatantly racist just as insulting people over any characteristic beyond their control is horribly bigoted. That's what is wrong with it.

I can't believe we still need to talk about this. None of this is in the slightest bit difficult unless you are a racist bigot and proud of it.

It is 2017 not 1717, isn't it?

What a load of feckin crap. The reason the word Brit has "bizarrely, been adopted by us without so much as a hint of objection" is because Brit is just a shortening of British (not some imagined derogatary Irish insult). Jap is just a shortening of Japanese.   As was the shortened version of Pakistani originally, before the likes of you decided differently.  Sorry if the mere sight of the word gets you upset. Is Russki racist?  Is Swede?  Is it still okay to call Americans Yanks or is that now moved from a term of gentle ribbing to now being also being racist?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 pm

As an aside, swedes in Cornwall are known as turnips, due to them being Swedish turnips. In England, a turnip is a turnip, and a swede a swede.
Deep down, us humans all know when we're abusing others with our language and actions, and life is full of people trying to justify that abuse, and people defending themselves. One overriding "morality" seems to hold sway across the board, and that is it's ok to kick up, but it's not ok to kick down. It's probably a natural herd necessity somewhere to follow that premise, or social structure fails and it all goes belly up. Quite clear to me in a clear way raised eyebrow
Ho hum

Last edited by beesrus on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Fake news nool!!!

Staplewallet was a guilty as all involved in our downfall hat resulted in us having james brent as a chairman. For that alone he should never return except as a paying fan watching in the stands.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 2:51 am

Graiser wrote:
This PC world we now live in does my Bleddy head in, over the years I've had friends and work colleagues of various races and we've indulged in 2 way banter without any issues whatsoever, so I'm a white honky, so what.
The problem at times lies with the bystanders of a "non pc conversation" who seem to get all precious about it, while those that are indulging in this banter don't have a problem with it.
The MP this week was a bit naive with the position she occupies in public life but it is difficult when you've grown up in an era when phrases such as she used were uttered with no racial intent meant but have now been hijacked by the PC brigade, bugger growing up in the fifties I had a "gay" childhood, now my grandchildren have to have a "happy" childhood.

school chldren should be made to watch re runs of "love thy neighbour" cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
This PC world we now live in does my Bleddy head in, over the years I've had friends and work colleagues of various races and we've indulged in 2 way banter without any issues whatsoever, so I'm a white honky, so what.
The problem at times lies with the bystanders of a "non pc conversation" who seem to get all precious about it, while those that are indulging in this banter don't have a problem with it.
The MP this week was a bit naive with the position she occupies in public life but it is difficult when you've grown up in an era when phrases such as she used were uttered with no racial intent meant but have now been hijacked by the PC brigade, bugger growing up in the fifties I had a "gay" childhood, now my grandchildren have to have a "happy" childhood.

And "Til death do us part" Bleddy hell the PC police would have a field day.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Haha yes.....Sambo and white honky being two of the milder comments on those shows
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:24 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Brits" was originally derogatory and was first coined by Irish nationalists to insult our soldiers on duty in Northern Ireland.

Since then it has been, rather bizarrely, adopted by us without so much as a hint of objection rendering its earlier intended derogatory intent impotent.

"Japs" hasn't been used because it bestows respect to people from Japan, has it? It has been used to show a lack of respect and, therefore, to insult them. Insulting somebody because of their nationality is blatantly racist just as insulting people over any characteristic beyond their control is horribly bigoted. That's what is wrong with it.

I can't believe we still need to talk about this. None of this is in the slightest bit difficult unless you are a racist bigot and proud of it.

It is 2017 not 1717, isn't it?

Are you for real. Only pea brains, and they're becoming more prevalent, would choose to see being called a jap an insult. I'm not sure even Japanese people are offended. What a cry baby you are. You see demons everywhere.
And then you play the racist bigot card. You're no different from that other clown on here. You know, the one that keeps changing his name.

They're just the worstestest. Bastards, the lot of em. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:44 am

beesrus wrote:
As an aside, swedes in Cornwall are known as turnips, due to them being Swedish turnips. In England, a turnip is a turnip, and a swede a swede.
Deep down, us humans all know when we're abusing others with our language and actions, and life is full of people trying to justify that abuse, and people defending themselves. One overriding "morality" seems to hold sway across the board, and that is it's ok to kick up, but it's not ok to kick down. It's probably a natural herd necessity somewhere to follow that premise, or social structure fails and it all goes belly up. Quite clear to me in a clear way raised eyebrow
Ho hum

Agree with this and especially in light of our previous exchanges, for which I apologise.

As for Newell - and speaking to your point - he clearly was using Japs as a derogatory term, given the context. Hardly 'bantz', is it? Certainly meant my racism radar went off immediately. Sometimes you just know.

The other crap being espoused by others here around terms like '****' once being acceptable and harmless....give me strength. Is this the kind of golden return we have to look forward to through Brexit and beyond?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

And Stapleton...guilty of naivety and a little greed, most probably. Have no real view on whether or not he should be 'allowed' back into HP. Doubt it would be a very comfortable experience for him though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:

It was so brilliantly written and performed that to this day some people obviously still don't "get" that programme at all. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Ho hum

Agree with this and especially in light of our previous exchanges, for which I apologise.

As for Newell - and speaking to your point - he clearly was using Japs as a derogatory term, given the context. Hardly 'bantz', is it? Certainly meant my racism radar went off immediately. Sometimes you just know.

The other crap being espoused by others here around terms like '****' once being acceptable and harmless....give me strength. Is this the kind of golden return we have to look forward to through Brexit and beyond?

Bingo!

Yep. It is as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 10:18 am

fascinating to see people getting down to the nitty gritty of pc bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 am

Hitch wrote:

I'm with Stewart Lee on this (yes, another loony leftist) and proud to be unashamedly PC. On the whole it makes the world a better place.

What are your other bugbears? Health and safety crap?
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Ho hum

Bingo!

Yep. It is as simple as that.

Innit?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Hitch wrote:

Why would anybody be averse to that "PC bollocks"?

All PC is is an awareness that sometimes language offends and such language is best avoided as a result unless you are some sort of bigot deliberately trying to be insulting. When I was growing up my parents had a special word for it: "manners".

There were others that hit roughly the same spot: tolerancy, politeness, respect and decency being two of them.

What is so wrong with being polite, tolerant, well-mannered, decent and respectful?

What does anybody gain, anything that is worth having anyway, from being un-PC, from being ill-mannered, intolerant, rude, disrespectful and profane?

I understand that these people find resorting to a limited vocabulary easy and comforting, so let's just park that to one side, but what do they feel they have gained by abusing the right to free speech by causing deliberate offence?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 pm

You were doing so well until your second-to-last line where the urge to insult those you don't agree with became just too much.
What was it you said about bigots ?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What does anybody gain, anything that is worth having anyway, from being un-PC, from being ill-mannered, intolerant, rude, disrespectful and profane?

I understand that these people find resorting to a limited vocabulary easy and comforting, so let's just park that to one side, but what do they feel they have gained by abusing the right to free speech by causing deliberate offence?

Have you ever addressed your concerns about abusing free speech to the BBC?

They regularly allow the use of the C word in dramas. A word that was taboo in my younger days and a word I still refuse to accept.

This is so typical of your one sided bigoted view. You only see what you want to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 3:29 pm

2017 - Where everyone is offended by everything! popcorn3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Ho hum

Thanks for that Innocent, much appreciated. We all get it wrong sometimes and I knew a roomy of Dick Trickle had to be a good sort.
No one likes continuing stand offs over very little.
As soon as anyone starts giving me the old anti pc fing, I instantly know what animal I'm dealing with. And that's as it should be. Reacting to, and describing someone's behaviour, rather than their creed, race, religion etc is where it's at. Funny it should be Graiser encouraging a Stapleton thread to descend into politics. And there was me thinking he was wanting to be apolitical on here.Razz Naughty Graiser.

As far as Stapleton goes, he was nowhere near as bad as Todd and Kagami in my mind, but an effective pre pack 10 years on seeing Jones, Wrathall and Stapleton back, would be an insult to all Argyle fans. Stapleton, who I have known way back before he was chairman, made a big big mistake, and I don't see how he should come back in any role whatsoever apart from a bulk standard fan.
I wonder if Brent wants to stand back, once his investment is secure and hugely profitable, and hand over the boring football stuff for not much more than a £1 on a strictly contained budget and lucrative rent to the old guard. He originally wanted Ridsdale to play a similar role.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm

What on earth did Kagami do that was so wrong?  Apart from give a boat load of money!  I think he only ever visited Plymouth once and seem to entrust his 'authority' to Tony Campbell?

He seemed to play no part in any decisions made whatsoever at Home Park.  In my mind, he seemed to have got stiffed more than anyone else, considering...

What are you reasons he was 'badder' than Stapleton, Beezy?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Perhaps Stapes, bought a argo Pootball badge and the slate was wiped clean...... eehs one of uzzzz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Staplewallet   Paul Staplewallet - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Staplewallet
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next