Czarcasm
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:08 am

Probably our greatest ever player, with what he went on to achieve.

Sad times. Sad
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:10 am

Sad news
Back to top Go down

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:11 am

RIP Paul Sad what a player he was in his career and more importantly what a man he was.

I truly hope the club honor him with a permanent memorial one day.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:38 am

I met him one day.  At an LA Galaxy Vs New England Patriots Game.  He literally gave me the shirt off his back.

There is quite a back story to our meeting.  I hope it comes out in his book...

He was a lovely man.  He died from the same disease as my brother.  I have the utmost empathy for him and his family.  It was never ever going to be a good ending.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RIP Paul.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:49 am

RIP peace Paul, you was the geatest forward that was in the time that I been following the greens
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:50 am

Just seen this. Really shocking and sad news. Just looked on BBC website to see if anything on there and there is. Really sad. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 8:00 am

A true Argyle legend.

RIP Paul.
Back to top Go down

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 8:09 am

Legend status is awarded to easily these days but not in Paul’s case a true Argyle legend in all senses of the word.
Thanks for the memories Paul.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 8:11 am

Sad news. Sad
Our best ever player as others have said. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 8:16 am

Terrible news. The best player ever to pull on the Argyle shirt bar none and an all round class act, never forget his debut against Rochdale which was one of those "Jeez, where did he come from" moments-an absolute realisation that this was something different and very special. Devastated when he went to Ipswich and never trusted an Argyle board since-a team and manager which could have been built on and really achieved things was thrown to the four winds. His spell as manager under difficult circumstances sadly didn't work out but did nothing to erase his status as an all time great.

RIP Paul
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 9:08 am

RIP indeed, as others have said probably our greatest ever player, certainly the best I've seen in the green Sad Hope England can do it for him tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 9:34 am

Just found out. Sad news indeed, he brought a lot of joy to many with his dazzling skills and will be forever fondly remembered by all who support P.A.F.C.
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 9:35 am

RIP Paul. The best player i've ever seen in an Argyle shirt.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 9:45 am

RIP Paul. Saw him on his reserve debut where he rose salmon like, trapped the ball on his head and then bashed  it into the net. Great player. Mariner and Rafferty what a pairing/

Last edited by shonbo on Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 10:03 am

One of my first and last true Argyle legends, truly great player, lost a sibling and an Aunty to a brain tumour a horrible disease, thoughts are with the family.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 10:16 am

RIP indeed...great player
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 10:50 am

RIP Paul Mariner one of the Argyle greats if not the greatest. Thoughts go to his family.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:00 am

My grandfather was an Argyle supporter from 1920 until he couldn't go any more,1991 from memory. He saw Sammy Black, Jack Leslie, Jack Cock, Raymond Bowden, David Jack, Maurice Tadman and all of the other players who made a big impression on Argyle's history-Mariner was better than any of them he once told me, a quite unusual opinion from someone looking back, we tend to get a bit of the rose coloured specs syndrome kicking in sometimes. He was adamant though and 35 England caps don't lie-love to think that someone better will come along but not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:08 am

Many happy memories of him in a Green shirt.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:29 am

My first footballing hero as an impressionable kid on the railings in front of the Demport end.

A great loss. Very sad.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:48 am

Hopefully, there will be some recognition for Paul before tomorrow's match
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Yes BBC/ITV should and hopefully do make a mention of his passing.
Back to top Go down

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 7:49 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Yes BBC/ITV should and hopefully do make a mention of his passing.

im sure they will do but im not sure if UEFA will allow England to have a minutes silence or wear black armbands tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 10:41 am

Greenskin wrote:
Terrible news. The best player ever to pull on the Argyle shirt bar none and an all round class act, never forget his debut against Rochdale which was one of those "Jeez, where did he come from" moments-an absolute realisation that this was something different and very special. Devastated when he went to Ipswich and never trusted an Argyle board since-a team and manager which could have been built on and really achieved things was thrown to the four winds. His spell as manager under difficult circumstances sadly didn't work out but did nothing to erase his status as an all time great.

RIP Paul

Yep, I saw his first game as well, best player ever to wear the shirt.

So sad, RIP Paul Mariner
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:01 am

Twitter still awash today with his death. Will be surprised if Lineker doesnt mention him tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paul Mariner RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Mariner RIP   Paul Mariner RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Mariner RIP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next