Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:13 am

Come again Reg confused

Les Miserable wrote:
The drawings don't even look amateurish.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 am

Looking at the season tickets sales (and ST seats being held) there not going to be many seats going for POTD left when the refurbishment starts and the Mayflower ST holder are moved.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Come again Reg  confused

Les Miserable wrote:
That one that heads the last link that was the plan i was on about looks pretty amateurish to me les
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:47 am

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Where are all the Argyle staff,players and pigs are going to park, When/if the Grand stand and ice rink are being built? I asume the ice rink will be built at the life centre end of the carpark?

the big free car prk that brent want the council to start charging so his carpark didnt lose money.

more i think about the original hhp the more angry (no pun intended) it makes me that our council passed that. Thank god Brent couldnt deliver it. Story of his life.

The bit behind BPE in HHP was the entrance to the underground car park using concourse outside Horseshoe as access road.

Give me strength, not again?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 8:50 am

RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Come again Reg  confused

Les Miserable wrote:
That one that heads the last link that was the plan i was on about looks pretty amateurish to me les

Me too, the clue is in the word even Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 1:37 pm

"Don't even look amateurish" reads as the drawings do not look amateurish to me. And anyone else who speaks English.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 2:01 pm

maybe the clue is calling the plans drawings - just a wild stab in the dark guess could be wrong :-)
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 pm

MikeWN wrote:
"Don't even look amateurish" reads as the drawings do not look amateurish to me. And anyone else who speaks English.

Don't look amateurish would imply that they don't look amateurish.

Don't even look amateurish would, or at the very least could imply that they aren't even that good.

The English language isn't set in stone, you interpret it however you wish my friend, but attempting to speak for everyone is probably a little above your station.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Just seen odd job man Mark litter picking along side the main facade, it must be another man job because he left all the weeds in place.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
MikeWN wrote:

Don't even look amateurish would, or at the very least could imply that they aren't even that good.

The English language isn't set in stone, you interpret it however you wish my friend, but attempting to speak for everyone is probably a little above your station.

It's not good enough even to be classed as amateurish in design.... confused
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 4:08 pm

zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
MikeWN wrote:

There ya go zyph, not difficult is it?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
MikeWN wrote:

Maybe difficult for some on here....misinterpretation seems to be the norm for some....even when that nice Mr Brent spends 40 minutes explaining how things are.....although he was a little naughty muddying the water with throwing in a stage two.... which isn't anything to do with stage ones £5million spend.....but stage two being built would make stage one look better than it is.....just need the money and a date for it to be built..... scratch
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:19 pm

zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
zyph wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
MikeWN wrote:

Maybe difficult for some on here....misinterpretation seems to be the norm for some....even when that nice Mr Brent spends 40 minutes explaining how things are.....although he was a little naughty muddying the water with throwing in a stage two.... which isn't anything to do with stage ones £5million spend.....but stage two being built would make stage one look better than it is.....just need the money and a date for it to be built..... scratch

Maybe that'll come from the corporate bunce.....what was it again, million per year bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 pm

You're an easy mark, Zyph. Some people are, some people aren't. No big deal.
Some people spend their life explaining their ideas and plans for their working life to whoever will listen. Doesn't mean they're right, and in this case, Brent ain't. He gets to do it because he's got money, not because he's right.
He doesn't live in Plymouth, has never followed football, or Argyle, and yet he gets to put forward a right mish mash of a building project dressed up as something else, with no guarantee whatsoever where the extra projected receipts will go.  Well, actually that's not true, we know where the money will go..... in his own words, into the balance sheet, and hence into the value of his investment. The football stays the same, and the price to buy the propertyfootball club goes up and up, and hence beyond any sensible real investment from someone else interested in running a football team. We've landed ourselves a land banker.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 pm

The shyster is spinning his Web of deceit and muddying the waters quite effectively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Reg/Les I think you're on the same team. Cool
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Foreshore Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 7:32 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I don't see the need for all this negativity. In a specially commissioned poll 78% of all voters on Pasoti love the designs lol! :pighug: :greenrave:

The vote is supposed to be about how 'stage 1' looks only but  I bet most of the deluded fools are voting on the mythical 'stage 2' which is not happening.  If there was a true representative image of just 'stage 1' - i.e. the only stage - viewed from pitch side the vote would be very different.

I can't believe how gullible some Argo fans are.

BRENT OUT
HALLETT OUT
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 7:55 am

Freathy wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
I don't see the need for all this negativity. In a specially commissioned poll 78% of all voters on Pasoti love the designs lol! :pighug: :greenrave:

The vote is supposed to be about how 'stage 1' looks only but  I bet most of the deluded fools are voting on the mythical 'stage 2' which is not happening.  If there was a true representative image of just 'stage 1' - i.e. the only stage - viewed from pitch side the vote would be very different.

I can't believe how gullible some Argo fans are.

BRENT OUT
HALLETT OUT

For some argyle fans we have a special kind of dim in Plymouth
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 12:43 pm

It ominous that Brent got his eye on other parts of the park

Central Park has a 'stunning' group of sporting facilities that are only going to get better, according to Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent.

The Life Centre and Home Park are two of the sporting venues already based in the area, and with the ice rink due to relocate there in the not too distant future, things are looking good for the area.

However Brent believes that there is a lot of wasted space around Home Park, with green and brown space both needing to be utilised more.

"I absolutely passionately believe that one of the great assets of this city, alongside its fabulous coastline and history, is Central Park," said Brent.

"The fact that is green space is absolutely right, it should be totally respected and we need to preserve the green space.

"My bugbear with the green space is that we need to utilise it much better than we currently do.

"Having said that, we have got some brown space around which could be better utilised.

"I think the vision of the city, the Life Centre as we look out of the window, that is a stunning asset.

"It has one and a half million visitors a year when it was built to accommodate a million.

"Having this as the central sport and leisure destination for the city is right but obviously respecting the outdoor green space as part of that.

"And we will be coming forward very shortly with plans to move the ice arena to Home Park as part of that."

There has been fan talk in the past of Albion and Raiders relocating to Central Park, in a move that would benefit all concerned.

However there are also concerns that playing multiple sports on one pitch, would do far more damage than good.

"I agree with the general principal that with Home Park itself as a great sporting asset and the Life Centre as a great sporting asset and with the ice coming to Home Park, you have a stunning group of facilities," Brent said.

"With the other bits there are some complexities. Clearly there are concerns about playing rugby for rugby fans as well as football for football fans on a football pitch.

"And there would be even greater concerns from the Green Army about the damage that it is perceived that rugby can do.

"In terms of the detail of that there are some things that need to be thought through."

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 12:46 pm

So he's saying what we already knew hes only in it for the land. a non argyle supporting mate from plymouth thinks that about him, he also thought Reid was still manager....
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Foreshore Thanks/OK
Yep all day long  Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Tgwu wrote:
[b][size=18]

"My bugbear with the green space is that we need to utilise it much better than we currently do.

What a philistine. He's as bad as Trump. These "business" people out to make a big buck for themselves just don't get it.His idea of making greenspace better is building on it, first, last, and only, and probably owning it into the bargain.
I tell you what Jimmy, lets come down and better utilise the green space next to where you live. See how you like that.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 pm

beesrus wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
[b][size=18]

What a philistine. He's as bad as Trump. These "business" people out to make a big buck for themselves just don't get it.His idea of making greenspace better is building on it, first, last, and only, and probably owning it into the bargain.
I tell you what Jimmy, lets come down and better utilise the green space next to where you live. See how you like that.
Jimmy and Community Si, want to get rid of that pain in the arse Grass stuff that keeps on growing and you have to pay some local pleb to cut it when you could cover the whole park with some cost efficent concrete!!...ffs you moaners sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
It ominous that Brent got his eye on other parts of the park

Central Park has a 'stunning' group of sporting facilities that are only going to get better, according to Plymouth Argyle chairman James Brent.

The Life Centre and Home Park are two of the sporting venues already based in the area, and with the ice rink due to relocate there in the not too distant future, things are looking good for the area.

However Brent believes that there is a lot of wasted space around Home Park, with green and brown space both needing to be utilised more.

"I absolutely passionately believe that one of the great assets of this city, alongside its fabulous coastline and history, is Central Park," said Brent.

"The fact that is green space is absolutely right, it should be totally respected and we need to preserve the green space.

"Having said that, we have got some brown space around which could be better utilised.

"I think the vision of the city, the Life Centre as we look out of the window, that is a stunning asset.

"It has one and a half million visitors a year when it was built to accommodate a million.

"Having this as the central sport and leisure destination for the city is right but obviously respecting the outdoor green space as part of that.

"And we will be coming forward very shortly with plans to move the ice arena to Home Park as part of that."

There has been fan talk in the past of Albion and Raiders relocating to Central Park, in a move that would benefit all concerned.

However there are also concerns that playing multiple sports on one pitch, would do far more damage than good.

"I agree with the general principal that with Home Park itself as a great sporting asset and the Life Centre as a great sporting asset and with the ice coming to Home Park, you have a stunning group of facilities," Brent said.

"With the other bits there are some complexities. Clearly there are concerns about playing rugby for rugby fans as well as football for football fans on a football pitch.

"And there would be even greater concerns from the Green Army about the damage that it is perceived that rugby can do.

"In terms of the detail of that there are some things that need to be thought through."

In the words of Nietzche he who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying

Basically Have at least one successful building project first before planning multiple others.

Central Park needs saving from Brent. There is already improvements to the park being planned that benefit the people and still keeps with the ethos of the park. I dont want to see another planning app from this joke like HHP that will destroy that to line his pockets only.

Im sure the council wont betray the people of plymouth on this matter......i hope so anyway they didnt shine last time on this matter in truth. Plus Albion are happy where they are and dont want to share Home Park there is no need too especially to line brents pocket with rent especially as they have plans to be a successful team on the pitch and Brickfields can be developed to suit premiership requirements should hell ever freeze over.

IF that ice rink is ever built sure move the raiders in if the rink is a decent arena and not bog-standard clap trap one.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 23 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next