Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving away from Home Park

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Moving away from Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 pm

If Brent offered us a brand new state of the art 15,000 capacity stadium with room to enlarge to 20,000 and situated somewhere like Roborough Airport, what would the opinions be?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Extremely negative, I would say...

I touched on this several months ago.

It's my belief that most 'plymouth' fans support the team that plays at Home Park as opposed to 'Argyle'!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:29 pm

If he complimented that with the investment to 'guarantee' getting us back into the Championship, then I couldn't see much of a problem.

He won't though and is only interested in HP for the development potential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Moving away.....   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:40 pm

First off make sure we stay in the Foootbal leage, then move up the Leagues. THEN a new stadium. If Mr Brent stays, with the success of promotions etc he won't have to dig so deep.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Would be tempted, If the stadium had a bit of character about it instead of these 'bowl's that seem to be cropping up everywhere.

I rather like brighton's amex arena, something different to the new things.

Its not going to be happening though is it?! So lets just stay in the league first!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 pm

GOB wrote:
If Brent offered us a brand new state of the art 15,000 capacity stadium with room to enlarge to 20,000 and situated somewhere like Roborough Airport, what would the opinions be?

I think that is a stupid idea that would cost millions of pounds that could be better to either improve the team or the stadium, or both, we already have.

Apart from a bill what would we gain?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stolen from pasoti, but wow!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
GOB wrote:

I think that is a stupid idea that would cost millions of pounds that could be better to either improve the team or the stadium, or both, we already have.

Apart from a bill what would we gain?

Nah,bring it on,i wouldn't have to drive through the Plymouth suburbs any more if it was at Roborough airport. cheers cheers

Probably a site at Lee Mill would be ideal if the club ever contemplated moving-good transport links,road and rail,could be provided with a bit of imagination and planning.25000 capacity would be ideal but i'm inclined to agree with SFD on this one,can't see any reason for it.Most of the clubs who have upped sticks have moved from grounds in inner cities,in other words prime development land with inbuilt deficiencies as far as big football crowds are concerned.Home Park has limitless potential for development if the finance is right and the council/Brent own the land anyway,there wouldn't be any financial windfall for the club,so i couldn't really see the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Plus there's (hopefully) enough people interested in making sure the covenants are kept to, so the Home Park land wouldn't be worth much.

Personally, I like being able to walk to matches. That feels well proper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Why ask Gob ? It's an old chestnut that gives me nightmares regarding a house swop with Marjons or Sutton Harbour Holdings and you know who.

I would be livid if we had gone through all this nonsense just to have been landed with the latest real estate speculator. There is no football or fiscal reason to move out of the park. Permissions are granted in effect to finish the stadium and build an hotel ... end of. The trouble is, you can never be sure that some understandings are just around the corner.
Youngsters would go along with a move, but they go along with anything these days as long as it has a mobile signal and a drive-in MacDoughnut.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:49 pm

In years to come, when every other team has a meccano-style identikit stadium on an out-of-town industrial estate, we'll thank our lucky stars that at least our crappy meccano-style identikit stadium has a location to die for... flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:08 pm

I wouldn't like it much. A 15 k stadium would have maybe 14500 usable seats by the time you include segregation areas. 15k capacity seems to signal that we wouldn't be aiming much higher than the lower leagues. Would like to see 20,000 and a design that can be added to. I know that lot's will say that we didn't get great crowds when we were in the championship. I think that building such a small stadium will limit our potential income for any big cup draws or if we a really flying in the league and lets face it once it's built, it's going to stay that size for a long time. It's a no from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:15 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Why ask Gob ? It's an old chestnut that gives me nightmares regarding a house swop with Marjons or Sutton Harbour Holdings and you know who.

There's no agenda, no conspiracy theory's. I was reading a bit regarding Liverpool's "maybe" move from Anfield and the fans comments regarding history, identity etc. and I got to thinking how I would feel with what would be a more then likely scaled down version of the ever so modern but boring bowl stadium that we would probably end up with, the type that everyone has these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving away from Home Park   Moving away from Home Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving away from Home Park
Page 1 of 1