Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)

Go down 
+38
Graham Clark
tigertony
AstiSpumante
seadog
Jon L
Cornish Rebel
vincent_vega
Innocent Egbunike
Rollo Tomasi
Lord Melbury
Peggy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
Ballboy1958EGS
MikeWN
zyph
Elias
Tringreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
GreenDick25
Dingle
Grovehill
green_genie
Greenskin
RegGreen
Les Miserable
Charlie Wood
Freathy
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
Rickler
Czarcasm
Tgwu
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeWN

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Dane. wrote:
None of this makes any sense. They have already stated how much the development will cost, therefore must have quantified the project via a detailed design.

so why the need for a working group ?

Probably going for a reduced Consultation Period for Planning Application.

More so as a box ticking exercise, for me

Fan involvement - tick.

Probably correct. The consultation periods are set in stone, and while it's not yet a statutory requirement to consult with the local community and/or users before the application goes in, it's a big plus if you can show that you have.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 2:03 am

Czarcasm wrote:
. Then wack some permanent seats on the Mayflower.

It'll look cheap. It'll look shite..

Cant do the permanent seats though without a covering roof though under current ground legislation. Costs would escalate with that. I can see a complete refurb of Grandstand only with the new conference facilities. £4 million (net) goes nowhere these days
I reckon the Mayflower terrace will remain untouched
Hooligan will lap it up of course and tell everyone we've done our best.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Cant do the permanent seats though without a covering roof though under current ground legislation. Costs would escalate with that. I can see a complete refurb of Grandstand only with the new conference facilities. £4 million (net) goes nowhere these days

I wouldn't be at all surprised. At least with a half arsed makeover when we get a proper owner the whole mayflower stand will be easier to demolish and replace with a proper stand.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 am

Freathy wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised.  At least with a half arsed makeover when we get a proper owner the whole mayflower stand will be easier to demolish and replace with a proper stand.

Come on down Arry!!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 11:47 am

CHAIRMAN James Brent has held the first of a series of monthly meetings with a group of selected Plymouth Argyle supporters about plans for the redevelopment and the expansion of the Grandstand at Home Park.

Brent outlined the plans, which will see the creation of a new conferencing and banqueting centre, and project director Tony Hopwood presented the initial architects' designs.

The Argyle chairman told Herald Sport it was still early in the process and the designs were not ready to be put in the public domain.

But he described the first meeting with the Green Army Grandstand Working Group as 'positive' and stressed he was committed to seeking the advice of the consultative body.

Hopwood has worked for Brent's Akkeron Group since 2013 and has a background in construction and development, both in the private and public sector.

The £5 million redevelopment and expansion of the grandstand is being funded by a combination of a loan and the purchase of new shares in the club by director Simon Hallett and his wife, Jane.

Argyle invited supporters to put their names forward to be part of the working group and Brent revealed there had been a good response to that request.

The names of those selected, however, are not being revealed.

Brent said: "We invited people to put their CVs in and had a very good response – probably just under 50.

"We chose them to be representative of the fanbase.

"So we are asking all members of the working group to consider the requirements of all supporters."

Brent added: "We haven't asked them to take any public position.

"We are just seeking their advice on what they think does and doesn't work for fans.

"It's still very much in the early stages but we are clearly seeking to balance the different needs of different people.

"They are fairly early designs but I think people are pretty positive about them."

Brent hopes a planning application will be submitted to Plymouth City Council 'in the early summer' and to have that determined by the autumn.

"That would enable us to start on site at the beginning of 2018 and to be wrapped up by March 2019," he said.

Brent, Argyle chief executive Martyn Starnes and Hopwood will attend the monthly meetings with the grandstand working group.

"We clearly have an internal management team that meets more frequently with the professional team to work things through, and that includes a wide cross section of the club," said the Pilgrims' chairman.

Brent stated there were 'a whole host of things' that he wanted to get the opinions of the working group on.

He said: "We have got a fully functioning professional team with architects, surveyors, civil engineers and so on, so it's not looking for professional advice on the cheap.

"But we want to make sure we put the right facilities in the right place to both look after the interests of existing supporters and to attract new ones to the football club.

"The ambitions of the grandstand are threefold.

"It is to provide a better physical environment for existing supporters to watch Argyle than the current grandstand provides.

"It is to provide a good environment to attract new supporters to the football club, recognising that facilities are important. We have an aspiration to increase the number of women supporters, for example.

"The third category is to generate material additional matchday and non-matchday income so that we can fund the progression of the club back up the leagues.

"Those are the three criteria, and all of the advice we are seeking is about bettering the facilities for one or more of them."

Argyle have stated all supporters will have the opportunity to comment on and make suggestions about the grandstand plans as they are developed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

So they state they've got professionals doing the professional jobs. Why on earth should you be required to put in a CV, if it is just to garner fan opinion?

Clearly some opinions are more worthy than others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Apart from the technical and professional aspects of the project, which clearly need the relevantly qualified people - why not throw open to the entire green army what we would like to see as far as hospitality goes?

Why leave that to a few 'hand-picked' fans? It may be nothing like what the rest of us would like to see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Mr. Brownstone wrote:
Apart from the technical and professional aspects of the project, which clearly need the relevantly qualified people - why not throw open to the entire green army what we would like to see as far as hospitality goes?

Why leave that to a few 'hand-picked' fans? It may be nothing like what the rest of us would like to see.
Don't forget, there's some on the 'special panel' that speak for the silent majority lol!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Ian is especially qualified to represent the views of the grateful Janners....
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Rest assured...

The fans desire to have a Lighthouse in the stadium will be well represented.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 3:53 pm

small minded attitude will result in small time achievements.

Think Big !
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 3:54 pm

ok, a very big lighthouse, massive even.....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Heard a whisper regarding John Lloyds end of season survey. PAFC are requesting a slight change to the format.

From this season forward you'll be required to forward your CV to the club. Then, if selected, you'll be invited to attend a recruitment day followed by a series of formal interviews. If successful after all these stages of the process you'll be put into a lottery draw whereby ONE lucky winner will be invited to give his/her opinion on all things Green.

Also, one pre-requisite to all of the above - you MUST BE either an Owner/Flight Commander/Administrator of the greatest Forum in the world, Pasoti, before entering the first stage of the process.

Good Luck peeps.

Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 4:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Are you sure about the seats? The Green Guide only says that seating areas 'should' be covered, and that in partially covered or uncovered areas, provisions are put in place to prevent people crowding into covered areas when it rains. Presumably that means a bloke with a big stick stopping people moving from the Mayflower to the Grandstand if it pelts down. Even the terrace conversion section talks about [b]if[/i] there is a roof.

I know that the terrace can't be re-opened as standing but leaving it to rot away would be borderline criminal. Christ, dig it up and put pitch-side boxes there, or a bloody mural if needs be - anything is better than weeds and flags weighed down by sandbags.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Rickler wrote:
Rest assured...

The fans desire to have a Lighthouse in the stadium will be well represented.
A lighthouse is that so it dont spoil fattys  Pig sea view from the steps of the rejuvinated directors box manky makeover  laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

PatDunne wrote:

I need to have it explained to me as to why the pig wants a feckin lighthouse in the ground!!! i just dont get it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:49 pm

The details of this Asbestos Stand will be revealed late, as a fait accompli. Brent ain't stupid, he's got his Chief Arselicker on board in the working group to oversee the process.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Angry wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

I need to have it explained to me as to why the pig wants a feckin lighthouse in the ground!!! i just dont get it
I dont think he wants a lighthouse persay...just any old shit jimmy wants is alright by me basically  Pig
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:26 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

I dont think he wants a lighthouse persay...just any old shit jimmy wants is alright by me basically  Pig

Nope, Nool wants a Lighthouse. He's mentioned it several time. He somehow thinks a 'Lighthouse' is a "Plymouth" thing.

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Maybe he wants one at HP so it can be painted green, white and black unlike Smeatons.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Nope, Nool wants a Lighthouse.  He's mentioned it several time.  He somehow thinks a 'Lighthouse' is a "Plymouth" thing.

Idiot.
lol! jeez what a dimlow   :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Nope, Nool wants a Lighthouse.  He's mentioned it several time.  He somehow thinks a 'Lighthouse' is a "Plymouth" thing.

Idiot.
lol! jeez what a dimlow   :Suicide:
He must be the brains behind the WG then  laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Dane. wrote:

Think Big !  

They simply aren't capable of "big" thinking, Argyle will be hampered by lack of ambition and small mindedness for years to come , unless something radically changes.
Which it won't!
deadhorse
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Dane. wrote:

Think Big !  

They simply aren't capable of "big" thinking, Argyle will be hampered by lack of ambition and small mindedness for years to come , unless something radically changes.
Which it won't!
deadhorse
BRENT OUT

This^.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Maybe he wants one at HP so it can be painted green, white and black unlike Smeatons.

Lighthouse 3 miles away from the sea still baffles me!!!

may aswell ask for a windmill up there to power the stadium..

actually remove that comment mods i dont want to be responsible for any wacky ideas brent likes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)   Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Park News (grandstand & Training piches)
Page 7 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next