Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?

Go down 
+18
jabba the gut ecfc
Rollo Tomasi
Tgwu
Moist_Von_Lipwig
seadog
sufferedsince 68
Greenskin
harvetheslayer
PlymptonPilgrim
tigertony
Freathy
Dick Trickle
Innocent Egbunike
Elias
Sir Francis Drake
Les Miserable
akagreengull
VillageGreen
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Pompous, Lootown and Anusworth. TT nailing it again with the hilarious bantz...
I do try and bring some humour just for you. Laughing   If you spread your information gathering just a little wider  study   you will have noticed that those phrases have been used for months elsewhere . Banana

Yeah on PASOTI by the lobotomised.

Tony's spiritual home. A wit and pace adored on the terraces by all accounts.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:59 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
I do try and bring some humour just for you. Laughing   If you spread your information gathering just a little wider  study   you will have noticed that those phrases have been used for months elsewhere . Banana

Yeah on PASOTI by the lobotomised.

Can't wait for Argyle to get back to the championship and see the Leedsareweeds witticism once more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 2:08 pm

tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Yeah well keep trying because you haven't got close to saying anything even vaguely amusing yet. Although actually please stop trying, in fact the only way you could possibly bring a smile to anyone's face on ATD is by announcing that you are going to stop posting and then feckin right off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

The amusing thing is, when PAFC clinch promotion, the superfans will be celebrating like the Leicester fans did when they won the Premier League. 4th division Champions Geddon Jimmy..

They'll be positively throthing at the mouth when the asbestos ridden Polish a Turd stand gets the go-ahead

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
The amusing thing is, when PAFC clinch promotion, the superfans will be celebrating like the Leicester fans did when they won the Premier League. 4th division Champions Geddon Jimmy..

They'll be positively throthing at the mouth when the asbestos ridden Polish a Turd stand gets the go-ahead

lol!

They will but getting promoted from a division we should never be in to start with isn't all that.

It'll all be "how wonderful James is!" when (not if) we eventually go up when in reality all it is is an example of the natural order reasserting itself and an outlying position correcting to a mean.

Argyle being promoted is always something to celebrate but the fact that it will have taken 6 years (if it happens this year) to happen is a disgraceful inconvenience that will barely merit a mention in some quarters.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:

lol!
Six more years. six more years. six more years!... eeh saved uzzz! lol! lol! lol! lol! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 6:38 pm

charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Yeah well keep trying because you haven't got close to saying anything even vaguely amusing yet. Although actually please stop trying, in fact the only way you could possibly bring a smile to anyone's face on ATD is by announcing that you are going to stop posting and then feckin right off.

And you Mr. Mouse are a copy of all things bad about PASOTi and it's owner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Well, look at that, address the organ grinder and the feckin monkey replies! Or is it the other way round?

As far as I'm aware, I've never run multi-accounts, I've never used my power as a mod/owner to kick all those with dissenting views off the site, I've never used the website as a tool for self-promotion, so that comparison is up to your usual standards of utter bullshit. No surprise there.

I find TT's attempts at humour tedious and pathetic in the extreme, a real waste of everyone's time. But I have never and would never ask for him to be kicked off the site by the mods (and they would obviously and rightly never do so anyway, unless he seriously breached the site's rules) although I'm looking forward to the day when he pisses off of his own accord.

All this time you spend on here, kicking and screaming in self-righteous fury, and STILL you haven't understood the differences in the way this site functions compared to Pasoti. There is a section on this very site called 'The Scandal So Far' which might further your understanding, maybe you could have a look sometime...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Well, look at that, address the organ grinder and the feckin monkey replies! Or is it the other way round?

As far as I'm aware, I've never run multi-accounts, I've never used my power as a mod/owner to kick all those with dissenting views off the site, I've never used the website as a tool for self-promotion, so that comparison is up to your usual standards of utter bullshit. No surprise there.

I find TT's attempts at humour tedious and pathetic in the extreme, a real waste of everyone's time. But I have never and would never ask for him to be kicked off the site by the mods (and they would obviously and rightly never do so anyway, unless he seriously breached the site's rules) although I'm looking forward to the day when he pisses off of his own accord.

All this time you spend on here, kicking and screaming in self-righteous fury, and STILL you haven't understood the differences in the way this site functions compared to Pasoti. There is a section on this very site called 'The Scandal So Far' which might further your understanding, maybe you could have a look sometime...

And you Mr. Mouse need to note the self righteousness comes from yourself, whether TT floats your boat or not, I've not seen him write anything abusive, condescending and with the arrogance that you manage to do quite so regularly when a post or opinion doesn't coincide with your own, this is most prevalent on PASOTi as most of us have fallen foul of.
The beauty of ATD is the freedom of speech, unfortunately this is abused by attack dogs like yourself and by your mate who will no doubt appear with the usual capture of the English language.
You have a good day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

And you Mr. Mouse need to note the self righteousness comes from yourself, whether TT floats your boat or not, I've not seen him write anything abusive, condescending and with the arrogance that you manage to do quite so regularly when a post or opinion doesn't coincide with your own, this is most prevalent on PASOTi as most of us have fallen foul of.
The beauty of ATD is the freedom of speech, unfortunately this is abused by attack dogs like yourself and by your mate who will no doubt appear with the usual capture of the English language.
You have a good day

You've not seen him write anything abusive, condescending or arrogant because you don't want to, because it doesn't suit your case. And this is how you function - in your own parallel reality, refusing to even acknowledge what doesn't fit in with your views. I remember TT lashing out at me with a jibe about 'not getting far up the career ladder', there's condescending and arrogant for a start. You can also look at a recent thread where he embarks on a diatribe about other posters' tongues and men's bottoms, so there's some abuse for you.

"your mate who will no doubt appear with the usual capture [sic] of the English language" There is a fantastic example of projection of precisely what you are doing onto someone else. I don't systematically weigh in to defend other posters and no-one systematically weighs in to back me up. But you have done precisely that with TT on many occasions now, you utter hypocrite.

Re. abuse, attack dogs and freedom of speech. The difference between this site and Pasoti is that no-one is chucked off it for holding certain views, but you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that, can you? If the mods think that what I have said is unacceptable, then I'm sure they will have a word. Who made you the keeper of this site's values? Maybe you should stand for election as a mod, that should give us all a good laugh lol!

There you go, there's a post with no nasty rude words to upset you  flower . Even so, I bet you won't engage with the arguments, won't accept any fact that doesn't fit in with your little parallel reality and you definitely won't acknowledge even the possibility that you could be wrong about anything.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Play nicely ladies.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:25 am

charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

D'you know - I think I've got you rattled a bit. Oh well .. if you can't hack the pace etc. .....
As Seadog says ''play nicely now'' Goodnight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 am

tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

D'you know - I think I've got you rattled a bit. Oh well .. if you can't hack the pace etc. .....

Rattled? No, although I will admit that I'm startled to come across someone with such a painful lack of self-awareness.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 2:12 pm

tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Just in case you didn't grasp it, the play nicely comment applies to you as well.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 5:20 pm

charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Rattled? No, although I will admit that I'm startled to come across someone with such a painful lack of self-awareness.
Charley, beware! Tony the Twat, trains to fight and fights to win, so he must be more than the total wanker he appears!..... Warning i'm not being rude its just Top Bantz! laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 12:00 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Charley, beware! Tony the Twat, trains to fight and fights to win, so he must be more than the total wanker he appears!..... Warning i'm not being rude its just Top Bantz! laugh laugh laugh
Now suffers. where did that come from? Don't think I've mentioned my day job from years back. Handbags My comments are only ever supposed to be banter. Goodnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:34 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

Just in case you didn't grasp it, the play nicely comment applies to you as well.

Just hope everybody grasps it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 am

charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

You have a good day

You've not seen him write anything abusive, condescending or arrogant because you don't want to, because it doesn't suit your case. And this is how you function - in your own parallel reality, refusing to even acknowledge what doesn't fit in with your views. I remember TT lashing out at me with a jibe about 'not getting far up the career ladder', there's condescending and arrogant for a start. You can also look at a recent thread where he embarks on a diatribe about other posters' tongues and men's bottoms, so there's some abuse for you.

"your mate who will no doubt appear with the usual capture [sic] of the English language" There is a fantastic example of projection of precisely what you are doing onto someone else. I don't systematically weigh in to defend other posters and no-one systematically weighs in to back me up. But you have done precisely that with TT on many occasions now, you utter hypocrite.

Re. abuse, attack dogs and freedom of speech. The difference between this site and Pasoti is that no-one is chucked off it for holding certain views, but you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that, can you? If the mods think that what I have said is unacceptable, then I'm sure they will have a word. Who made you the keeper of this site's values? Maybe you should stand for election as a mod, that should give us all a good laugh lol!

There you go, there's a post with no nasty rude words to upset you  flower . Even so, I bet you won't engage with the arguments, won't accept any fact that doesn't fit in with your little parallel reality and you definitely won't acknowledge even the possibility that you could be wrong about anything.

Mr. Mouse I'm very impressed you do have an understanding of comprehension.
I've referenced in previous comments the beauty of ATD is the freedom to express one self compared to the other lot, so no need to work yourself up on that one.
It's all about opinions, just a pity at times that the language used, not particularly by you I might add, is directed at the person rather than the situation.
For example calling me a fecking twat is somewhat different than writing "what a twatish thing to say"
So that's it from me, let's hope for a streaky win for the boys today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
tigertony wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

You have a good day

Mr. Mouse I'm very impressed you do have an understanding of comprehension.
I've referenced in previous comments the beauty of ATD is the freedom to express one self compared to the other lot, so no need to work yourself up on that one.
It's all about opinions, just a pity at times that the language used, not particularly by you I might add, is directed at the person rather than the situation.
For example calling me a fecking twat is somewhat different than writing "what a twatish thing to say"
So that's it from me, let's hope for a streaky win for the boys today.

Well there's a surprise, not a mention of being wrong about TT. Gutless. Not taking back the erroneous comment about a 'mate' being along to back me up either. It's extremely frustrating to exchange with someone who just glosses over issues that don't suit them, refuses to engage with certain points and is incapable of admitting to being in the wrong. No wonder posters resort to a four-letter reply, it saves time.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:18 pm

We're up to 62 points from 32 games.

If we need 85 points to go up then there's 23 points from 14 games to go: 7W + 2D; 6W +5D; 5W + 8D.

One point closer but 7 wins might do it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Can't see us winning half of our matches, we'll be relying on others to drop points methinks.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Might not need to win half our matches. The target is deliberately set high and last season is a bad one to compare to because the points total need was unusually high but we are one point ahead of the same stage last season and it was about now that our wheels fell off and even then we only missed out by 4 points.

So one win better than we did in our last 14 games and we're OK. That should be achievable. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:40 am

We've got to get 23 points from 14 games in relegation form. Simply not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:45 am

Previous years points targets completely irrelevant means absolutely nothing. Very different league this year we'd have expected Carlisle and Doncaster to win yesterday but managed a single pont between them

Adams will be tactically looking at the table knowing which games its imperative not to lose against. Yesterday perfect example and Carlisle will be the next.  Teams from bottom clearly capable of beating all teams at the top

I think looking at fixtures this last hour of all the top teams I reckon 82 will do it this season
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Freathy wrote:
We've got to get 23 points from 14 games in relegation form.  Simply not going to happen.

Going on current form alone (last 6 games) we would get 18 points. Pompey would be 5 better than us (not enough to catch us).

There are also around 10 "6 pointers" to play involving the current top 7.

Interesting to see where the current top 7 are in the form table and who the top 4 form teams are.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just take each game as it comes. We have the points and it's up to the others to catch us.

A few ups and downs to come but I'm quite confident that this will be our season..........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?   How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many points would Argyle need to gain promotion ?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next