Les Miserable
Sturtz
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sturtz

Sturtz

What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Are we tin pot?

It would be foolish to say that Plymouth wasn't a bigger City than Exeter, that you have a bigger stadium and that historically have performed better than City over the years.

Look at the situation now, a club that is owned by the fans and is solvent. A club that has invested comparatively heavily on youth development, yes we have to sell to survive and prosper. It's paying off! We have the best academy in the West, we've built our own all weather pitch so we don't have to fly to Spain to train, we've sold players for good money and have plenty more even better ones in the bag.

I'm betting that Purrington is cursing the day he signed for Argyle, chances are that he'd be worth a million by now if he'd signed for his hometown club. We could have done with some cover at left back as well!

So yeah Plymouth has a bigger history, not that great is it though? Least successful club in Europe (per capita) apparently and the situation now, owned by a jumped up Basil Fawlty that prefers rugby?
Poor training facilities, where's the investment? Brent dripping pennies from your money pot into the hands of his ambitious but drab manager. Get Plymouth up and he can probably get a better job further up the country Jock, like Holloway and Luggy!

To be fair him leaving will probably suit Brent, in fact league 1 is probably as far as he'd want to go anyway, to go futher would require putting in large amounts of money, your owner has never pretended to give a flying fart about PAFC other than as a money and power making venture, Christ even he would rather be elsewhere! Doubt if he'd last as long as Stapleton if things started to get scary, "Start the car Jeeves head for the hills!"!, with his profits safely tucked away in Porky's money belt.

Don't worry, I expect Peter Reid will pay the gas bill, and start again

In short you are stagnating with a tired old brand of football and little investment into any kind of future, whilst Exeter City have invested and are beginning to cash in. Produce enough players and not only will we have a young and entertaining first team, but we'll money in the bank to invest further. Do you know what is happening to your Liverpool money, here's a clue, it's not yours anymore.

I fully expect a total eclipse on Saturday, with Exeter winning 3:0 and overtaking you in the league in the near future, if I'm wrong then there will always be a next time!

Cue, jokes about Michael Jackson and Uri Geller.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Are we tin pot?

It would be foolish to say that Plymouth wasn't a bigger City than Exeter, that you have a bigger stadium and that historically have performed better than City over the years.

Look at the situation now, a club that is owned by the fans and is solvent. A club that has invested comparatively heavily on youth development, yes we have to sell to survive and prosper. It's paying off! We have the best academy in the West, we've built our own all weather pitch so we don't have to fly to Spain to train, we've sold players for good money and have plenty more even better ones in the bag.

I'm betting that Purrington is cursing the day he signed for Argyle, chances are that he'd be worth a million by now if he'd signed for his hometown club. We could have done with some cover at left back as well!

So yeah Plymouth has a bigger history, not that great is it though? Least successful club in Europe (per capita) apparently and the situation now, owned by a jumped up Basil Fawlty that prefers rugby?
Poor training facilities, where's the investment? Brent dripping pennies from your money pot into the hands of his ambitious but drab manager. Get Plymouth up and he can probably get a better job further up the country Jock, like Holloway and Luggy!

To be fair him leaving will probably suit Brent, in fact league 1 is probably as far as he'd want to go anyway, to go futher would require putting in large amounts of money, your owner has never pretended to give a flying fart about PAFC other than as a money and power making venture, Christ even he would rather be elsewhere! Doubt if he'd last as long as Stapleton if things started to get scary, "Start the car Jeeves head for the hills!"!, with his profits safely tucked away in Porky's money belt.

In short you are stagnating with a tired old brand of football and little investment into any kind of future, whilst Exeter City have invested and are beginning to cash in. Produce enough players and not only will we have a young and entertaining first team, but we'll money in the bank to invest further. Do you know what is happening to your Liverpool money, here's a clue, it's not yours anymore.

I fully expect a total eclipse on Saturday, with Exeter winning 3:0 and overtaking you in the league in the near future, if I'm wrong then there will always be a next time!

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Agree and many more on here I think feels the same. Just hope it a good game on Saturday and none of the village idiots spoils the day for both fans. (as long as it a Plymouth win) sunny
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Are we tin pot?

Sturtz the gut ecfc clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Tisdale out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Certainly weird how winning a few games can resurrect a seemingly long dormant ATD account. Probably an attempt a wind up but 'tis pissing into a very strong wind i'm afraid, because very few posters on this site give a rats arse about Exeter in any regard. Obnoxiously bombastic though he could be, at least old Tizzy was a consistent contributor come rain or shine on here and didn't have to wait for an apparently pants jazzing winning run to put his tuppenceworth in.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 12:33 am

Who is Reid?? Hughie Reid? Thought he retired years ago.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 10:27 am

Sturtz wrote:
Are we tin pot?

I'm afraid you are tin pot, Sturtz. You don't have to remind anyone on here about PAFC's Century-long history of under-achievement. But it's silly to even start to compare our two clubs. It's like comparing Doncaster or Rotherham with Sheff Weds or United. Close geographically but that's where any real relevant footballing comparison stops.

Even with the calamities of falling into the bottom tier for the first time in our history 20 odd years ago, we've still historically spent more time in the 2nd tier (somewhere you've never been) that any other division.

I know it's only natural to look on in envy of a near, bigger neighbour. But you have far more in common historically and in terms of achievement and potential with Torquay.

Do they have an internet Forum?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 10:30 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Sturtz wrote:
Are we tin pot?

Sturtz the gut ecfc clown

Or if he threw in a few more aggressive expletives....Lord Sturtzdale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:28 am

Sturtz wrote:
Are we tin pot?

you can tell this is a school kid cant you lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 am

To be fair to Sturtz, he can be quite funny. On this occasion the baaaanter hasn't had the desired effect, its a bit dull and no one is biting because regardless of anything else whatever happens on Saturday we are above them in the table. It wasn't that long ago the place was in meltdown, they couldn't buy a win and they wanted the manager and board out. Now since they've won a few games being a supporter owned club is the best thing in the world and Tisdale is back to being a football genius.

So he's got pissy and buggered off for a bit doubtless he'll be back if we lose along with Foxy.

The least you could say for Lord Turd was he would pipe up with his obnoxious bollocks regardless. Although he was every bit as fickle as the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
To be fair to Sturtz, he can be quite funny. On this occasion the baaaanter hasn't had the desired effect, its a bit dull and no one is biting because regardless of anything else whatever happens on Saturday we are above them in the table. It wasn't that long ago the place was in meltdown, they couldn't buy a win and they wanted the manager and board out. Now since they've won a few games being a supporter owned club is the best thing in the world and Tisdale is back to being a football genius.

So he's got pissy and buggered off for a bit doubtless he'll be back if we lose along with Foxy.

The least you could say for Lord Turd was he would pipe up with his obnoxious bollocks regardless. Although he was every bit as fickle as the rest.

Probably because he'd been banned everywhere else!

I see no reason to come on here other than when we're playing you, same with your esteemed readership, nobody deems to venture onto Exeweb, not even when we're playing you. Thing is that when Slime were in The Championship and we were Conference there were hosts of greenies at the trough, but now......nothing, apart from perhaps graiser.

Point is that when you say that there are no comparisons between the two sides I have to differ, there is one major comparison, it's called league 2!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Point is that when you say that there are no comparisons between the two sides I have to differ, there is one major comparison, it's called league 2!

Yeah, Bournemouth are in the same division as Man U.....there the comparison ends.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 2:49 pm

I suppose the old adage....."Plymouth Argyle, sleeping giant, or dwarf with a broken ladder?" must apply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Do you also get Hilarious Tone, the 'Cannon' to Graisers 'Ball'? I can only apologise to you for that. I and most others don't go on Exeweb because its shit basically and it still smells of bacon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 2:57 pm

One day this will all be sold off into history, just like the Reel. Internet football bants, the last music hall.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Couldnt give a shit about Reid fat lazy only ever scored double figures twice in his whole career and that was when he was playing up front with alassendra who dived alot in the penalty area..hence half of ruebens goals came from the spot in both them season soon as alassendra left ..so did most of reids goals
No great loss just another player who thinks his better than he really is
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Keep "bigging yourselves up" green chums, it makes beating you all the sweeter!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 5:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greedy fat cnut who thought the grass was greener, when evidently it wasn't.

That'll be one reaction.

Great goalscorer for us who suffered with persistent injuries. Past his best but good luck to him.

That'll be another.

My reaction? Meh.

He was a good striker for Argyle, and like you say, he was too injury prone. He will probably be booed by many and applauded by few. Personally, I hope he does not play or score this coming weekend.

Off topic: I think Wheeler is the danger player should he be playing for them on Saturday.
His feet were fu***d.
special boots and all that.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

The Cravat wearing show pony will be back to getting stick of the Exe Village Folk after tomorrows stuffing.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Call to arms by Derek, just saw him on ITV local news saying he wants Home Park to be a "cauldron" tomorrow and expects the green army to be "on the backs of the Exeter players".
On the other side Ollie Watkins has been named as league two player of the month apparently.
Anyway don't let Derek down now.
COYG
Hopefully a good day tomorrow, Argo beat shitty and England thrash the leek munchers.
:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Akagreengull!!!!? Someone that Torquay and Plymouth? Are we supposed to take any of your sh*t seriously?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Akagreengull!!!!? Someone that Torquay and Plymouth? Are we supposed to take any of your sh*t seriously?

Your pathetic insults Sturtzy old boy are starting to get increasingly desperate, your attempts to wind up the stoic ATD posters on here have clearly failed, maybe you should have tried your luck down on the farm, where they believe any old shit like Brent is good for PAFC.
Anyway my username reflects the fact that I have supported Argyle for a whole fifty years and for the last twenty years plus, living in mutant Abbot, I have also supported the Gulls as a local team.
Of course the Gulls and Argyle are united - in their disdain of Shitty, it's a local thing you know.
Anyway toddle off to your village derby tomorrow and cheer on yer bheys . laugh
BRENT OUT
COYG
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Sorry. your user name smacks of someone that actually supported Torquay but has now shifted allegence because his own team has fallen on bad times, again apologies.

To be honest I've lived in Leeds London and Manchester but have never considered myself anything other than a Grecian.

Hope you can imagine my disdain for changelings.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 8:39 pm

.....any chance that after tomorrows game you might change your name to GrecianGreenGull? It has a certain ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?   What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Reaction Will Reuban Reid get?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next